Super Moderator

Default AMC's "Preacher" Begins Filming

Seth Rogen has announced that the long-awaited adaptation of Garth Ennis and Steve Dillon's Vertigo series has officially begun filming.

Full article here.

Very excited.
    Co-host of Get Valiant, a Valiant Comics podcast.

All-New Member

No mention of where filming is taking place? Acknowledging New Mexico would have been nice.

It's weird Lucy Griffiths was on the first episode of Constantine, gets bumped off, then shows up in this as a unique character to the show.

All-New Member

I just saw that it is noted in the Comic Reel post, so that's cool.

Probably should divorce myself of all feelings but why: Lucy Griffiths as Emily, a character created for the TV show.?????????

My goodness! I did a search on early Preacher threads to be respectful of previous conversations not getting lost. It was like a landmine of threads.

PREACHER Season 2 Gets A Summer Premiere Date; First Look Photos Tease A Bloody Fun Road Trip

Jesse Custer, Tulip O'Hare, and Cassidy are nearly ready for their second go-round as AMC officially announced yesterday that the second season of their hit series Preacher will debut on Monday, June 19, at 9 PM EST.

The biggest takeaway from this announcement is that the show will be making the move to Monday night, after previously airing on Sundays, which should bode well for its future as it will no longer have to faceoff against HBO's epic fantasy series Game of Thrones.

It may be an unpopular opinion among Preacher purists, but I liked the idea of using Season 1 to set the tone and dig deep into the personalities of the trio. Jesse's characterization in some parts may have been a weak spot but Cassidy was pitch-perfect and Ruth Negga's Tulip, while different from the original, is the best kind of different.

Now that that's out of the way, though, bring on the bloody fun road trip!