Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Squadron Sinister, #1

"Secret Wars" and Guggenheim Feed "Squadron Sinister's" Power Addiction
    They're the WORLD'S GREATEST... VILLAINS. The SQUADRON SINISTER. And they're taking Battleworld by force in this Secret Wars tie-in for fans of crime epics like The Godfather, The Sopranos and Sons of Anarchy. But will controlling one Domain be enough for Hyperion and his gang?

Full article here.

Mighty Member

Glad I pre-ordered. Looks better than I expected.
    I write about the intersection of science, comics and culture. Check it out!

All-New Member

Hell yes, and it is "King Hyperion" badass!

BANNED

Think I might have to put this one on the pull list. I'm loving the Marvel MAX vibe.

Hmm, besides the fact that that Supreme Power already got killed by the Cabal, good preview.
    "Race is a social construct, they say. And I remind them that money is a social construct, too. Social constructs have power." — DeRay Mckesson

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Man, the Supreme Power guys just can't catch a break.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Double 0 View Post
    Hmm, besides the fact that that Supreme Power already got killed by the Cabal, good preview.
    It's a multiverse.

I'm expecting there to be multiple Supreme Power Squadrons.

And yeah. Marvel is really crapping on those guys.

I think Jason Aaron or Remender could potentially do a good job with those characters, but I doubt Marvel wants to take that risk.
    Last edited by Ceebiro; 05-01-2015 at 06:32 AM.

I hope that's not it for the Supreme Power team. Seems a rather quick death.

Only ever read and cared about the Supreme Power version myself, so guess there's no need to bother with this iteration of the Squadron.

Kinda annoying to see them bite the dust time after time, maybe Marvel has it in for JMS?

Fantastic Member

Yeah, this is getting to be a bit of a twisted joke. JMS' Supreme Power was a really great series and it is a shame that killing them has become a Marvel pastime. This is the second SP squad to be killed in a few months, the last one being knocked off by the Cabal.

When the SP universe met the Ultimate Universe, the SP people were easily as formidable as their Ultimate Earth opponents. Hyperion made mincemeat out of Thor, at least for a time, and Zarda later decked the Hulk. These people are not pushovers. The UU people are probably not as powerful as their Earth 616 counterparts (at least in some cases) but if the SP is so easy to knock off then the 616 people will have no problem at all with the Ultimate universe in Secret Wars.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ShaunN View Post
    Yeah, this is getting to be a bit of a twisted joke. JMS' Supreme Power was a really great series and it is a shame that killing them has become a Marvel pastime. This is the second SP squad to be killed in a few months, the last one being knocked off by the Cabal.

When the SP universe met the Ultimate Universe, the SP people were easily as formidable as their Ultimate Earth opponents. Hyperion made mincemeat out of Thor, at least for a time, and Zarda later decked the Hulk. These people are not pushovers. The UU people are probably not as powerful as their Earth 616 counterparts (at least in some cases) but if the SP is so easy to knock off then the 616 people will have no problem at all with the Ultimate universe in Secret Wars.
    Considering they mostly sent helicarriers (the only things that job more than the Wrecking Crew), yeah, 616 should have this in the bag.

BANNED

This looks awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceebiro View Post
    It's a multiverse.

I'm expecting there to be multiple Supreme Power Squadrons.

And yeah. Marvel is really crapping on those guys.

I think Jason Aaron or Remender could potentially do a good job with those characters, but I doubt Marvel wants to take that risk.
    I'd love to see the Squadron Supreme come back, but since there's already a Spectrum in the MU...... IS it me or am i getting a Michonne vibe from Warrior Woman?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by ShaunN View Post

It appears they are the latest Marvel jobbers, since Alpha Flight has been Worfed so many times that they are no longer relevant.
    Currently Reading: A handful of series that will be canceled soon.

Fantastic Member

This is the first and only title to be born from Secret Wars that I am excited about. The costume design for Nighthawk is a bit clunky, though.
    Currently Reading: A handful of series that will be canceled soon.