Page 6 of 386 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Why is everyone so high on Dani? She's been top of nearly every single want list for a line up never rated her much. Her relationships with some characters is interesting but she never really did much that i can remember. She was cooler when she had no powers and she was some badass native chick than i can recall when she had powers.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Moondoggie View Post
    Why is everyone so high on Dani? She's been top of nearly every single want list for a line up never rated her much. Her relationships with some characters is interesting but she never really did much that i can remember. She was cooler when she had no powers and she was some badass native chick than i can recall when she had powers.
    I mostly like her for the Valkyrie stuff and being a badass chick even after she lost her powers. ;D
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    I mostly like her for the Valkyrie stuff and being a badass chick even after she lost her powers. ;D
    Dani rides a wave of awesomeness. I miss her powers but she is a fully empowered character.

Quote Originally Posted by HKHERO View Post
    http://i940.photobucket.com/albums/a...06-060-061.jpg

This line up haven't been seen before in comic!!! Hope Fox can make it true in the movie~
    And I'm ok if they change Cable to Moonstar
    I'm not. No Cable and I can't be arsed about this movie...

...but I'd be good with Cable and Moonstar being in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I'm not. No Cable and I can't be arsed about this movie...

...but I'd be good with Cable and Moonstar being in it.
    Dani taking orders from Cable unrealistic, Dani punching Cable in the face and then yelling at him for screwing over her team that I would pay money to see.

I can live with that. Just put Cable in it. All I ask.

BANNED

I don't mind Cable, so long as the skip the "son of Cyclops and his true love's evil clone sent a thousand years into the future in care of his alternate reality sister and her cult of weirdos to treat his techno-organic virus and be raised as the ultimate soldier to take on the ultimate evil mutant both in the future and eventually in the present" schtick. Maybe skip the TP/TK altogether, make his techno-organic virus into his power (makes him stronger, helps his aim, powers his firearms). And pouches.

No Cable! Classic NM. Make it a small movie...The Demon Bear story line would be bear. No world wide crisis.

I don't see the Demon Bear storyline making it to the big screen - it's too mystical and too weird for the mainstream X-Men movie audience. That is not a criticism of the story, by the way - I think it's great, and what I loved about New Mutants was its willingness to be weird and experimental (especially with the art) - but I think it's too out-there for a studio that has shown no confidence in getting the X-Men away from its central themes of prejudice, persecution, and evolution, avoiding any of the extraterrestrial threats and adventures that characterised a good portion of the book's most popular period.

I suspect we're more likely to see elements from various stories from the McLeod/Sienkiewicz eras - probably the team being forced to fight in some sort of gladiatorial arena against each other/other mutants, perhaps some sort of slumber party, maybe a storyline involving Legion. I don't object to stories involving magic or aliens, in fact I think it would be cool to take the plunge into a wider area of fantasy, but studios are not known for their willingness to experiment and I think they'll be wary of crossing that threshold with an X-Men franchise.

Still betting Cable will be in this. We'll see.
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 05-16-2015 at 10:00 AM.

I think the only reason to have Cable in this would be if they were unable to get one of the actors who'd played Prof X or Magneto to come back; I could even see them making Halle Berry the head of the school so the audience would have some sense of continuity with the parent franchise.

Josh Boone has said that Sienkiewicz is one of his favourite artists so I really would imagine his choice would be to adapt that era, though I agree that the characters are (with the exception of Magik and Warlock) less immediately dynamic than many from other periods.

Ultimate Member

The report that I heard states that it's probably going to be based off of some of the 1980's stuff, and that it will have a more "supernatural/horror bent to it."

http://www.eonline.com/news/656513/x...he-new-mutants

Ah here it is.

It didn't say what era it would be based off of, just that it would have a supernatural/horror bent to it. But I suppose that would imply some of the 80s stuff like the Demon Bear arc, assuming they are adapting specific stories from the books.

The publication also described the project's tone as "John Hughes meets Stephen King" or towards horror and the supernatural.

You need to follow the links to Entertainment Weekly:
    The Fault in Our Stars director Josh Boone will co-write and direct The New Mutants, an expansion of the X-Men universe for Fox. Boone, a longtime comic-book fan, pitched the film along with a new comic-book for the series, and sources familiar with the project say the film will be based on the 1980s run of the Marvel comic, and that tonally it will be—”John Hughes meets Stephen King”—leaning towards horror and the supernatural.

Quote Originally Posted by Moondoggie View Post

Because she's as badass as Storm or Black Widow, but easier to relate to.

If Dani isn't in this movie, Fox won't be getting any money from me.