Page 7 of 386 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    All I want is Dani Moonstar and I will be pleased
    you and me both!

Quote Originally Posted by veriaqa View Post
    This movie gonna fail... hard. Marks my word. They can't and don't know how to make good X-men movie, I'm feeling depressed at the thought that it can be a good movie but it won't.

This is a dark era for X-men's fans.
    at this point they have made several 'good' X-Men films. more good than bad. fans can claim this is a dark era comic-wise...but not film-wise.

I leave for a week and Fox throws another X film our way!

Character wise this can go anywhere with anyone, no matter what the press releases say - this is still early days script wise most likely.

I can see them using some of the Apocalypse cast to tie this film into the main franchise (and trust me, all this has to tie together somehow - massive franchises are now the thing.)

They could throw in Jubes or Nightcrawler (although I'm hoping for an Excalibur film), since they are pretty young. They can tie the films together and both have mainstream name value.

I'd expect to see Kitty and Cable, and the rest of the most popular versions of the old and newer New Mutants and GenX.

(Anyone who thinks they'll solely use one group of mutants, have way to much faith in the Donner's and Hollywood...they don't care about comic continuity - it's a separate universe people. Geez Jubes is now a founding member of the bleeding X-Men. The Donner's are the only people who matter here - director be damn. They have the final say on everything. )

Spectacular Member

At least the director/co-writer seems to be a fan of the comic which is pretty hopeful.

Very promising. There's at least four copies of the Demon Bear Saga in those pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Aetherna View Post
    At least the director/co-writer seems to be a fan of the comic which is pretty hopeful.

Yes!!! Love that it is primarily composed of the golden Claremont and Wells eras of the NM, and none of that Rob Liefield era crap.

Keeping my fingers crossed that the director is inspired by Emma and the Hellions issues and puts them in the film!
    Last edited by Project Initiative Cascada; 05-19-2015 at 10:11 AM.

Extraordinary Member

With the supposed supernatural focus my guess for the villain would be Selene. Limbo is too big to be the focus of the movie when it also has to introduce the other characters, thougb it should still make an appearence and be forshadowed. And I don't see the Demon Bear working because I think they need a villain that speaks.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    With the supposed supernatural focus my guess for the villain would be Selene. Limbo is too big to be the focus of the movie when it also has to introduce the other characters, thougb it should still make an appearence and be forshadowed. And I don't see the Demon Bear working because I think they need a villain that speaks.
    If you are going for horror the Demon Bear is perfect, it is an unstoppable destructive force that relentlessly hunts down its prey and you never know why it chooses you, you only know that it will never leave you alone, never allow you to rest.

Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    If you are going for horror the Demon Bear is perfect, it is an unstoppable destructive force that relentlessly hunts down its prey and you never know why it chooses you, you only know that it will never leave you alone, never allow you to rest.
    maybe Larry Bodine will be it's first victim

Extraordinary Member

That could work, but then it would have to be separated from Dani's story. Tying it to Limbo/Belasco might be the best way to explain its origin. The lack of a proper explanation for where it came from is the biggest problem from the comics.

That could work, but then it would have to be separated from Dani's story. Tying it to Limbo/Belasco might be the best way to explain its origin. The lack of a proper explanation for where it came from is the biggest problem from the comics.
    Belasco and Selene are best saved for the second movie (if there is one), Donald Pierce, the Demon bear or the Right world be perfect for the first.

Extraordinary Member

Belasco and Selene are best saved for the second movie (if there is one), Donald Pierce, the Demon bear or the Right world be perfect for the first.
    When I said 'tying it to Limbo/Belasco I meant more in the way Loki's plot in Avengers was tied to Thanos.

They said they're going for a supernatural tone, so Pierce and the Right don't really fit that unless they have really minor roles. The Bear works, but it pretty much has to be setup for something bigger in a future movie. Selene I think would be great for the first movie. She's big enough to be the single main villain but not so big that they can't give the team its due in terms of development. And we could really use a good female villain in a superhero movie.

When I said 'tying it to Limbo/Belasco I meant more in the way Loki's plot in Avengers was tied to Thanos.

They said they're going for a supernatural tone, so Pierce and the Right don't really fit that unless they have really minor roles. The Bear works, but it pretty much has to be setup for something bigger in a future movie. Selene I think would be great for the first movie. She's big enough to be the single main villain but not so big that they can't give the team its due in terms of development. And we could really use a good female villain in a superhero movie.
    Selene would be a perfect main villain for this film. Not only is she a compelling and sexy character that can hold her own as a villain, but like you said the X-Films (Or really most other comic book films) have yet to have a main female villain. Not to mention having Selene in the film would be perfect tie-in to Amara's backstory and the vendetta she has against her for killing her mother.

Quote Originally Posted by project initiative cascada View Post
    selene would be a perfect main villain for this film. Not only is she a compelling and sexy character that can hold her own as a villain, but like you said the x-films (or really most other comic book films) have yet to have a main female villain. Not to mention having selene in the film would be perfect tie-in to amara's backstory and the vendetta she has against her for killing her mother.

my eyesssssss

Actually if Selene is the villian then this could be a sequel to First Class: Moira and the governement decide to gather their own team of mutants to battle Selene and the new Hellfire Club.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    Actually if Selene is the villian then this could be a sequel to First Class: Moira and the governement decide to gather their own team of mutants to battle Selene and the new Hellfire Club.
    I doubt Dani Would be working for the Government