Page 55 of 386 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155 ... LastLast
    BANNED

A Combination of Factors
    Whitewashing, Deviations From Source Material Annoying The Core Fanbase, and it being ****.
    But its slightly different no anime or manga adaptation is going to make it in the west if the Western Fanbase is ******* on it nonstop.

Now New Mutants.....its riding on good will to the actresses currently cast that is the only thing it has going for it.
    Its already deviating heavily from the source material which usually doesn't go over well.
    The whitewashing debate over Sunspot isn't likely to help.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    I'm not questioning their qualifications, just their existence.
    Come on now, every country has actors. And I think a black actors of another nationalitie also exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I already tried to point out the various complications and questions about the auditions (Did anyone seek out an audition? Did Fox seek them out? Did they even fit the role in anything beyond just appearance? Did they have the chemistry with the existing cast during their screen test? Were they even available for the film?) and was dismissed as it being an excuse.
    This post seems to have gone ignored so I'm going to quote it, but this is basically how casting goes. To reiterate, was JB and friends able to cast a black-brazilian actor with the right age range in conjunction with the rest of the co stars?. Which seems to be below the age of 23. When and if they did find someone, were they a capable actor for Roberto? Did they have good chemistry with the actors/actresses already cast? Would they have been able to commit to filming 3 big movies over the course of maybe 6-7 years, and would that conflict with other preexisting schedules if any? And most importantly like Ambaryerno said, did any black-brazilian actors that can tick ALL of the box's actually show up to audition? It's not as cut & dry as some may think.

BANNED

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thank you

That is not an excuse. If you can't find an Afro Brazilian actor that fits all these requirements at first, you should try harder. They certainly have the means to do so.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Psi-Lord View Post
    That is not an excuse. If you can't find an Afro Brazilian actor that fits all these requirements at first, you should try harder. They certainly have the means to do so.
    Congratulations for completely missing the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Psi-Lord View Post
    Do they? They can't force someone to be a black-brazilian actor with good enough acting chops, and to magically be the appropriate age needed. They can't force the dude to commit to a contract spanning three different movies over many years. They can't force you to show up to audition either. That's not how casting calls work. We don't know if Boone was able to find someone who fit the bill before the production date hit or not.

There's millions of black Brazilians. You're telling me they couldn't find one person?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Avatar View Post
    There's millions of black Brazilians. You're telling me they couldn't find one person?
    I think the point being raised is: the producers don't go looking for someone, they announce that they are holding auditions. It's known as a "casting call."

So it would be unusual for producers to send a talent scout into a foreign country to look for an actor to play a particular part.

Roles for Hollywood movies are unbelievably competitive. Actors looking for work are always seeking new auditions offering roles appropriate to them.

What actually happened at the New Mutants casting call, I don't know. But generally, that's how it works. You go to them, they don't go to you.

Even very famous actors have been required to show up and "read" (audition) for a role they might want.
    Last edited by Shai-Hulud; 05-26-2017 at 11:47 PM.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Kurt LeBeau is Christopher M.?

No he was just hinting at the Mirage actresses for a while in this and other threads.

I think Moonstar will be the "Villain" of the movie. Probably unconscious for alot of it and projecting horror scenarios on CeCe & the Mutant's
    Last edited by ChildOfTheAtom; 05-27-2017 at 12:00 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SomeCBFanboy View Post
    Do they? They can't force someone to be a black-brazilian actor with good enough acting chops, and to magically be the appropriate age needed. They can't force the dude to commit to a contract spanning three different movies over many years. They can't force you to show up to audition either. That's not how casting calls work. We don't know if Boone was able to find someone who fit the bill before the production date hit or not.
    Right because Hollywood has record for really trying to cast Black Actors....

Oh wait no Hollywood has record for whitewashing.

I should really make a list of all the posters coming up with BS excuses.

If you don't care just say you don't care don't try force feed us such BS excuses blaming every Black and Brazilian Actor for not getting cast in New Mutants.

Like its there fault instead of Boone (F Him) and Fox.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

I don't care and I've never made an excuse. My response is we need to make our own. I don't see the point in begging and pleading for white people to do right by black people in the movies and films when it doesn't ever happen. Which is why Black Panther is so amazing yet most act like it's blasphemy to want X-MEN in the MCU.

FOX doesnt cast Black Mutant's and when they do they are either light skin (Storm, Angel, Domino) or they are there to just die and never be seen again (Darwin, Bishop). How are you all still shocked about this after 17 years.

This is America and it's always been that way.

Black people have powers of persuasion over this country. Athletes, Musicians, Fashion etc etc they take everything we do and incorporate it (How many white girls are always saying stupid **** like yaaasss now or twerking like it's some new phenomenon?). We can do it just have to get the ball rolling. Build it and they will come
    Last edited by ChildOfTheAtom; 05-27-2017 at 01:13 AM.

BANNED

Well then I wasn't talking about you was I

I mean I disagree with your position but at least you are not straining credulity with tired old BS arguments about there just isn't enough talent or they didn't want the job.
    Last edited by JediKage; 05-27-2017 at 12:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JediKage View Post
    I should really make a list of all the posters coming up with BS excuses.
    And what exactly would you hope to accomplish with this "list"?

Quote Originally Posted by JediKage View Post
    If you don't care just say you don't care don't try force feed us such BS excuses blaming every Black and Brazilian Actor for not getting cast in New Mutants.
    I wasn't blaming anyone. I was implying that sometimes directors just don't get a specific actor for the job in time for production. It's not a "BS excuse" it is just the reality of how casting works. The system for it is broken. Would I prefer a black-brazilian actor to be Roberto? Absolutely, It'd be cool for me to see someone of similar race on the big screen as a main character. But if they truly couldn't find the right guy in time, then I would settle on the actor just being brazilian at the very least.
    Last edited by SomeCBFanboy; 05-27-2017 at 12:47 AM.

BANNED

Oh don't worry it will be a private list....but what name X-men Fans That Are .....

That implies Boone and Fox put any effort into trying to cast an Afro-Brazilian Actor of which I remain dubious of.
    Where is your proof that they actually tried?
    We got the end result and the end result is Boone is lying sack of ****.

I am suppose to believe Zaga is some great cant miss talent based on what his resume is 9 Episodes of Teen Wolf and 4 Episodes of 13RW?
    Last edited by JediKage; 05-27-2017 at 12:55 AM.