Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

You're talking about why it is dumb for the dude with one arm not to suspect Jane. He can't even figure out how not to get his own arm hacked off or to stop pulling a hammer he was no longer worthy of lifting.

Passable detective work won't be happening for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by whiterabbit View Post
    It's dumb because Thor's spent the better half of 13 years in a mortal disguise with a lame leg and cane... but that never stopped him from being the mightiest of the Asgardian gods with Mjolnir. Beta Ray Bill was bedridden during Secret Invasion and Thor tossed him the hammer and he was empowered and fighting instantly.
    dying of cancer and a lame leg are completely different things.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    why is it dumb? last time he saw her she was confined to bed and in a great deal of pain. not exactly a prime suspect for traveling to the moon and becoming Thor.
    It's dumb because Thor's spent the better half of 13 years in a mortal disguise with a lame leg and cane... but that never stopped him from being the mightiest of the Asgardian gods with Mjolnir. Beta Ray Bill was bedridden during Secret Invasion and Thor tossed him the hammer and he was empowered and fighting instantly.
    The only thing that I will say is "dumb" is Thor's insistence on knowing who the new Thor is and why she is worthy, when all this time he's supposed to know what made him unworthy.... Maybe he needs Fury to refresh his memory.

Ultimate Member

Well it'd help if we knew WHAT Fury said to him that suddenly made him unworthy. Because god know's that we've been dragging that one out for far too long as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Well it'd help if we knew WHAT Fury said to him that suddenly made him unworthy. Because god know's that we've been dragging that one out for far too long as well.
    at this point i don't think we'll ever know. its a non issue.

Ultimate Member

Considering that it made him instantly "unworthy" of lifting his hammer, I'd say that it's a pretty BIG issue actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Considering that it made him instantly "unworthy" of lifting his hammer, I'd say that it's a pretty BIG issue actually.
    i agree that it is a big issue. but those in charge seem to have little interest in telling us the story.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    You're talking about why it is dumb for the dude with one arm not to suspect Jane. He can't even figure out how not to get his own arm hacked off or to stop pulling a hammer he was no longer worthy of lifting.

Passable detective work won't be happening for a bit.
    No, I'm calling it dumb because he's spent over a decade in a body with a crippled leg and should be aware that a person's physical condition shouldn't determine if someone is worthy to wield mjolnir.

No, I'm calling it dumb because he's spent over a decade in a body with a crippled leg and should be aware that a person's physical condition shouldn't determine if someone is worthy to wield mjolnir.
    It is also dumb to keep trying to lift a hammer you are no longer worthy of wielding. You seem like you are refusing to accept that we are squarely in "Dumb" territory.

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    i agree that it is a big issue. but those in charge seem to have little interest in telling us the story.
    He almost let out with it in the issue. I gotta think it'll come up at some point. If Odinson isn't dead.

thordis-jane-foster.jpg

I noticed no one had posted from this What If issue...

So why isn't this one Thordis as well? Lol. I'm actually OK with Thor being Jane, and I'm curious to see how they deal with the fact that turning into Thor is accelerating her illness

For one thing, Jane was on the list of folks who came up when the "Look at all these beings who have wielded the hammer" talk started. If they had used "Thordis", the mystery would have went right out the window.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    For one thing, Jane was on the list of folks who came up when the "Look at all these beings who have wielded the hammer" talk started. If they had used "Thordis", the mystery would have went right out the window.
    Yes I know. It was a joke. More for what message boarders can call her, since at least initially there was confusion...most people now just call the previous god of thunder Odinson to avoid that confusion.
    Last edited by Biclopcicle; 05-16-2015 at 05:13 PM.

The Man Without Fear. Batman#22's Avatar

Spoilers!

I gotta admit, I did not see the ending coming. Jane Foster was not my first suspect. The first was Agent Donnavan and the second was the Axis reverted Enchantress. However I had to admit Jane Foster was the only one who made the most sense. I'm interested in seeing how he being Thor is killing her. I'm kind of annoyed with how bitter Sif is in this book. Come to think of it, I see no reason for Jane Foster to keep her secret from Thor. Thor doesn't need protection and he could even help guide Jane in some ways.
    I plan on dying tonight!!!
    (Punches himself in the nose and cause bleeding)
    ... how about you?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Batman#22 View Post
    Spoilers!

I gotta admit, I did not see the ending coming. Jane Foster was not my first suspect. The first was Agent Donnavan and the second was the Axis reverted Enchantress. However I had to admit Jane Foster was the only one who made the most sense. I'm interested in seeing how he being Thor is killing her. I'm kind of annoyed with how bitter Sif is in this book. Come to think of it, I see no reason for Jane Foster to keep her secret from Thor. Thor doesn't need protection and he could even help guide Jane in some ways.
    Please don't take offense to this question but have you been following the story since God of Thunder? Because anytime someone says that Jane was the only choice that makes sense I have to wonder how much of the story they've been keeping up with. Jane came out of nowhere. All she had in God of Thunder was a few cameos. Other than being a special person in Thor Odinson's life, she had nothing to do with the story. It was all about Odinson and Roz Solomon vs Dario and Malekith. Jane had squat to do with anything and now all of a sudden she's the only choice that makes sense? I can't see it that way. The bad part is that I wouldn't have a problem with Jane being found worthy to lift the hammer but Jason Aaron forced this. It doesn't feel organic at all and leaves me wondering if I want to continue pulling this title. What happens to Odinson and Rosalind Solomon now? Where does their story go now that they been booted out of the way?