Page 8 of 386 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by S.k.i.d. View Post
    I doubt Dani Would be working for the Government
    Dani Moonstar was a SHIELD agent. I don't think she has any problems working for the government.

I doubt Dani Would be working for the Government
    It could be a common enemy thing where Dani needs Moira and the New Mutant's help to fight the antagonist.

Looking into the Hellfire's history, when Selene was the leader she convinced Sunspot to join the group so theres that. Also two members in Hellfire Club who could be cool to see: Viper (who was in The Wolverine) and Sage.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    Because she's as badass as Storm or Black Widow, but easier to relate to.

If Dani isn't in this movie, Fox won't be getting any money from me.
    See, Dani is just Storm 2.0 (like Sam in Cyke 2.0). Given how horrible they've been at Storm prime, I find it hard to think they can handle Dani much better. Who are they going to cast her with?

This was Fox's last attempt at a native American X-character:

(oh, now there's also Booboo Stewart's Warpath, excuse me)
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Extraordinary Member

The plot has to take into account that these are inexperienced high-schoolers with limitted control over their powers. Working for the government takes away from that and makes the school setting less important.

What makes Selene work is that she doesn't have to be part of a preexisting story or a larger plot. She can be part of Nova Roma or the Hellfire Club, or she could not be. Her story doesn't have to push any one New Mutant's story over the others.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    Dani Moonstar was a SHIELD agent. I don't think she has any problems working for the government.
    This is gonna be teenage feather in her hair-wearing, bison choking, scalp taking, Dani Moonstar. That sh!t won't fly

Extraordinary Member

Boone has stated that he's already decided all the characters he's going to use,and said 'anything's possible' with regards to a 2017 release date. With them already stating what the tone they're going for is as well I'm starting to suspect that they're pretty far along in the planning process.

So I assume this will take place in the present. Though I suppose they could say some time stuff allowed Roberto to be born earlier (and possibly by a different actor). I for one hope that the team includes some of the characters who were good, but had very little screentime in DOFP. Like Blink and Warpath. ANd I highly doubt that Cypher or Warlock will be on the team.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

This is gonna be teenage feather in her hair-wearing, bison choking, scalp taking, Dani Moonstar. That sh!t won't fly
    Teenage Dani wouldn't fight animals and scalping really? We all know she prefers to stab those who offend her in the heart.

Extraordinary Member

They should get Bill Sienkiewicz to make new drawings for the opening/closing credits.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    They should get Bill Sienkiewicz to make new drawings for the opening/closing credits.
    That would be cool to see
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Ultimate Member

I'm guessing that this will take place in the "future" post-2023 timeline. That allows them to bring some of the preexisting characters back (like Sunspot). Plus I'd imagine that they'd want to reserve the "past" stuff for the formation of the "classic" X-Men team (what with bringing in Jean, Scott, Storm, etc and all that).

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    See, Dani is just Storm 2.0 (like Sam in Cyke 2.0). Given how horrible they've been at Storm prime, I find it hard to think they can handle Dani much better. Who are they going to cast her with?

This was Fox's last attempt at a native American X-character:

(oh, now there's also Booboo Stewart's Warpath, excuse me)
    "Just" Storm 2.0? Hardly. They may both be minority female leaders who kick ass, but Storm's been put up on a pedestal by writers and fans (which is fine, there's nothing wrong with liking characters like that), while Dani has always been a more down to earth, flawed character, which happens to suit me much better.

I agree that Fox doesn't have a good track record with minority characters, though. It's definitely a concern. However, I really feel that the O5 New Mutants are the cast that superhero movies need right now. Something to get away from the all white guys plus token woman and minority male that seems to be the best they can do, so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    "Just" Storm 2.0? Hardly. They may both be minority female leaders who kick ass, but Storm's been put up on a pedestal by writers and fans (which is fine, there's nothing wrong with liking characters like that), while Dani has always been a more down to earth, flawed character, which happens to suit me much better.

I agree that Fox doesn't have a good track record with minority characters, though. It's definitely a concern. However, I really feel that the O5 New Mutants are the cast that superhero movies need right now. Something to get away from the all white guys plus token woman and minority male that seems to be the best they can do, so far.
    Come on now, I don't mean to belittle Dani(as a lover of Storm, anyone with association to her is actually a high praise), but it is clear she follows in Storm's footprints. She is a different character, hence 2.0, but come on. Claremont's hand is heavy. None-Western cultural origin? Check. Animist/non-Christian/pagan spirituality? Check. Rivalry with tall white boy for leadership? Check. Looses her powers only to maintain badass standing in the team, as leader? Check. Has Asgardian power-boost? Check.

I agree the New Mutants 05 was an awesome group as far as diversity goes, and the comic movies of today are largely a sea of white(mostly male) faces. That said, as you too have noticed, Fox hasn't really been great at bringing that diversity to the screen in a manner other than tokenism. Look what happened to Sunspot. His first story is about being called a n***** by that kid on the soccer team. Who did they cast? Did they respect his powers and look? Did he have any character besides being a Human Torch knock off and being mutilated?
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

I noticed earlier in this thread the idea of using Selene for the villain of a New Mutants movie, and that got me thinking:

1) New Mutants should be set in the revised future, c. 2023+. The other X-Spinoffs (Gambit, X-Force, Deadpool, Wolverine, etc.) would also be set during the same time frame.
    2) Selene is introduced, but rather than as the main villain, she instead provides a role for the X-Films similar to how Thanos is being used in the MCU: The Bigger Bad working in the background through various puppets.
    3) The "future" series of X-Films and their sequels would then eventually build up to an adaptation of Necrosha as a massive crisis crossover — move the events to New York City rather than the remnants of Genosha to ramp up the threat level — as all of the X-Men must gather together to fight Selene's attempt to ascend to godhood.

Selene's army of the dead could then allow the return of characters in the "new" timeline, allowing the return of Banshee, Azaezel, Darwin, Angel Salvatore, Shaw, and Emma.
    Last edited by Ambaryerno; 05-22-2015 at 04:19 PM.

Oh wait, just remember Selene was named as one of the Four Horsemen in AoA, don't know if she still could be in New Mutants.