Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default WATCH: CBS Unveils First "Supergirl" Trailer

The "Supergirl" TV series is official for fall, and CBS has debuted the first trailer from the show, starring Melissa Benoist in the title role.

Full article here.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    The "Supergirl" TV series is official for fall, and CBS has debuted the first trailer from the show, starring Melissa Benoist in the title role.

Full article here.
    OK. I'm charmed.

My God, does anyone not know her secret identity by the end of the first episode? And that was waaay too much footage.... A sneak peek is one thing, that came across like a recap of the pilot episode even before it's aired.

Having said all that, it looks OK. It's arguably even more blatantly comic-booky than The Flash. A step too far for general audiences though? Hopefully not.
    Last edited by Vworp Vworp; 05-13-2015 at 02:51 PM.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Did I just watch the first episode?

It looks ok. It has potential to grow into something pretty cool (or pretty horrendous). I think she does the Clark Kent aspect justice. Not entirely sold on her heroic side but it, like the show, has potential.

All-New Member

Oh man, if only they could make the Superman movies with this much heart...

I love it!!!

They had to continue the "My name is..." trend lol.
    We need better comics

Lot of potential there and a very good lead actress; based on that. However, a pilot does not make a series. It will take a solid block of episodes to really sway me; but, this looks like it could be really, really good. It also looks like it could easily turn into a comic book Devil Wears Prada, if they get lazy. The full season order is very encouraging, as is the footage. I hope it does well, if for no other reason than to establish another great heroine. Not a fan of the music, though; different generation.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    They had to continue the "My name is..." trend lol.
    Haha!! I was just about to to post that anyway looks good!! Similar to The Flash trailer about the same length too
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

I'm generally not a negative person when it comes to new shows, but this trailer looked pretty awful. That said, I'll watch the pilot when it airs because I don't like to dismiss shows based on a 7 minute video.

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

I think im gonna like it.

BANNED

That looks like quite a bit of fun. Looking forward to this.

This looks great! Special effects look outstanding. The airplane save was well done. Looking forward to this.

All-New Member

This looks really good, but this promo is terrible. Aside from literally being the whole first episode in 6 minutes they've cut it together with some truly terrible music choices to make it feel like the trailer for a trashy chick flick romcom.

I'm sure the series will be more on a level of Arrow and Flash than that in reality, so I'm definitely looking forward to finally seeing it in action. It does kinda feel like they sucked all the fun out of Felicity this year to write this version of Supergirl with her character instead, though...

BANNED

So based on this we can conclude that either (A) 12 years passed between Jor-El and Lara sending Kal-El away and Krypton's actual destruction or (B) some of Krypton's population escaped its destruction, set up a colony on some other planet, only to have that new planet go kaboom 12 years after Krypton did.

And are the Danvers rich? Because Kara lives in a pretty swank apartment for someone who fetches coffee for a living.

EDIT: Watched the opening again; I missed that they were both launched at the same time. So I guess the "spent years in suspended animation before arriving on Earth" bit with Kara probably comes into play.
    Last edited by kalorama; 05-13-2015 at 03:22 PM.

Amazing Member

First thoughts:

Too schmaltzy in places.
    Too much Superman set up
    'Not a man' Why? Would you set up Flash with 'Not a woman'?
    Callista Flockhart needs to tone down the Valley girl thing
    She doesnt need to explain why its Supergirl, it just is what it is. Show us shes amazing, dont tell
    I dont like this career path for the character, its too 'soft'. Should have gone with computing or something. Kara is extremely intelligent and a more scientific thinker. This internship just seems like some Sex in the City type rubbish.
    Speaking of scientific thinkers, her love interest is Brainiac 5 who is a gift of 3 different plots in one character (Love interest from the future descended from her most feared enemy) and hes a cute doofus like the guy in the trailer. There is a better established character to use.
    Lastly, why is Alex/Lena so old? I was hoping for more cosmic adventures with her geeky sis than Gilmore Girls.

I think Gilmore Girls sums this up, shes Rory. Although Rorys last boyfriend was Brainiac 5 in JLU, it all fits!
    Last edited by Superchick; 05-13-2015 at 03:17 PM.