Default If the Regency Sticks Around After Secret Wars

In Bleeding Cool, Rich Johnston claims that the world of Old Man Logan will become a monthly title after Secret Wars.

There's a lot of unknowns here. Johnston could be wrong, and Old Man Logan might also just become part of the regular Marvel Universe. On the other hand, comments about Spider-Gwen suggest some alternate universes are sticking around.

So, if the world of Renew Your Vows sticks around (and assuming Peter & MJ aren't married with a young kid in the pages of the regular Spider-Man title) what type of creative team would you like to see? Who would be the best fit for a self-contained series about Peter and MJ raising a family? What else would you like to see?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Finding a destination in the infinite multiverse

After reading Secret Wars #2 I think, they'll kill off this Pete ( this MJ might be mainstream MJ) and give the responsibility of the kid to our mainstream Pete who was taken to the raft.

BANNED

I'm not sure them being married alone is a big enough hook for a self-contained series. I suppose you could have them age in real or hyper-time, as in Peter's life and career finishes after a certain amount of issues, then it's about Annie finding love and a career, and her kid(s) after that, and the farther along you get the trippier and more futuristic their world gets, and then maybe aliens take over and Peter's great-great-great grandson is the Spider-Man of humanity's lone spaceship-city after it flees Earth, and then, like, Peter's great-great-great-great granddaughter becomes the Spider-God of the planet humanity eventually settles on and so forth and so on.

Well, i would happy how long RYV isnt just another twist on the knife.

That'd be weird if "Old Man Logan" stuck around in the main Marvel Universe, because then they'd have to acknowledge that the Hulk (one of the MCU's big time heroes) and cousin She-Hulk bumped uglies and made a bunch of inbred children.

BANNED

I don't want it to be self-contained, and I'm not going to follow your own personal assumption that Peter and Mary Jane won't be married in the main book.

Get either Cullen Bunn, Chris Yost, or Al Ewing as the writer. Mostly because they'd be wonderful alternatives to Slott.

AngelGroveRadioPodcast powerpackers90's Avatar

I don't think they will do that. cause if this book somehow outsold ASM. It will make Marvel look bad.
    But for argument sake, i'd say dream creative team would be JMS and JRJR reuniting again. but one I can really see doing this would be Yost and Kitson on art.
    Angel Grove Radio
    The "ALL NEW" Spider-Man's Tangled Web-Show ON YOUTUBE!!!!

BANNED

So this calls into question whether or not the Regency can be included in these plans. http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...ill-go-with-it

Mighty Member

Could the regent be a clone of ryv peter or even the original ryv peter?

BANNED

The Regent is supposedly a new character created for the purposes of the story. If they were to follow up on the Jackal's proclamation of "Spidercide 2.0" in Sibling Rivalry, then a clone would be possible, and I think the Regency being Spidercide 2.0 would count as him being a "new" character. However, the Regent sounds like a separate character from Peter, so I don't think it'd be the latter. Unless the story plays out in such a way that we're led to believe that Peter and the Regent are two separate characters, but by the end of the story, it turns out that they are one in the same. If anyone is familiar with DanganRonpa, then I could use that as a point of comparison.

Incredible Member Highland Chicken's Avatar

Slott and Ramos, and new people on ASM.