Page 56 of 386 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106156 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JediKage View Post
    That implies Boone and Fox put any effort into trying to cast an Afro-Brazilian Actor of which I remain dubious of.
    It's fine to be skeptical of how casting was handled. But it seems odd that they would try to find a proper actress for Mirage (Blu Hunt?) & Cece Reyes (Rosario Dawson?), and suddenly not want to do the same for Sunspot.

Where is your proof that they actually tried?
    Where's your proof that they didn't try, ran out of time, and had to settle?

I get that it's not unnatural for Hollywood to get these things wrong. It happens all the time. But you don't see me going around saying "**** Boone and anyone who would defend him." when casting isn't always in the directors hands.

You have the right to be mad at the casting, and I have the right to give him the benefit of the doubt, because of the two potential actresses listed above.

BANNED

I got the history of Hollywood to suggest they didn't try.

You have got faith in Boone.

I know what I put more stock in.

The director gets the blame that is how it goes...no one from Fox forced him to go out and bandy about how much he loves the New Mutants and was going to get this casting right.

So yes I stand by my assessment of Boone.

BANNED

A very toxic assessment.

I just need the whole main cast confirmed already. All this speculation, wait and all is killing me lol.

Hopefully on mid June we'll already have the core New Mutants team confirmed. Mirage, and Cannonball included. really intrigued with Sam casting

I can't believe this topic is still going. I'm more interested in seeing who will be cast as Warlock tbh, I hope it's a real Technarch.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    A very toxic assessment.
    How so? All the assessments on how Hollywood prefers white/lighter skinned actors, and we're just supposed to assume isn't the case for this film?

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt LeBeau View Post
    I just need the whole main cast confirmed already. All this speculation, wait and all is killing me lol.
    Hopefully Boone lines em up like this for the cast photo

Quote Originally Posted by HaydnC95 View Post
    I can't believe this topic is still going. I'm more interested in seeing who will be cast as Warlock tbh, I hope it's a real Technarch.

My fear is Warlock will cast as a African-American an that's gonna really set people off
    Last edited by ChildOfTheAtom; 05-27-2017 at 06:31 AM.

would be awesome to see a cast pic with all of them, and without the likes of Magneto and Mystique in the middle or anywhere to be seen

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    Ah, comic books. Alien, Black haired brown-eyed Native American, Black haired brown-eyed Asian, blue-eyed blonde white chick, red-haired blue-eyed white chick, blonde-haired blue-eyed white chick, blonde haired blue eyed white dude, another blonde haired blue eyed white dude, and an black haired brown eyed Latino dude. I heard somewhere that white people can have brown hair and eyes, but you'd never know that by this team. It's all blonde, blonde, blonde, blonde and blue, blue, blue, blue eyes (with a redhead who *isn't* a telepath, just to shake things up).

Anyway, I hope Sam has a country-boy accent. Midwestern, southern, I don't even care. There's a demographic that gets represented far less than various skin-colors (although I would have preferred darker actors for Dani and Berto, it is what it is, they still got better representation than Karma, who was axed for yet another blonde).

BANNED

Where is your proof that they actually tried?
    Where is your proof that they DIDN'T? You're just making an assumption, and dismissing anyone who doesn't blindly come to the same conclusion as you.

Get off your high horse. WE DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED AT THE AUDITIONS. We have NO information on who did or did not audition. This ain't a "BS excuse," this is FACT.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I'm disappointed that Karma isn't in the film, as I have a soft spot for the character because she doesn't seem to be too popular, but this notion that they somehow have permanently axed her from ever appearing is ridiculous. Who's to say she won't appear in another film down the line? Or that she won't be referenced, or show up in this film for a bigger role in the next? Some of you are acting as if this is the final film in the saga, and that they completely refused to use her. I mean damn, she was missing for a chunk of the New Mutants run anyway. Maybe we should wait and see what they have in store.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    It's all blonde, blonde, blonde, blonde and blue, blue, blue, blue eyes (with a redhead who *isn't* a telepath, just to shake things up).

I think Magik will be the only blonde on the team. They'll probably make Cannonball brunette. And they'll probably keep Maisie that way as well. Probably won't dye her hair so close to Season 8 of Thrones filming.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I'm disappointed that Karma isn't in the film

Until I leave the theater on Thursday 4/12/18. I won't believe she's not in the film in some capacity. There's always extra guy/gals in every horror movie and extra Mutant's in every X-MEN movie
    Last edited by ChildOfTheAtom; 05-27-2017 at 07:27 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    There's always extra guy/gals in every horror movie and extra Mutant's in every X-MEN movie
    QFT. We didn't find out until rather close to Logan's release that there were other mutant kids, not just Laura. So Doug and Karma could still be present, their roles just aren't as major as the others.

I actually think it'll be similar to X2 scene where Colossus wants to help but Wolverine says help them.

Xi'an will want to help but has to get her siblings to safety instead. If they were progressive they'd film an exclusive scene for the Asian market. So much $ they are leaving on the table without her.
    Last edited by ChildOfTheAtom; 05-27-2017 at 07:30 AM.

BANNED

This movie was pitched as part of a trilogy. Karma (and Magma) could be a central part of the second or third movie.