Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    Best part of preview! Though I think this takes place prior to MAC getting sent to the Shield? She was shown in a preview of Siege.
    Well Battleworld is a tricky business.
    Illyana Rasputin is ALSO in multiple titles --- which is confusing.
    Personally I hope that there is only ONE MAC, as per her origin/canon.

Quote Originally Posted by CZor View Post
    Maybe she does something in issue #1 and is sent to the Shield as punishment.....(hence why Nico is crying in other preview art we seen) instead of supposedly dying due to the Giant Shark
    Yeah, maybe happens in this issue. Sets up the conflict with Doom as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Hmm but didn't Young Avengers reveal multiple MACs? It does get a bit confusing.

No, every time they went to a new dimension, she was absent. all the OTHER characters encountered various alternate selves, but never her.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Some characters have well over 10 versions running around, for most characters it's not a big deal. The only reason it's a big deal for America is that there is supposed to be only one of her in all the multiverse (along with Rachel). Kieron Gillen has said that the America he is using in Siege and this one are the same, though, so yeah, looks like there is still just one of her, and this takes place prior to Siege.

Though, even if there were more than one of her on Battleworld, if all the characters in all the domans are just copies/constructs of some kind, then it doesn't necessarily go against what was previously established.
    Last edited by Raye; 05-14-2015 at 06:43 AM.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Bonus points for She-Hulk getting the POV dialog boxes in this preview!
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    No, every time they went to a new dimension, she was absent. all the OTHER characters encountered various alternate selves, but never her.

Some characters have well over 10 versions running around, for most characters it's not a big deal. The only reason it's a big deal for America is that there is supposed to be only one of her in all the multiverse (along with Rachel). Kieron Gillen has said that the America he is using in Siege and this one are the same, though, so yeah, looks like there is still just one of her, and this takes place prior to Siege.

Though, even if there were more than one of her on Battleworld, if all the characters in all the domans are just copies/constructs of some kind, then it doesn't necessarily go against what was previously established.
    Remember, kids--Marvel Comics is committed to attracting new readers! If you can't figure out what the heck is going on in your shiny new $4 comic book, you haven't been reading Wikipedia closely enough! Just keep saying to yourself: "It's not impenetrable, it's epic!"

Face front! And save those sheckels, because this event is gonna cost lots of them!

Quote Originally Posted by morgothsenior View Post
    Remember, kids--Marvel Comics is committed to attracting new readers! If you can't figure out what the heck is going on in your shiny new $4 comic book, you haven't been reading Wikipedia closely enough! Just keep saying to yourself: "It's not impenetrable, it's epic!"

Face front! And save those sheckels, because this event is gonna cost lots of them!
    oh come on, you're being ridiculous. I never read Wikipedia to follow what's going on. the only reason this concerns us is because we AREN'T new readers. A new reader wouldn't have a problem with this at all. Also, we're discussing like 3 whole pages (2 of which are a double page spread) of a 20 page issue, which in turn is part of a larger arc. There is plenty of room for them to explain things.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    Yeah, maybe happens in this issue. Sets up the conflict with Doom as well.

Hmm but didn't Young Avengers reveal multiple MACs? It does get a bit confusing.
    There is but ONE. And she is SHE.
    She is.. unique.

Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

The preview looks amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by morgothsenior View Post

When I was 14 I picked up an issue of Amazing X-men at a grocery store. You know, the one during Age of Apocalypse. It was issue 3. I kinda knew the characters from the cartoon.
    Was I confused? Hell yes. What did I do though? I tracked down as many AOA comics as I could. I found a comic shop to get back issues.
    This was before the internet even. Why are people so concerned about new readers being confused. They're supposed to be! And heaven forbid they *gasp* buy more things!??!

Are those the only Variants issue one is getting? I remember seeing a She-Hulk weight lifting Variant in the She-Hulk or A-Force appreciation threads. Was that just fan or what?

Fantastic Member

This looks absolutely beautiful. The vision of the island is gorgeous and the concept looks great. Really looking forward to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Xhatch View Post
    Are those the only Variants issue one is getting? I remember seeing a She-Hulk weight lifting Variant in the She-Hulk or A-Force appreciation threads. Was that just fan or what?
    That's a Midtown Comics store exclusive variant.

Quote Originally Posted by CZor View Post
    That's a Midtown Comics store exclusive variant.
    Aww dang. Not much good when I'm living in Ireland! Thanks for letting me know!

Yes this looks great! I deserve a great series like this!

BANNED

Cool to see Luke Cage taking a stroll with the family in there. I can't wait to get a more thorough explanation of why the males aren't defending Arcadia.