Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default 6 Marvelous New Mutants We Gotta See Onscreen

With a "New Mutants" feature film now in the works at Fox, here are the six teen heroes that audiences definitely need to meet.

Full article here.

Karma, Cypher, and Warlock are on the list but not Cannonball. Way to become invalid quick.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Ultimate Member

I have no problem with Dani and Magik, the others I could care less about...Rictor's on there because he's gay...odd that I didn't notice them mentioning that about Karma...I guess it'd all depend on how far they go with the team, whether the team that becomes X-Force and the later members like Warpath and Tabitha and Shatterstar would show up...

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

I found it strange that this article mentioned Rictor's sexuality but not Karma's. It's way more likely that Karma, an attractive Asian lesbian, would have her sexuality referenced over Rictor whose history with sexuality and relationships is long and complicated.

But as for who actually ends up in the movie I'm hoping that they include some gay, lesbian or bi character, with all the current superhero movies and tv series they really need to diversify the characters. It would be fitting if the first openly gay, lesbian or bi superhero was in one of the X-Franchise movies.

Amazing Member

They're Mutants. They'll already be experiencing "real world" prejudice. I don't care if it's an all new roster, a roster with some overlap, or members drawn from the original comic roster. I just want those members to be done "right". Mystique had little in common with her book version, but she was still great. And any list without Sam Guthrie is just a personal list not a "we gotta see" list.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    I found it strange that this article mentioned Rictor's sexuality but not Karma's. It's way more likely that Karma, an attractive Asian lesbian, would have her sexuality referenced over Rictor whose history with sexuality and relationships is long and complicated.

But as for who actually ends up in the movie I'm hoping that they include some gay, lesbian or bi character, with all the current superhero movies and tv series they really need to diversify the characters. It would be fitting if the first openly gay, lesbian or bi superhero was in one of the X-Franchise movies.
    Though from what they're mentioning there the characters sexuality would be the character's main selling point or the main reason to have them show up, not sure if they'd make either Rictor or Karma a main enough character, then again if they keep the roster very small like four or 5 characters at best it wouldn't be as big of a stretch.

Amazing Member

While I acknowledge that the cast should be kept small, I can't but help throwing Magma, Wolfsbane, Cannonball and Sunspot to the list. Rictor, I care less about as he wasn't one of the founding members and also because he would be more fitting in an X-Force movie.

6 New Mutants we need on screen? In addition to their leader, Cable, we need...
    Magik
    Cannonball
    Dani Moonstar
    Warlock

I could do without the Sunspot/Magma drama, and Wolfsbane is just annoying.
    Last edited by nx01a; 05-14-2015 at 03:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Magik
    Cannonball
    Dani Moonstar
    Warlock

Co signed

10 chars
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

I'm always shocked by Karma fans. No hating on the character, but she was barely in the series. The only major roles she's had was the New Mutants vol. 3 (?) relaunch and Liu's Astonishing X-Men, with wallpaper appearances in Fractions run.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Magik
    Cannonball
    Dani Moonstar
    Warlock

Dani is the leader of the New Mutants not Cable, never got why that gun toting temporal headache is so damn popular.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    Dani is the leader of the New Mutants not Cable, never got why that gun toting temporal headache is so damn popular.
    Watch a Terminator movie

Cannonball not on this list grinds my gears. Other than that? I want an adorable scene between Magik and Colossus. Then they can go do New Mutant stuff.

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

I think the reason Canonball is not on that list is because pretty much everyone expects him to be in it anyways.

It would be nice if the film version of at least one team of X-People was the same as in the comics.

The Original Five, plus either Magik or Magma would be perfect. Cypher and Warlock could be saved for the sequel.

And NO Cable. This kind of unnecessary complication is bad enough in print, let alone foisting it upon a general moviegoing audience (K.I.S.S.).
    Top 6 Legionnaires: Wildfire, Timber Wolf, Polar Boy, Shadow Lass, Phantom Girl, Ultra Boy

Recent favorite books: Black Science, Five Ghosts, and LOW