Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Thor #8 Spoilers

What are we supposed to think about the new Thors mission, purpose, and other importance of spoilers:
    Jane Foster
    end of spoilers being Thor. Is her mortal failings supposed to be the impetus of some idealist approach to the godhead of the Thor job? I know Odin put Odinson in a position of frailty as Don Blake to join the importance of the Avenger God with the sympathy towards the human condition. Is her story just as important as the Odinsons story? What makes hers different?

The issue itself. Odin wanted not just to reveal the new Thors identity, but to kill her and regain the Hammer so Odin could own it again, because he was jealous that an upstart could own something that belonged and was summoned by Odin, (and accomplished at the Dwarves forge). This is how that went.

spoilers:
    The Destroyer, with Cul as the operator, was battling Thor and the host of females on Odins suspects as the new Thor. The Allmother attacks Destroyer and Cul tells Odin this. Odin relingquishes his anger at Thor and orders the Destroyer to fly back to Asgardia and ends the fight. Odinson implores Thor reveal her secret identity, but she refuses. Thor flies home to Asgardia, throws away the hammer and changes into Frail, cancerous, Jane Foster, who vows to help people weak and in need, while the transformations back from Thor to Jane is deteriorating her condition. Her story continues during Secret Wars
    end of spoilers

Is it weird that I kinda agree with Odin, how can she be worthy if shes lying to the guy, by not telling him her real identity, who created the hammer.
    Last edited by Mutant God; 05-14-2015 at 01:22 PM.

I still don't even understand how Odin cannot lift the hammer. Thor I can get, he isn't worthy for whatever reason, but Odin has always been able ot lift it regardless because... it's basically his.

Anyway

I will be glad when this title goes back to trying to be a great story instead of focusing so much on "OMG GIRL THOR" "OMG GIRL POWER!"
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

i was rereading my Thor God Of Thunder OHC earlier and noticed a possible seed Jason Aaron Planted. When Modern Thor is chatting with king Thor, later in the story, not long after they first meet, King Thor asks Our Thor 'What he is at the moment' 'Avenger, Guardian of the galaxy' and then he says "are you a Cosmic God Cop yet".

From this, it seems to me, that Aaron has planned the story, in some shape or form, which he is going to tell in the upcoming 'Thor's'

What do you guys think?

at this point i don't think it matters why Odin can't lift the hammer. this isn't Odin's story. or just use the 'its magic' excuse. or, the hammer has a mind of its own. at this time, it chooses not to recognize Odin.

Incredible Member

Odin can discover when Celestials are coming from the heavens to vanquish Earth but he has trouble discovering the identity of a woman who's wielding his son's weapon? Bull crap writing. He couldn't send his crows to watch her 24/7, use the Asgardian scrying pools, or ask Heimdall?

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by whiterabbit View Post
    Odin can discover when Celestials are coming from the heavens to vanquish Earth but he has trouble discovering the identity of a woman who's wielding his son's weapon? Bull crap writing. He couldn't send his crows to watch her 24/7, use the Asgardian scrying pools, or ask Heimdall?
    The same reason secret identities still work in a world with cameras, surveillance and spies - because they have to for the story to work.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by RobinFan4880 View Post
    The same reason secret identities still work in a world with cameras, surveillance and spies - because they have to for the story to work.
    That's not an issue since SHIELD already KNOWS everyone's identity and keeps it a secret. Why can't a god send his ravens to watch Jane or learn her identity with a scrying pool?

I bet Odin can recall the power he granted onto Mjolnir, depowering it, if he needs. The problem is, Mjolnir would be depowered forever, and Odin doesn't want that.

I think Thor unconsciously meddledd with Mjolnir's magic when he was wielding the Odinpower. He changed the worthiness criteria, and that's why Mjolnir now belongs to a person Odin wouldn't consider worthy.

Quote Originally Posted by whiterabbit View Post
    Beat the hammer he enchanted? With crows?

Dude built a mousetrap that is a little too good. Not the new Thor's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    I think Thor unconsciously meddledd with Mjolnir's magic when he was wielding the Odinpower. He changed the worthiness criteria, and that's why Mjolnir now belongs to a person Odin wouldn't consider worthy.
    Odinson mentioned that what he was told was a secret. It will be interesting to see if that secret was one he was unaware of or one he could not have been aware of.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Beat the hammer he enchanted? With crows?

Dude built a mousetrap that is a little too good. Not the new Thor's fault.
    If I send a raven to watch you 24/7 everyday for the rest of your life, I can guarantee that you'll change back to a human at some point or take your mask off. Or I could just have the Asgardian scrying masters watch your movement day and night. You are aware that Odin uses ravens in the original Norse mythology and Marvel Universe that can travel the world in a day and tells him secrets of the nine realms, right?

I'm calling it bull that Thor disregarded Jane as the new Thor since she was receiving chemo therapy. I guess he forgot his mortal disguise of Donald Blake had a lame leg.

Let me guess. You have not actually read Thor 8?

Incredible Member

I'm referring to the earlier issues when Thor assumed it couldn't be Jane because of her cancer. He didn't suspect her because of chemo therapy? That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Got to read it last night, having managed to stay spoiler-free. A beautiful issue and the reveal gave me goosebumps, even if Jane was a prime suspect.

8 issues in, Thor still remains my favorite book and Aaron and Dauterman now have a lifelong fan in me.