Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Gotta agree, it really did feel rushed and I wonder why? Was there some push to get it out now for some reason? It seems a bit, off to me as a whole. Then on top of that there's the issue with the use of the characters and some of the animation seemed very haphazard, like one of the worse off DCAU series episodes where it seemed like no one was sure what to do for a filler between arcs.

I really would have preferred Damian in some sort of animated series to allow for a fleshing out of character than to have it like this.
    Maybe Batman's 75th anniversary?

I completely agree it feels rushed in terms of animation, some of the choppy movements could be from the Superfriends.

Mighty Member

I did not like it. First the characterization of Deathstroke was horrendous. And the representation of his skill set as a combatant was ridiculous. He gets trounced by Bats and then beaten by a kid. Then animations was sub par for a DC comics movie. The voice acting overall was poor. I did not care for the fight choreography. I know it is a comic book animated movie but using a sword to deflect bullets even when you don't have any superpowers. There were a few moments and I mean a few. I liked the Nightwing appearances. I did like the fact that it showed Bruce having some feelings with Talia and when he tries to connect emotionally with Damian. And the next one does not look much better. I know Batman is DC cash cow but can we get some movies that feature other heroes in the DC universe?

Astonishing Member

I like it for what it is: an introduction to Damian in animation.

He kicked but and so did Nightwing. Talia was better here than elsewhere.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post

Talia's better here than she's been in the comics since the early 2000s.

BANNED

it wasn't bad, but it could have been better...

Ultimate Member

She's an idiot and a damsel in distress for a big chunk of the movie. Yeah, it's better than the cartoony mustache-twirling supervillainess that Morrison turned her into. But that's like saying that a polished turd is better than a normal turd. Technically true, but still not particularly impressive.

Me too. You would think it was war and peace from the critique it gets.

It was a fun little adventure and stayed true enough to the essentials.

Talia was better here than elsewhere.
    I really enjoyed the portrayal of her relationship with Batman.

That moment at the beginning where she takes the shotgun from the attacking soldier made me giggle myself silly.

Was it a bit over the top? Yeah probably. But I found it to be surprisingly good.
    Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah!

Generic condescending passive aggressive elitist statement.

IvanTheTerribleNerd

I found it tolerable, far better than Justice League War but not nearly as good as some of the old titles. My biggest gripe was the seemingly weak Deathstroke, and the sub par voice for Batman. Damian's voice actor i actually had no problems with. though that can be attributed to this being the debut of the character and no previous performance to compare it against.

It was the worst animated Batman movie I have seen and I have watched them all. Nonsensical plot. Deathstroke gets crushed by everybody. Ra's is now apparently a jedi that can block bullets. Arrows beat helicopters. The list goes on and on.