Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Lightbulb Ideas for Secret Wars Video Game

There should be a video game adaptation to Secret Wars. You know, a video game in either an RPG format or a beat em' up game lot like DC's Injustice: Gods Among Us. If you like having Secret Wars be formatted into a video game, what kind of ideas do you have for making and designing the Secret Wars video game?
    "Steel Cannons, Large Pistols, Sound of Battle Rang, Triggers Pulled, Bullets Fly, Bang! Bang! Bang!" - Frank on the harp from Punisher Harp Zone

Follow me on Twitter @punisherharpist and like my Facebook page.

I'd be interested in an open world Skyrim-style thing, but really that's just the type of game I like to play.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I've actually been formatting a wiki entry for an Injustice style Secret Wars game with fifty characters with umpteen variants of heroes and villains across over thirty arenas based on domains on Battleworld (including merged arenas like Egyptia/Technopolis or Higher Avalon/New Mars). And like MKX's variants each version would have unique bonuses, abilities and dialogue between characters.

That said a Ultimate Alliance style game for Secret Wars would be awesome too.

I personally think the best way to capture a world this big is some sort of RPG game.

The big question is which company you could trust with a Secret Wars game. Feels like Marvel has burnt bridges with a lot of publishers these days.

With the way Marvel just keeps making Freemium games...I doubt we'll get something so grand.

It should be a RPG/ action game, mixing elements of Ultimate Alliance and games like that.

They should let you pick a certain amount of Marvel characters to include in your raft. Then the raft crashes on Battleworld and you have to navigate with all the factions there. The crashed Raft functions as your HQ.

You can make alliances with some factions, but then that means you are enemies with others. If you build a strong enough alliance, then you can add characters from that faction to your roster. You'd have to deal with hostile groups like the Ultrons or Zombies, and rival factions. And the Maker and Thanos would also try to take you out.

All of this would lead up to trying to take out Doom.

I think a game like that would have tons of potential.

I'd want a 2-D fighting game like Capcom Vs. Marvel with the ability to throw people into different Battlezones.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    I'd want a 2-D fighting game like Capcom Vs. Marvel with the ability to throw people into different Battlezones.
    Isn't that Contest of Champions?

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Isn't that Contest of Champions?
    I mean a good one. I'd also use the fighting style option from Mortal Kombat X so that each character could have like 3 variation in fighting style representing alternate version of the same character.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Hey all, this is my first post on the forum.

I like hawkeyefan's idea of forming alliances with different factions, and it got me thinking.

I'm really into the whole Battleworld structure with the different domains, so I think it would be interested in having a Civilization-style game. You could take the role of one of the Barons and their domains, and attempt to take over the rest of Battleworld. You could even introduce Marvel versions of different aspects of Civilization:

Unique units for each domain - Doombots for the Doomstadt, Sentinels for the Sentinel territories, etc.
    Government types - Democracy for what's left of the 616 universe, Monarchy in the 1602 domain, different types of dictatorships (e.g. Age of Apocalypse or House of M), etc.
    Wonders - Avengers Tower, the gladiator arena in the Planet Hulk domain, etc.

BANNED

I'd want something like Disney Infinity. Then you can get collectible figures as well as the game. Each figure puts you in a different domain and crossing borders has consequences like being exiled beyond the Shield.

Warcraft kinda game with the different areas as tribes
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    Warcraft kinda game with the different areas as tribes
    There were mod maps for that sort of thing way back in Warcraft 3 that would work well.

Strategy Games are a missed art.

(I'm Thankful you didn't say "Game of Thrones")

I'm probably not the first person to suggest that the Battleworld map would make a great setting for a RISK of Stratego board game.