Page 358 of 386 FirstFirst ... 258308348354355356357358359360361362368 ... LastLast
Results 5,356 to 5,370 of 5790
    Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Americans seem to have a blind spot when it comes to racism in other countries. There's a tendency to want to depict American racism as something uniquely evil which makes it inconvenient to acknowledge the racism which exists in other countries. I take Boone's words in that context. He doesn't want to think about the problems in Latin American countries so he ignores them. It's something I see all time from Americans who are supposedly 'anti-racists.'
    Well America's Foreign policy tells you everything you need to know about what Americans thinks of non-western countries.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    With a runtime of 100 minutes and 4 other major characters how much story time is gonna be dedicated to Magik developing a less prejudiced view of other people??
    You do know that they were planning on making two sequels before the Disney buyout right?

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    As an American, I wholly acknowledge the rampant racism all over the world. If Boone doesn't get that, that's his failing.

The thing about racism is that it has so many faces. I think the difference in the US is that we have this very constant hot-topic conflict between the great many people trying to highlight/fight racism... and the even bigger population that refuses to acknowledge it to such an extreme degree that they have to make things much, much worse to maintain that facade. So it's just constantly our narrative to an international spectator.
    Even this ignores the fact that racism is merely one facet of a bigger social problem. There are many more forms of discrimination that are equally bad.

Forcefields for everyone! sallyblevins's Avatar

With a runtime of 100 minutes and 4 other major characters how much story time is gonna be dedicated to Magik developing a less prejudiced view of other people??
    Enough time. I will say that illyana is the one that has more screen time with Dani then Rahne then the boys. If you love Magik you’re gonna love the character in the movie. I hope at least the girls do the jump to the MCU like deadpool because I don’t think there are better actress for these 3 characters (they’re talented and they look perfect)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by sallyblevins View Post
    Enough time. I will say that illyana is the one that has more screen time with Dani then Rahne then the boys. If you love Magik you’re gonna love the character in the movie. I hope at least the girls do the jump to the MCU like deadpool because I don’t think there are better actress for these 3 characters.
    That's good to hear. One question, is she actually a sorceress in the movie or is she just a mutant? A recent Boone interview strongly implied the latter and made me pretty worried about how she was being handled.

Forcefields for everyone! sallyblevins's Avatar

I send you a private message. I don’t want to spoil

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Americans seem to have a blind spot when it comes to racism in other countries. There's a tendency to want to depict American racism as something uniquely evil which makes it inconvenient to acknowledge the racism which exists in other countries. I take Boone's words in that context. He doesn't want to think about the problems in Latin American countries so he ignores them. It's something I see all time from Americans who are supposedly 'anti-racists.'
    You'll find that's in every country, it's being human and people are horrible when it comes to racism with outsiders.

Quote Originally Posted by brer rabbit View Post
    You do know that they were planning on making two sequels before the Disney buyout right?
    yeah....
    GrindrStone(D)

The audience can understand Illyana is being mean and says something inappropriate and hurtful. Having an after-school special moment where she learns she was wrong isn't necessary for the audience to understand that. Kids are terrible to each other.

The film was meant to be a trilogy so there isn't the character development in a single film. This is where this set-up for these characters could have worked far better as a tv show where there characters could have far more progression with more time that just doesn't exist in a movie.

Extraordinary Member

Based on everything I've been hearing I have to agree that making it into a tv show would have been the better route.

Astonishing Member

A early draft of boons script had storm as a sadistic jailer/torture for the new mutant...
    https://www.vulture.com/amp/2020/08/...mpression=true

Thank God Fox stopped him

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    A early draft of boons script had storm as a sadistic jailer/torture for the new mutant...
    https://www.vulture.com/amp/2020/08/...mpression=true

Thank God Fox stopped him
    So Boone wanted to write the black character as an evil child abuser. Why am I not surprised?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    So Boone wanted to write the black character as an evil child abuser. Why am I not surprised?
    It's like he likes treating black characters like crap or somting ?

I think hiring a black actor not necessarily from Brazil woulda be waaay more inline than the current casting....but Im sure theyd be whoooole buncha folks with a whooooole buncha .... to say about it
    GrindrStone(D)

Mighty Member

I think hiring a black actor not necessarily from Brazil woulda be waaay more inline than the current casting....but Im sure theyd be whoooole buncha folks with a whooooole buncha .... to say about it
    the kicker is he could have found a Afro Brazilian.. his nasty ass interview said all hues were present.. He just wanted to go with Henry who is such a great human..eye roll.. now to find out he wanted Storm to the the jailer.. DId he not read new mutants ever.. Storm was a pillar of support to those kids.. Storm was by far one of their greatest allies.