Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

So, you haven't read Thor #8?

BANNED

I still want to know how Jane knows Dario Agger. That has to be explained.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    I still want to know how Jane knows Dario Agger. That has to be explained.
    He's the head of a company more vastly influential than even Stark Enterprises (or whatever he's calling it now), with enough clout to organize most of the country into a hate mob in a day's notice. He's pretty hard to miss.

Also she's a doctor, and any academic worth their salt should have tried to stab Dario at some point.

BANNED

Knowing him and knowing of him are two different things. Most people knew of him, Roz and Thor were the only two shown to have actually went against him. When Dario met the new Thor he asked if she knew him and she thought in her head, "yes." That would be a silly question if everyone knew him in the sense that you spoke of. No, this carried a little more personal meaning. If Jane knew him in the way that Dario had in mind, when did their meeting occur? I never saw it.

Edit: Also keep in mind that if she only knew of Dario the actual words out of her mouth would have been more accurate than what she thought in her mind.
    Last edited by Rogue Star; 05-15-2015 at 05:37 AM.

BANNED

I don't have that issue on hand so I don't remember the specifics. It is likely he had some role, however passive, in Jane's mother's death. He will eventually have a hand in the death of every human.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Eh. This is a good dropping point.

I don't appreciate everything supporting Roz yet we get a random and forced Jane who had not even a single thing that supported her or even giving her the means to get the hammer.

Feels like, to me, that Roz was the plan but Marvel insisted it to be Jane instead due to the movies and her cancer being a good excuse to have her give up the hammer later to Thor.
    Last edited by Sardorim; 05-15-2015 at 07:26 AM.

All-New Member

All of them should be dead. What happened to this regarding the powers of the Destroyer? : "Its most devastating weapon, however, is a beam fired from the armor's helmet, where a person's face would be in an ordinary suit of armor, that is capable of disintegrating practically any known substance in existence."
    Last edited by Ringled; 05-15-2015 at 07:53 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Eh. This is a good dropping point.

I don't appreciate everything supporting Roz yet we get a random and forced Jane who had not even a single thing that supported her or even giving her the means to get the hammer.

Feels like, to me, that Roz was the plan but Marvel insisted it to be Jane instead due to the movies and her cancer being a good excuse to have her give up the hammer later to Thor.
    It was always too obvious to be Roz. Jane was on Agardia when it went to the moon so everyone could watch Thor.

But mainly it fits because Aaron said it would be someone from God of Thunder, so really Roz, Jane and the little girl who said "I so choose!" were the only options

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    I don't have that issue on hand so I don't remember the specifics. It is likely he had some role, however passive, in Jane's mother's death. He will eventually have a hand in the death of every human.
    But that was not explained to us, also it still doesn't mean Jane had encountered Dario personally before. This was a clue to the identity of Thor that excluded Jane.

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    It was always too obvious to be Roz. Jane was on Agardia when it went to the moon so everyone could watch Thor.

But mainly it fits because Aaron said it would be someone from God of Thunder, so really Roz, Jane and the little girl who said "I so choose!" were the only options
    And I have a problem with this position because it wasn't just "obvious," it was the only choice given the clues that excluded Jane Foster. Now, I might be missing something, which is why I've been asking for people to help me understand where it was shown that Jane had encountered Dario before. Because in the context of the question, "Do you know me," Dario wasn't asking if Thor (Jane) knew of him but actually knew him from personal experience. If Jason Aaron explains June's claim to know Dario after she's been revealed as Thor, it comes across to me as a cheap trick to make everyone look at Rosalind. If he doesn't explain it at all, then he outright cheated. But I'm open to learning that it was indicated somewhere in the book that Jane knew Dario, not just having common public knowledge, and I missed it.

Incredible Member

Looks like Natalie Portman needs to hit the gym like Gal Gadot now. Maybe she'll be the next Sarah Michelle Gellar and Kate Beckinsale and destroy the supernatural on a regular basis.

Quote Originally Posted by whiterabbit View Post
    I'm referring to the earlier issues when Thor assumed it couldn't be Jane because of her cancer. He didn't suspect her because of chemo therapy? That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.
    why is it dumb? last time he saw her she was confined to bed and in a great deal of pain. not exactly a prime suspect for traveling to the moon and becoming Thor.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by whiterabbit View Post
    Looks like Natalie Portman needs to hit the gym like Gal Gadot now. Maybe she'll be the next Sarah Michelle Gellar and Kate Beckinsale and destroy the supernatural on a regular basis.
    Lol no! She needs to just be recast. But then again, maybe I've been too hard on her. Maybe what we really need is a director that knows what to do with the Thor characters.

Back to the comic for a moment – here's another thing that got lost in the focus on the mystery: All the emotional drama between the heroes and villains is tied up in Odinson and Agent Rosalind vs Dario and Malekith, going way back to God of Thunder. When it was revealed that Jane Foster was the new Thor the conflict between the two sides lost all of its weight. Jane came out of absolutely nowhere. She had no part in the battles in God of Thunder. She only wants to protect the Earth; there's nothing personal tying her to the villains. From here, we get a story about Jane as Thor but what about Odinson's personal beef with both Dario and Malekith. Roz Solomon might still be involved but she's either playing sidekick to Jane Foster or she's going to be pushed to the background even more. The latter would be the biggest kick to the gut after the conflict between her and Dario had been built up so much and people following that story would feel robbed of closure. Nothing would be as satisfying as seeing her get even with Dario Agger. Jane's story sounds potentially great and all but only as its own story, not as one that completely undercuts another ongoing story.
    Last edited by Rogue Star; 05-15-2015 at 01:00 PM. Reason: Quote added for context

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    why is it dumb? last time he saw her she was confined to bed and in a great deal of pain. not exactly a prime suspect for traveling to the moon and becoming Thor.
    It's dumb because Thor's spent the better half of 13 years in a mortal disguise with a lame leg and cane... but that never stopped him from being the mightiest of the Asgardian gods with Mjolnir. Beta Ray Bill was bedridden during Secret Invasion and Thor tossed him the hammer and he was empowered and fighting instantly.

You mean the dude who spent days trying to pick up a hammer that would not budge? The guy who was so far off his game it cost him an arm? That guy?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    You mean the dude who spent days trying to pick up a hammer that would not budge? The guy who was so far off his game it cost him an arm? That guy?
    No, I'm talking about Donald Blake.
    Last edited by whiterabbit; 05-16-2015 at 01:47 AM.