Page 357 of 386 FirstFirst ... 257307347353354355356357358359360361367 ... LastLast
Results 5,341 to 5,355 of 5790
    Forcefields for everyone! sallyblevins's Avatar

I just watched the movie and I loved it!!!!! The five actors are perfect as the characters. Just perfect!!!

Romário would have been the PERFECT Emmanuel da Costa, shoot, add Pele as grandpa! Rome Flynn would have been a great Roberto choice already on the Hollywood radar.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I just can't believe there have been so many defending these casting decisions for YEARS. Look at the news and tell me the world has moved past racism.

Disney is lucky the world is too busy imploding to put much notice into this dumpster fire.
    lol my only surprise is how surprised people are sooo many"fans" are cool with it... dumpster fire... LMAO!
    Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    I hope this movie flops because of his comments. He didn't even need to open his mouth for us to know this based on his casting. #@#$ him.
    Lol riiiight like Damn Dude just heal on the insults
    Quote Originally Posted by ClanAskani View Post
    Dani and Rahne are close in the comics. I'm not sure NM is going with labels that either is lesbian. More like going fully Claremontian female relationships.

I think it falls into more of the category of falling in love with people not genders which is what Maisie has been on-record as how she classifies herself.
    Buuuut she's not playing herself she's playing a character that's never been shown to like anything but the D

More reviews...
    https://cinemania.20minutos.es/pelic...evos-mutantes/

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...ts-film-review
    GrindrStone(D)

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

That Boone interview suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ClanAskani View Post
    Dani and Rahne are close in the comics. I'm not sure NM is going with labels that either is lesbian. More like going fully Claremontian female relationships.

I think it falls into more of the category of falling in love with people not genders which is what Maisie has been on-record as how she classifies herself.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Buuuut she's not playing herself she's playing a character that's never been shown to like anything but the D

More reviews...

It is more complex than that as I noted in my original post.

Can you imagine the outrage if the did an Alpha Flight movie and made Northstar straight....and not arrogant??

lol my only surprise is how surprised people are sooo many"fans" are cool with it... dumpster fire... LMAO!

Lol riiiight like Damn Dude just heal on the insults

More reviews...

Dani and Rahne have a close friendship and telepathic bond. I don't ship them, but there are people who do. Like Kitty/Illyana, Kitty/Rachel and pretty much any two female characters written by Claremont, there is implied shippiness that could be taken to another level. Does that make any of those characters a lesbian? I don't think so. It's avoiding labels like Maisie has said. But maybe it's for the best that we didn't get more X-Men movies with both Jean and Rahne because on-screen Mophie might be a little weird for the characters.

I will never be one that's surprised by how accepting so many people are of casual racism. People really suck. Like so bad.

I'm seeing it all over this board. I'm seeing it with many users. So easy for them to dismiss real criticisms because they're too privileged to know how big a deal it is to so many that are underrepresented. "Oh stop complaining." "This topic again?" Yeah, I mean it's only this thing I've dealt with every day for my entire life.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    Boone is 100 percent correct. He casted the best actors for the job!
    I'm brazilian and I can say he's literally not "right". Brazilian is not a race. He seems to be saying the issue is about light-skinned vs dark-skinned black people, when it's not. Henry Zaga is not a light-skin black. He's not black at all. Not even mixed. Both his parents are white. It's easy to look up cause his dad is a politician and there are articles about them, with pics of him with his mother, sister, grandmother. All white.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I'm brazilian and I can say he's literally not "right". Brazilian is not a race. He seems to be saying the issue is about light-skinned vs dark-skinned black people, when it's not. Henry Zaga is not a light-skin black. He's not black at all. Not even mixed. Both his parents are white. It's easy to look up cause his dad is a politician and there are articles about them, with pics of him with his mother, sister, grandmother. All white.

Ignore him. He’s all over twitter saying the same BS. Literally in EVERY tweet thread defending Boone and telling upset fans to “keep crying.” The worst type of fanboy.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowbox View Post
    Ignore him. He’s all over twitter saying the same BS. Literally in EVERY tweet thread defending Boone and telling upset fans to “keep crying.” The worst type of fanboy.
    Boone is awesome! Boone just liked my insta comment as well!

24B3FD3D-97AB-4953-A36C-0DF8D4635F41.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by shadowbox View Post
    Yeah I'm not expecting him to understand. I was gonna say that anyway and his comment that "Boone is right" made me want to quote it instead of just posting it separately, because it seems like Boone literally doesn't fully understand the issue and thinks brazilians can't be white so it's all a matter of "light-skin vs dark-skin" brazillians.

Quote Originally Posted by brer rabbit View Post
    ...Magik is an asshole at this point of her life and character development is a thing you know.
    With a runtime of 100 minutes and 4 other major characters how much story time is gonna be dedicated to Magik developing a less prejudiced view of other people??
    GrindrStone(D)

Extraordinary Member

Americans seem to have a blind spot when it comes to racism in other countries. There's a tendency to want to depict American racism as something uniquely evil which makes it inconvenient to acknowledge the racism which exists in other countries. I take Boone's words in that context. He doesn't want to think about the problems in Latin American countries so he ignores them. It's something I see all time from Americans who are supposedly 'anti-racists.'

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Americans seem to have a blind spot when it comes to racism in other countries. There's a tendency to want to depict American racism as something uniquely evil which makes it inconvenient to acknowledge the racism which exists in other countries. I take Boone's words in that context. He doesn't want to think about the problems in Latin American countries so he ignores them. It's something I see all time from Americans who are supposedly 'anti-racists.'
    It is probably just ignorance, not an active choice to intentionally ignore racism. I am sure he will grow from this experience/backlash.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    As an American, I wholly acknowledge the rampant racism all over the world. If Boone doesn't get that, that's his failing.

The thing about racism is that it has so many faces. I think the difference in the US is that we have this very constant hot-topic conflict between the great many people trying to highlight/fight racism... and the even bigger population that refuses to acknowledge it to such an extreme degree that they have to make things much, much worse to maintain that facade. So it's just constantly our narrative to an international spectator.