Page 9 of 386 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    Oh wait, just remember Selene was named as one of the Four Horsemen in AoA, don't know if she still could be in New Mutants.
    Afaik that was only ever a rumor or speculation. The identities of the Horsemen have never been confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Come on now, I don't mean to belittle Dani(as a lover of Storm, anyone with association to her is actually a high praise), but it is clear she follows in Storm's footprints. She is a different character, hence 2.0, but come on. Claremont's hand is heavy. None-Western cultural origin? Check. Animist/non-Christian/pagan spirituality? Check. Rivalry with tall white boy for leadership? Check. Looses her powers only to maintain badass standing in the team, as leader? Check. Has Asgardian power-boost? Check.

I agree the New Mutants 05 was an awesome group as far as diversity goes, and the comic movies of today are largely a sea of white(mostly male) faces. That said, as you too have noticed, Fox hasn't really been great at bringing that diversity to the screen in a manner other than tokenism. Look what happened to Sunspot. His first story is about being called a n***** by that kid on the soccer team. Who did they cast? Did they respect his powers and look? Did he have any character besides being a Human Torch knock off and being mutilated?
    It was the "just" I objected to, not the comparison. To me, though, most of those points are superficial (and I could argue a couple, but this isn't the place). It's how the characters react to them that defines them, IMO.

I'll take your word about Sunspot, since I've been too afraid to see that movie. I choose to remain cautiously hopeful about this one until I'm given reason not to be.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Afaik that was only ever a rumor or speculation. The identities of the Horsemen have never been confirmed.
    Well last I checked they've admitted that Warren will become Archangel so he has to be one of the horsemen...and he's Apocalypse's favorite, he was the only one that ole blue lips called son...

Ultimate Member

The identities of the Horsemen are unconfirmed at this time (I still believe that Wolverine will end up being one myself). It'd be interesting if Selene managed took over leading the HC after Shaw's death in FC, and managed to rebuild it and make it stronger than it was before.

BANNED

Does anyone else think the New Mutants would work better as a live action tv show in the X-MEN universe? I just think a story about teenager might work better in a longer multi chapter story.

Ultimate Member

Probably, but that'd be tricky to do for two reasons:

-The budget would have to be BIG. Like Game of Thrones-levels of big, if not more so.

-I recall reading that while FOX flat-out owns the rights to make X-Men FILMS, TV shows are in a more "grey" area between them and Marvel.

BANNED

Dani better be the leader and a Cheyenne, and be a powerful telepath.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    Because she's as badass as Storm or Black Widow, but easier to relate to.

If Dani isn't in this movie, Fox won't be getting any money from me.
    Also Storm and BW suck in the movies and even if Storm was as good as she was in the 80s comics, then who can put a cap on the number of strong women we can have? No one!

Ultimate Member

No BW is awesome. And Storm simply suffers from a combination of miscasting and underuse.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    No BW is awesome. And Storm simply suffers from a combination of miscasting and underuse.
    Even then, I'd argue that it's been far more the latter than the former.

And yeah, considering that MCU fans are practically SCREAMING for Black Widow to get her own movie, I think it's safe to say that she's been one of THE breakout characters. Black Widow and Sif BOTH deserve solo films.
    Last edited by Ambaryerno; 05-24-2015 at 02:56 PM.

BANNED

I like BW more in the movies then comics for the most part.

I don't like the MCU BW. She's never been a super-compelling character for me anyways, but I think Natasha should have a nice Russian accent, and be more mature. Of all her appearances in the MCU, I only liked her in CA:Winter Soldier. The writing/direction on that movie was spectacular. She's pretty weak sauce for me in the Iron Man and Avengers movies. Patty cake with Hulk? Really? Come one Whedon, you can do better than that.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

#X-Men #NewMutants not done yet but we have a lot of pages

A photo posted by Josh Boone (@joshboonemovies) on Aug 13, 2015 at 10:16am PDT

The irony is that a successful superhero TV show would benefit more from a single, strong character (Daredevil, Arrow, the Flash) as opposed to a team (agents of shield). Super-hero movies have had success partly because the format lends itself well to the ensemble performances. There are a lot of stories to be told with characters whom have rich back stories like Dani and Illyana. One can argue a show centered on either of them may be easier to write than a NM team movie.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by banky View Post
    The irony is that a successful superhero TV show would benefit more from a single, strong character (Daredevil, Arrow, the Flash) as opposed to a team (agents of shield). Super-hero movies have had success partly because the format lends itself well to the ensemble performances. There are a lot of stories to be told with characters whom have rich back stories like Dani and Illyana. One can argue a show centered on either of them may be easier to write than a NM team movie.
    I disagree. In fact I think a TV series would actually BENEFIT a team, as it provides more opportunities for fleshing out multiple characters.

Compare Star Trek: TNG to the TNG films. In the series, everyone got development and time to shine. The movies were almost all about Picard and Data.