Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    BANNED

people can figure out why characters from another network aren't making an appearance.

I felt like I watched an episode lol. There was more flying in that teaser than every season of Smallville.

It's still too early for me to tell, but I will be watching. My interest is piqued. I have a six year old cousin, and she wore her Supergirl Halloween costume until she stretched it out. She's going to love this.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

This seems way too chick-flick-y for me. Not sure if I will bother checking it out. Hope the target audience enjoys it.
    Cyclops was right

Gritty & Realistic Member Hatestorm's Avatar

That was cringe worthy. About as bad as i was expecting.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

The chick flick setup is a huge turn-off. I swore I was watching the Devil Wears Prada with a news replacing fashion. I'll watch the pilot but I don't think this show will be for me.

I love it! Gives me the same vibe as The Flash, the effects are great for TV and she is incredible good (and cute) in the role.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Why is everyone being so negative about this? WE'RE GETTING A NEW SUPERGIRL SHOW, PEOPLE! Yes, it looks very tween drama-y but the whole point is to appeal to a younger generation, which comics need to survive. And people are always complaining that there aren't enough female super-heroes out there with their own shows and movies and whatnot, well, now we're getting one! What better choice for a female super-hero show than Supergirl! What concerns me, and others have pointed this out, is that it's sort of implied that Superman himself is out of the picture at the moment. I also like that they are using the family crest angle for the symbol. The scenes on Krypton are cool but the only real drawback I see is the Cat Grant character. She's going to get old real quick.

As for any direct connections to Arrow or Flash, right now it's kind of up in the air. Although it would explain a few things nicely if it does take place in that universe because if Superman really is out of the picture, then you have good explanation for why he didn't come to the aid of Starling City when the earthquakes happened or Central City when the reactor blew up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Foolery View Post
    I'm totally rooting for this to be successful. I totally am.
    But, Network TV is unforgiving when it comes to ratings. Especially CBS. I'm not sure that was the right network to showcase this type of series.
    Also, this being a separate "continuity" from the DC film verse, and also from DCs successful small screen universe of Arrow and Flash is a mistake. Marvel has set the standard for the 'one Film/TV universe' model and viewers are gonna wonder why Flash or Henry Cavill aren't making guest appearances.

And it was a bit schmaltzy.

I'd be surprised if this makes it past season one.
    I think people are smart enough to figure it out..or perhaps I am overestimating it.

Anyways, I know a few folks who didn't know Flash and Arrow were connected (they didn't watch Arrow) and was surprised when the Crossover happened (not comic book folks, of course..the general audience).
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hatestorm View Post
    That was cringe worthy. About as bad as i was expecting.
    What was so cringe worthy about it?
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

It gave me a very strong "Devil Wears Prada" vibe with pretty much every scene at her job, and that was a major turn off. It came off to me as the show not having figured out what kind of show it really wants to be yet, and that could sink it very fast.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    It gave me a very strong "Devil Wears Prada" vibe with pretty much every scene at her job, and that was a major turn off. It came off to me as the show not having figured out what kind of show it really wants to be yet, and that could sink it very fast.
    Huh, couldn't disagree more on the latter front. I can absolutely understand if the tone and aesthetic of the show aren't what someone wanted or was hoping for from it, but it seemed to me like a show that very clearly had a strong sense of identity and what it wanted to be.

BANNED

Putting the bad music and length aside, i think this looksto be fun. We shall see!

Fantastic Member

I'm in but not sure about the hunky James Olsen and it woulda been nice if her hair was blonder like the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Why is everyone being so negative about this? WE'RE GETTING A NEW SUPERGIRL SHOW, PEOPLE! Yes, it looks very tween drama-y but the whole point is to appeal to a younger generation, which comics need to survive. And people are always complaining that there aren't enough female super-heroes out there with their own shows and movies and whatnot, well, now we're getting one! What better choice for a female super-hero show than Supergirl! What concerns me, and others have pointed this out, is that it's sort of implied that Superman himself is out of the picture at the moment. I also like that they are using the family crest angle for the symbol. The scenes on Krypton are cool but the only real drawback I see is the Cat Grant character. She's going to get old real quick.

As for any direct connections to Arrow or Flash, right now it's kind of up in the air. Although it would explain a few things nicely if it does take place in that universe because if Superman really is out of the picture, then you have good explanation for why he didn't come to the aid of Starling City when the earthquakes happened or Central City when the reactor blew up.
    I'm seeing more positive than negative comments so your post seems a bit hyperbolic. Also just because people want new female-led superhero shows doesn't mean they'll accept anything.

it still bugs me that Jimmy Olsen is black. i guess it will take getting used it but it wouldn't have killed them to either create a new black character for the show (it worked for Smallville with Chloe) or a character that is supposed to be black (such as say John Henry Irons) but otherwise looks like a fun show.
    Like the Guardians of the Galaxy fan page at http://www.facebook.com/TheGuardiansOfTheGalaxy
    Download one of our games at https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ck+Innovations