Page 5 of 386 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member Holland Oates's Avatar

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/05/13...nts-josh-boone

The Fault in Our Stars director Josh Boone will co-write and direct The New Mutants, an expansion of the X-Men universe for Fox. Boone, a longtime comic-book fan, pitched the film along with a new comic-book for the series, and sources familiar with the project say the film will be based on the 1980s run of the Marvel comic, and that tonally it will be—”John Hughes meets Stephen King”—leaning towards horror and the supernatural.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Holland Oates View Post
    If it's 'leaning towards horror and the supernatural' then Magik has a better chance of getting in. If it were to borrow the plot from the 80s it would be limited to Limbo, the Demon Bear, or Selene, any of which would be good. Of course, it could always simply be 'loosely' based on the 80s run and not be recognizable in character or story. Shifting away from sci-fi is a good way to differentiate this movie from the other super-hero movies.

'New comic book for the series' is also interesting. If there were comics for the other X-Men movies I never heard of them. Does fox even have the rght to do that?

Ultimate Member

Selene as the big bad would be interesting. Not only do we not have nearly enough cool/interesting female heroes in leading roles when it comes to film/TV, but we don't have nearly enough cool/interesting female VILLAINS in leading roles either. As for Illyana, I kind of guessed that they'd skip her "demonic" side and just make her a crazy girl with teleportation powers (these films LOVE their teleporters), or the "Limbo powers" would be explained as a mutation. But if they're invoking Stephen King, maybe they'll go further with it than I thought.

As First Class was about a different roster then the comics first class, I wish this movie takes some liberty also and adapt the roster as to something like these to keep all the new hired actors: Jean Grey, Storm, Cyclops, Nightcrawler, Jubilee, Cannonball and Wolfsbane for example. Sinister, Shadow King or Selene would be cool as villains.

They aren't going to mix the teams together. This is supposed to be a spinoff and mixing the teams defeats the purpose of expanding the franchise. New Mutants will be an entirely new team while the X-Men will continue to consist of the core members (Cyclops, Jean, Storm, Nightcrawler...).
    Last edited by Holland Oates; 05-14-2015 at 11:12 AM.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    As for Generation X, again, they have a different flavor and tone, and Clive Barker can direct a movie about the mutant team that has stretchy skin (Skin), no skin at all (Penance), or rips off their skin to use their powers (Husk). Seriously, what's up with them and skin?
    Penance has skin, it's just red, razor sharp, incredibly dense, and so far pretty darn impenetrable. ;D

But anyhow, since the New Mutants movie is apparently going to be based on the '80s New Mutants comic, having '90s Generation X be the sequel only makes sense. /pray ;D
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Quote Originally Posted by Holland Oates View Post
    They aren't going to mix the teams together. This is supposed to be a spinoff and mixing the teams defeats the purpose of expanding the franchise. New Mutants will be an entirely new team while the X-Men will continue to consist of the core members (Cyclops, Jean, Storm, Nightcrawler...).
    They confirmed this?
    If not I can still speculate and wish right?

He pitched a film AND a comic? He'll have better luck with the film...

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    They confirmed this?
    If not I can still speculate and wish right?
    The X-Men =/= the New Mutants. And if you've been following what the filmmakers and the other powers that be at Fox have been saying with regards to where they want to take the franchise, you'd know that not only do they want to continue with the "next generation of X-Men characters" (Cyclops, Jean, Storm, Nightcrawler) that are being introduced in XMA in subsequent X-Men films, they want to branch out and create other franchises (in addition to X-Men and Wolverine, now we're getting Deadpool, Gambit, and New Mutants, probably with X-Force and X-Factor not far behind). This hybrid conflicts with that, and really, why would anyone want them to be combined? There are enough complaints about characters getting shafted or not getting their due in these films. Putting them all together would naturally result in some X-Men and some New Mutants getting shortchanged in terms of screen time and development, and seriously, who wants that? Keeping each group in their own film series maximizes the amount of focus they would receive, and both teams, especially the New Mutants which will undoubtedly feature new characters who haven't been in the films yet, would benefit greatly.

Maybe you're right and we'll have room for everybody but also this is Fox, they did it before with First Class, so we'll see. It's still early to affirm anything until confirmation.

It makes sense really the more franchises they have the more movies they can put out without having to rely on the same cast. Then there are crossovers and things that could be big money. If say you watch New Mutants and one of your favorites is in it then maybe you'll be more excited about the next X Men film because the New Mutants will have a role in it or Deadpool might appear in X Force etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Three words:

Negasonic Teenage Warhead
    Well that's Deadpool they want to dig up the weird and wonderful to pander to the video game fans because Deadpool is weird and kooky or something.

This movie gonna fail... hard. Marks my word. They can't and don't know how to make good X-men movie, I'm feeling depressed at the thought that it can be a good movie but it won't.

This is a dark era for X-men's fans.

Ultimate Member

https://twitter.com/JoshBooneMovies/...22080839540736

Well that's, impressive. So can anyone here identify any of them?

All-New Member

http://i940.photobucket.com/albums/a...06-060-061.jpg

This line up haven't been seen before in comic!!! Hope Fox can make it true in the movie~
    And I'm ok if they change Cable to Moonstar