Page 65 of 386 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115165 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt LeBeau View Post
    Fassbender and mcavoy were nobodies?? you clearly dont know what nobodies really means lol.
    I had certainly not heard of Michael Fassbender before First Class, and I had seen and enjoyed Inglourious Basterds; he didn't stand out though. But also, this actor playing Sunspot and both of the girls rumored to be up for Dani are new talent. They've balanced that well, and to be honest, a lot of moviegoers are not going to know who Anya Taylor Joy and Charlie Heaton are.

I think there are plenty of reasons to be upset about the casting of this movie (alongside even more reasons to be excited about the movie in general), but the actors playing Magik, Wolfsbane, and Cannonball (and hopefully Dani, but nothing is confirmed there) are not really part of that.
    Last edited by TheRealWashout; 06-01-2017 at 11:04 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Theycallmebone View Post
    consistently portrayed as dark skinned
    http://comicsalliance.com/sunspot-ne...-whitewashing/

Two wrongs don't make a right, but Sunspot's whitewashing has been going on for years, at least since the start of New Mutants v3.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

God damn this thread is insufferable

Unglaublich!

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    You're not wrong there!

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    I had certainly not heard of Michael Fassbender before First Class, and I had seen and enjoyed Inglourious Basterds; he didn't stand out though. But also, this actor playing Sunspot and both of the girls rumored to be up for Dani are new talent. They've balanced that well, and to be honest, a lot of moviegoers are not going to know who Anya Taylor Joy and Charlie Heaton are.
    thats for sure. Thats part of the reason why I dont understand why executives get obsessed with tv actors. I mean, I get it, its cool, but most general viewers probably didnt even watch those shows, lol, so it wont help the movie at all. u know what I mean? Its an interesting topic

and about personal opinions.... Im not happy with Cannonball choice, because even if I really like Charlie in ST, I just dont see Sam on him. And was kind of wishing Boone to surprise me with a really faithful choice, maybe a totally newcomer, since they got Anya and Maisie. I know to some fans saying this is nitpicking, but I wanted a blonde actor for Sam. I dislike when studios or networks do this. If a character is blonde, its blonde. Like Angel or Havok or Thor. Its not that hard to find a talented blonde actor. The reality is they just dont care sometimes. Sunspot is already black hair, so would have been really nice to see a blonde male. At least to me.

same with Rahne being redhead, but we all know they wont dye her hair, because of GOT filming, or they dont want it either.

Incredible Member

LoL he used the Lightskin photo and the comments are predictably hilarious.
    Yeah it's hilarious when people know that he's not close to a Branco Brazilian......sure.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    http://comicsalliance.com/sunspot-ne...-whitewashing/

Two wrongs don't make a right, but Sunspot's whitewashing has been going on for years, at least since the start of New Mutants v3.
    There are cases when they got it right in New Mutants v3....

We have cases of Sunspot's look going back to his original in both Avengers and even New Avengers so some course correcting was made at times. But fact is he's been depicted more as having a Afro-Brazilian look for decades and not close to looking straight up branco. And the article points out why the constant skin lightening of other characters is off too. "Colorismo" is definitely real...and not just in Brazil.

Someone posted this and it's fitting.
    https://thenib.com/lighten-up-4f7f96ca8a7e
    Last edited by C-Dot; 06-01-2017 at 11:43 AM.

I guess since it's officially official I'll repost my sunspot vid

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dot View Post
    Yeah it's hilarious when people know that he's not close to a Branco Brazilian......sure.
    Can you please put me on ignore or stop quoting me... Either is fine
    Last edited by ChildOfTheAtom; 06-01-2017 at 11:47 AM.

That dude from Stranger Things is Cannonball? Hm. Don't see it.

Amazing Member

I can only imagine how you feel. To have your concerns brushed under the rug and someone disagree with your views. To be made to feel like the representation you want isn't valid. A black man like myself just could never understand.

yesterday while discussing Cannonball casting with some friends on facebook, I made a quick search to show them the type of look I would have liked for Sam and found plenty of photos and guys that gave me comics Sam one way or another.

this was a quick example I posted to them:

http://www.mens-hairstyle.com/wp-con...londe-Guys.jpg

And look this guys, its almost like comics Cannonball come to life:

I found another guy, that looks wise was another perfect example of comics Sam live version, let me see if I find that pic again....

hell, I wouldnt have minded an atypical looking boy like this one:
    https://www.hairstylesware.org/wp-co...cuts-ideas.jpg

someone tall, with that weird teenager thing going on and not that handsome, just like I see Sam on the early NM comics.

Anyway, you guys can get my point, with these pics alone
    Last edited by Kurt LeBeau; 06-01-2017 at 12:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Theycallmebone View Post
    A black man like myself just could never understand.
    So what bruh im black too.. and I've stated my view on this a bunch of times. and there is only one way to get proper representation and it's not crying to white people who honestly don't care.

Sunspot casting just isn't the end of the world to me. Its a beautiful day in June there's better things to be doing imo like getting ready for the epic game 1 of the finals tonight
    Last edited by ChildOfTheAtom; 06-01-2017 at 12:19 PM.

Incredible Member

So what bruh im black too.. and I've stated my view on this a bunch of times. and there is only one way to get proper representation and it's not crying to white people who honestly don't care.

Sunspot casting just isn't the end of the world to me. Its a beautiful day in June there's better things to be doing imo
    Nobody is crying about jack or talking crap about things being "the end of the world" but you. People can have a flippin' opinion about casting and for you to belittle it when it's a real issue to some people is garbage. And you talking about how it's hilarious when people of color have a legit issue with it is garbage too.

And "I honestly feel like you all some suburban privileged ass hassadiddy black ppl if this is the end of the world to you." and "Ain't nobody in the hood thinking about a sunspot casting"? Man miss me with that hot garbage.
    Last edited by C-Dot; 06-01-2017 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dot View Post
    Nobody is crying about jack or talking crap about things being "the end of the world" but you.
    Ummm you must not have been reading this thread its nothing but crying. Yes the response to Boone posting a light skin photo of Sunspot and then immediately his comment section is filled with "Keep Roberto Black" replies and things like is funny to me. Not because of them being offended or whatever but the spin he tried epically failed.

And honestly every single black male in these FOX movies is killed and never heard from again. If you want proper representation then the rights need to revert to Disney until then stop acting surprised there hasn't been proper representation in 17 years for minorities.

I'm just happy a xfilm finally has more women then men for the first time. And if you can have your opinion I can have mine
    Last edited by ChildOfTheAtom; 06-01-2017 at 01:04 PM.

This is an interesting thread to keep coming back to.