Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

bad animation, mediocre story, worst direct to video batman movie ever rather watch Scooby-doo meets batman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by steelmax73 View Post
    bad animation, mediocre story, worst direct to video batman movie ever rather watch Scooby-doo meets batman
    I have that DVD to...

BANNED

Worst DC movie ever.

It all started with Flashpoint........

Quote Originally Posted by Neowing View Post
    Worst DC movie ever.

It all started with Flashpoint........
    Flashpoint ruined everything

Extraordinary Member

I actually think I liked it because it deviated from the source material (which, ironically, was one of the only really readable Grant Morrison Batman stories, IMHO). The only think i really didn't like was that Slade wasn't the least bit augmented.

Ultimate Member

Talia was also portrayed really badly, and they made a point to bring up the date-rape, and then just immediately brush it aside. Also, the LOA come across like incompetent idiots. There were just so many poor story choices in this movie.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Just recently saw it, and...didn't really enjoy it as much as I would have liked. I haven't read Morrisons run of Batman and Son so I had no real ideas going in. However after watching it I just had to wonder what were they going for?

Pros: I did like the aspect of Talia being decent and loving to Damian. It didn't seem like, at least with this ending, that she was going to be out for Bruce's blood any time soon. Dick was another plus, and the Voice acting wasn't bad. The boy who Voiced Damian was okay, not perfect, but this is one of his first roles doing voice over work.

Cons: Deathstroke! What the hell was that! Seriously why was he trained by Ra's and the LOA? I could buy him being hired to kill him but Wilson wasn't someone trained by him. The way Ra's went down. LOA seemed way to ninja, they use other means of attack. Some of the scenes with Bruce and Damian seemed off, namely the "When I was six I hacked into Norad" uh-huh sure you did little boy.

Over all not the most horrible movie that I've ever seen, but certainly not up to snuff. Still wish we could have had the batman series with Damian as one of the lead characters.

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    It was a huge letdown for me, in terms of voice acting, plotting, most of the character designs, and truly stupid dialogue like Batman narrating while alone with Croc about Croc's birth name and MO and all.

Made so much worse for being released relatively close to the very good Marjorie Liu fueled Black Widow/Punisher movie.
    This was my problem as well. I LITERALLY watched it after both War (which was big dumb fun and actually better than its comic counterpart in most instances) and the Black Widow/Punisher movie (which was better than it had any right being...seriously, it was amazing and further proves that my theory to always look for anything Liu writes is warranted).

This was the worst DCAU movie I've seen...and thats even ignoring that it doesn't even remotely resemble the great Morrison story. Don't know why they even used Deathstroke here and in this role. Seriously, what the heck was that? There were just so many poorly choosen decisions. I honestly can't think of anything that I came out liking out of this movie...except for perhaps most of the scenes involving Nightwing...but not involving both Nightwing and Damian (which really bothered me as they are my absolute favourite DC duo).

Wait, I also liked that it at least takes place in the same universe as War.

The sad thing is, it truly was just a bad movie on its own. The fact that it was a bastardized version of Morrison's Batman and Son story just makes it seem even worse.

Seriously though, how did everyone else (LOA, Talia, Ras, etc) come out of this movie looking significantly weaker than they have in any other adaption while Damian was overpowered (this movie fully reminded me why I hated Damian until Batman & Robin and where most of the criticisms for the character still comes from).
    Last edited by Just Is; 06-03-2014 at 06:27 PM.
    Pulling: Spider-Gwen, All New Captain America, Ms Marvel, Secret Six, Daredevil, Uncanny X-Men, Grayson, Batman, Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-Man, A-Force, Cyborg, Starfire

-Tt-

Haters on this film seem to fall into 3 categories.

Those who just hate any thing Morrison.

Those who just hate Damian.

And those who love Morrison so much that they can't abide seeing him edited.

This movie was fun.
    Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah!

Generic condescending passive aggressive elitist statement.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ispacehead View Post
    -Tt-

This movie was fun.
    I haven't seen, even in this thread, too many people who fall into any of those categories.

People dislike this movie because it didn't entertain them, mostly. I'm glad you liked it, but for me it was just weak and poorly executed on almost every front. "Killer Croc! Let me tell you your birth name and MO! Now! Then, later, maybe you and your tail can stick around to see the awesome full-auto-arrow-cannon and virtually pointless Deathstroke! Maybe there will be cake."
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Amazing Member

I would have enjoyed it but there were too many WTF moments that just brought me out of the story. Damian seemingly being like Wolverine and recovering instantly from devastating injuries, The whole league fight at the start was just bizarre with the arrow machine gun, the man bat sub plot which really added nothing to the plot except for a glass elevator of man bats, Deathstrokes weak motivation, the really flippant attitude to rape, amongst others.
    I liked the animation, the acting was quite good, I really would've liked to see the Nightwing fight properly. It just felt like the script was rushed.
    Books I'm reading: Batman Eternal, Red Hood, Black Widow, Elektra, Loki Agent of Asgard, Green Arrow, Wonder Woman, Action Comics, Catwoman.........

All-New Member

I hated this movie. I really wanted to like it, I really did. I love the source material, I understand that changes have to be made, but thats not why I dislike it, although the majority of changes were stupid, in my opinion. I felt the voicecast of this, while being made up of talented actors, did a horrible job. To my ear, they sounded like they were sleep walking through their lines. I wasnt a fan of the animation, but I just count that as a minor nitpick.

I dont mind making changes to characters as long as they stay true to the heart of the character, and as I watched this, I kept saying to myself "thats not Deathstroke. Deathstroke wouldnt do that, " and so on and so forth. It may sound silly to be made about the actions of a fictional character, but if youre gonna add Deathstroke, he better act like Deathstroke. I kept referring to this guy as Dino (Deathstroke In Name Only).

But if you liked the movie, thats fine. I dont want my dislike of it to hamper anyone from giving it a shot. I just wanted to throw in my 2 cents, cause thats what the internets for

BANNED

I love the source material, but I NEVER attach it to a spinoff project. I judge them on their own merits.

This 'movie' was rushed and crammed together. It really had no narrative, which is odd, considering how Batman revolves around the loss of parenthood.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Gotta agree, it really did feel rushed and I wonder why? Was there some push to get it out now for some reason? It seems a bit, off to me as a whole. Then on top of that there's the issue with the use of the characters and some of the animation seemed very haphazard, like one of the worse off DCAU series episodes where it seemed like no one was sure what to do for a filler between arcs.

I really would have preferred Damian in some sort of animated series to allow for a fleshing out of character than to have it like this.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ispacehead View Post
    -Tt-

This movie was fun.
    I have to agree. I really wasn't expecting to like this thing at all. I was very pleasantly surprised.