Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Karma, Cypher, and Warlock are on the list but not Cannonball. Way to become invalid quick.
    My thought exactly.

Amazing Member

NO Douglock for me. If Cannonball's a given, I say....

Sunspot, Magik, Moonstar, Boom Boom, Warpath, Prodigy

BANNED

Nah frak Cypher his power up grinds my gears.

Warlock shouldn't be on the list, his backstory is to big for one movie. And Doug is boring without warlock, so two spots just open lol. Rictor is only good if you have boom boom, shatterstar or wolfbane. So 3 spots open, so let's make a new list

1. Dani Moonstar
    2. Cannonball
    3. Karma
    4. Magik
    5. Sunspot
    6. Wolfbane
    The dream is dead, so wake up and fight!

Cypher and his lack of an offensive power are hallmarks of the New Mutants, I think. Definitely something that would be interesting and very different for a superhero movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    6 New Mutants we need on screen? In addition to their leader, Cable, we need...
    Magik
    Cannonball
    Dani Moonstar
    Warlock

I could do without the Sunspot/Magma drama, and Wolfsbane is just annoying.
    Cable cannot exist as the old man badass without Rachel sending him to the future and Maddie to birth him, besides why would he be their initial Leader anyway?
    Last edited by Sardorim; 05-14-2015 at 07:09 PM.

6 New Mutants we need on screen? In addition to their leader, Banshee, we need...
    Cannonball
    Dani Moonstar
    Wolfsbane
    Sunspot
    Referencing First Class, Banshee becomes field leader while Moira briefs them on Muir Island. Prediction about the villian, New Mutants battle Moira's son/step-son/patient Proteus who can't control his powers.
    Last edited by Mutant God; 05-14-2015 at 07:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Cable cannot exist as the old man badass without Rachel sending him to the future and Maddie to birth him, besides why would he be their initial Leader anyway?
    Who else would be their leader/trainer? Xavier? Magneto? Emma Frost? All of those options are out the window in the current timeline, especially with Emma bring dead and the other two's contracts being up. A mysterious benefactor who saves and trains the New Mutants to be his soldiers would work perfectly for later reveals as to his history/future.

As for Warlock... How about making him a mutant whose body is composed of organic circuitry?
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Mirage- bring back her original powers, but have the manifest with the psionic bow and arrow- it’s a better visual gimmick than just generic gesturing or an eye-glow thing.

Cypher- He’s an intriguing character, and I hope they put his language skills to good use. Also computer hacking, I guess. No friendship with Kitty, who officially hasn’t shown up yet.

Warlock- My favorite member but high risk of becoming the Jar Jar Binks of the movie. I predict he will not be involved.

Karma- have her speak Vietnamese- Claremont always had her making exclamations in French, which, pragmatically, made no sense unless she grew up rich, which Xi’an did not.

Wolfsbane- Originally, Rahne was about 13. I predict she will be made older if she is used. Also, I predict that she will probably not go full-wolf, even though she should.

Cannonball- Lucas Black is too old at 32, but a college-aged version of him would be a good candidate.

Magik- her origin would have to be severely altered. There’d be no time to get into being kidnapped by Belasco for 9 years or however long it was. She’d have to simply be a few years behind Piotr in age. Of course, we don’t see teen Piotr until the first X-Men film. Of course her stepping discs allow her to move forward or backward in time and not just space—we’ll see. No friendship with Kitty, who officially hasn’t shown up yet.

Sunspot- well, we’ve seen him in the distant future, so he’s not on the table, right? Oh well.

Skids- Nice simple power to display. There could also be a teen version of Cecelia Reyes.

Rusty Collins- he can be the human torch without flying.

Shatterstar- I’m not sure how he’s handled regarding his traditional origin. Not a huge fan.

Rictor- at this point he’d be seen as biting Skye’s powers, but I guess he’s as legit as anyone else. Not a huge fan.

Magma- I would rather see her in the “quake powers” role compared to Rictor, though the Nova Roma origin angle is very top-heavy unless you make it a major part of the movie plot.

Thunderbird- it would be interesting if they made this the “original” Thunderbird, thereby legitimizing the future presence of Warpath in DOFP.

Sunspot’s non-involvement leaves no black male characters as options (yes, nitpickers, I know very well his Brazilian/Latin status) unless you also include Generation X characters like Synch, or juvenilize folks like Bishop and Shard. On that note, some of the characters might end up getting that treatment- watch out:

Sunfire- again, we’ve never seen him on film, and his tenures on the teams have been super-minimal.

I don’t have much of a frame of reference for the post-2000s and 2010s-era newer teen mutants, but I really am not that impressed with what I’ve seen. There’s some walking pink glob, a girl with a shark’s head, and a “Thing” rock-guy of some kind?

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Who else would be their leader/trainer? Xavier? Magneto? Emma Frost? All of those options are out the window in the current timeline, especially with Emma bring dead and the other two's contracts being up. A mysterious benefactor who saves and trains the New Mutants to be his soldiers would work perfectly for later reveals as to his history/future.

As for Warlock... How about making him a mutant whose body is composed of organic circuitry?
    Someone that makes sense and they could always recast. Emma also isn't dead in the new timeline.

They better adapt classic mutants from the actual book in the film, and not bring in obscure characters like Darwin and Angel like they did in XMFC.

Would love to see Dani Moonstar and Samuel Guthrie as the co-leaders, Karma as the brains of the team, Illyana Rasputin as the teleporting badass sorceress, and Amara Aquilla as the visual attraction of the film.

They pretty much ruined Sunspot in DoFP by just making him a Human Torch 2.0 and not Brazilian, so I don't want to see that version of him in this.

Someone that makes sense and they could always recast. Emma also isn't dead in the new timeline.
    This film would be the perfect opportunity to bring back Emma Frost as a rival to the New Mutants with her Massachusetts Academy Hellions. Heck they can have her be the main villain of the film, with her trying to kidnap and brainwash the students in joining her school over Xavier's.

Er... Yeah.

Er... Yeah.
    Emma was never confirmed to be dead like the others who were experimented on. Film universe Emma's fate remains unknown. For all we know she could've been captured or is MIA.

She is definitely someone that should return in the future films.

I agree that she should return in future films [just as I believe Banshee should]. I think she would be the perfect choice to form and train the New Mutants, too, but for now...
    Last edited by nx01a; 05-14-2015 at 11:15 PM.