Page 349 of 386 FirstFirst ... 249299339345346347348349350351352353359 ... LastLast
Results 5,221 to 5,235 of 5790

today new Teaser Ilyana

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    I really hope Mulan is successful. I have no interest in seeing it myself but I wasn't going to go to the theaters for it anyways. I'm not sure how much Disney plus runs, but $30 for a rental for VOD demands sounds about right to me. That's somewhere between 2 and 4 tickets, taking into account locations, children's prices (if they are still different, I don't have kids so I don't know) and matinee prices if that still exists. I'm very interested to see how this does and if it's a viable alternative for theatrical release movies. If I were really wanting to see a movie in the theater that's probably already close to $30 for me and my partner to go, and then concessions. It would be worth it to me and I'd pay $30 for New Mutants, WW1984 and most Marvel movies, maybe even a handful of others.

I do think that people who honestly thought that if some studio took a risk and did this and were going to use a $20 or less model were only fooling themselves.
    If it works Black Widow might get this kind of release.
    Last edited by Maestro 216; 08-06-2020 at 11:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

today new Teaser Ilyana
    Fantastic. IMO I'm not sure they could have found a better match for comic Illyana.

Quote Originally Posted by ClanAskani View Post
    What's this "in theaters" they keep talking about. that's crazy talk.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    What's this "in theaters" they keep talking about. that's crazy talk.
    I could be wrong but I just feel disney has no faith in this movie. Otherwise why not just throw it on disney+ like mulan for 30 dollars. I would actually have a watch party to get my money worth. I just can't see a lot of people putting themselves at risk to see new mutants.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I think Disney is attempting to exploit a contractual loophole. They'll put the movie in theaters for a week or two to fulfill their obligation to Fox and then send it to streaming early.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    I think Disney is attempting to exploit a contractual loophole. They'll put the movie in theaters for a week or two to fulfill their obligation to Fox and then send it to streaming early.
    There are theater owners filming themselves destroying Mulan displays because they are so angry at Disney over destroying the anticipated reopening of theaters. Disney isn't going to pull New Mutants from theaters. A VOD release for Halloween likely is the priority, but also keeping theaters happy and justifying keeping paying some of their staff's salaries and not laying off everyone from marketing and distribution. They also have contracts with vendors for trailers and tv spots. Those companies have been nearly put out of business.

AMC is expecting to open most of their international theaters in 3 weeks and some US theaters. Other chains are following with late August reopenings. By the end of August, there could be close to 1000 theaters open in the US.

Drive-ins have been doing very well, but indoor theaters aren't drawing crowds with old movies unless it's special screenings. Empire Strikes Back was the #1 movie in theaters a few weeks ago, but the novelty is wearing off. Theaters need new releases.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    No, because HBO would still get it till 2022.

Tickets on sale August 18th:

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/n...se-1234731537/

Against all odds, “The New Mutants,” Disney and Fox’s beleaguered superhero thriller that’s been delayed numerous times in the past two years, might end up being the film that revives moviegoing.

Though Disney has shuffled around theatrical plans for nearly every movie slated for release in 2020 and beyond, “The New Mutants” has curiously stayed put on the weekend of Aug. 28. Many previously expected it could be postponed again, while others speculated that the film might be exported to Disney Plus or Hulu. But Disney sent exhibitors a lengthy email on Monday outlining theatrical plans, including news that tickets can be sold starting the morning of Aug. 18.

“It’s for sure opening August 28th!” one exhibitor wrote to Variety excitedly.

I know that I am surely in the minority but I hope, again all odds, that the movie will meet an honorable success. I had no faith in Dark Phoenix, but I want to believe that The New Mutants movie has a real direction. I hope it to be satisfying.

BANNED

I've heard that the budget of the movie is 50 million dollars. That's good. I hope that this movie will be a moderate hit and not a total flop. I really want it. I love this franchise so much, it's my fave superhero franchise of all times, and I want one last masterpiece, one last hit and then it's okay, it's the real end.

new poster

That's some confidence right there. Assuming that there's theaters large enough to have an IMAX theater that will be open, I mean.

Mighty Member

Blu Hunt doesn't look native American. Is she mixed?