Page 47 of 386 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797147 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Yes because this is just about casting the "right look".

As for those list of questions seems like the same line of bs someone always brings out when this type of casting goes down in Hollywood.
    Minus the box office argument.

Quote Originally Posted by JediKage View Post
    Yes because this is just about casting the "right look".

As for those list of questions seems like the same line of bs someone always brings out when this type of casting goes down in Hollywood.
    Minus the box office argument.
    What else is it about then? Basically all I have seen on these last few pages is the actor isn't dark enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    What else is it about then? Basically all I have seen on these last few pages is the actor isn't dark enough.
    It's not that he isn't dark enough. It's that he's not black.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Avatar View Post
    It's not that he isn't dark enough. It's that he's not black.
    And this guy is?
    USAvengers_Roberto.jpg

Bobby hasn't been "black" in quite some time. Not sure what happened along the way, but If I didn't know Bobby's origins, I would have no clue he was part Afro-Brazilian if I picked up a copy of U.S. Avengers.

Is it lazy that they went with someone who looks somewhat similar to the current Bobby? Yeah, you can say that. But we also don't know all the circumstances of the casting. Hell, it is still a rumor at this point.

He's even white here
    XMN_Sunspot.jpg

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Part VIII of my X-MEN mix focuses on Sunspot casting

BANNED

I wouldn't go 100% by how colorists depict characters, especially if race/skin color is an actual story component.

How many times has a character's eye color been depicted differently? Sure, you can No-Prize it away as colored contacts, but I'm sure not that much thought went into it.

I wasn't a fan of the casting choice for the most recent Johnny Storm; I'm not a fan of either Sunspot casting.

BANNED

Ah right the two wrongs make a right approach.

So because Marvel Comics did it its A-Okay for Fox to do it. What a grand justification for whitewashing.
    X-men in Marvel wear costumes in Yellow and Blue and yet I don't see that in the movies outside of Deadpool. Funny how such logic fails.
    Besides I have seen the back issues Boone claimed to research it wasn't USAvengers that is for sure.

People are acting like this is an isolated incident...but really the FoX-men diversity has been **** up until this point.

Seems like we got a whole lot of I got mine be it Moonstar or Magik ergo who cares about the rest of you.
    Last edited by JediKage; 05-25-2017 at 08:35 PM.

And this guy is?
    USAvengers_Roberto.jpg

Bobby hasn't been "black" in quite some time. Not sure what happened along the way, but If I didn't know Bobby's origins, I would have no clue he was part Afro-Brazilian if I picked up a copy of U.S. Avengers.

Is it lazy that they went with someone who looks somewhat similar to the current Bobby? Yeah, you can say that. But we also don't know all the circumstances of the casting. Hell, it is still a rumor at this point.
    Bobby's still black no matter how artist choose to color him.

BANNED

Yeah what a character is to my mind defined by the creator.
    He was created as Afro Brazilian thus he is no matter what the artist, editor or colorist does later.

I still would not call this whitewashing since the actor is a brown latino and as far as i know whitewashing mean the race of the actor can be identify as white.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by iByakuya View Post
    He's even white here
    XMN_Sunspot.jpg

Yeah....soooo "white".

Beyonder with a tan^

Incredible Member

And this guy is?
    USAvengers_Roberto.jpg

And the picture from U.S.Avengers I posted before you has a different skin tone. Doesn't matter. Character was created a POC of Afro Brazilian descent no matter who's coloring it.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dot View Post
    Seriously? The origin deals with him being BLACK from day one! It's literally IN the story. And they for sure focused on his family (*cough*his father*cough*), Reignfire didn't have fair skin, and other instances. He is a POC with Afro Brazilian descent, depicted as such, and always been. You didn't know he was as a kid, but that's you. Others did and this issue been around ever since they started lightening his skin (and other POC skin tones).
    do they call him black in the story? I remember Axe clearly being black. and I remember Roberto's mother being the whitest of white people. they made sure to show her. why? to dilute his afro-brazilianess.