Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

I can't imagine they wouldn't use cannonball. Besides being a decent team leader type he's got one of the best visual powers out of all of them.

Magic and Cypher/warlock? Really complicated back stories mean I can't imagine either getting in unless they were the sole focus of the plot (e.g. mutants drawn together by crashing fleeing alien child or entering hell to save a little girl). Which is a shame as they're fantastic mutants.

On a plus side I'm guessing a film will lead to a rebranded new mutants with the old team back (he hopes)

As much as I love the idea of a New Mutants' pic, I know that FOX is going to butcher it. They have no respect for their license or the source material. Even when they get it right, it's all sorts of wrong. It's a shame. I've been waiting for decades to see this property brought to life. Now I'm afraid of what will happen when it does finally come out. Damn you, FOX.

That said, I've got a rough idea of how they can make this work without screwing up (what passes for) continuity too much.

Prologue: In flashback, we're shown a battle to end all battles. Side by side with Magneto, Xavier and his X-Men face down the island that walks like a man, Krakoa. The X-Men seemingly fall in battle. All is lost. With his dying breath, Xavier compels his old frenemy Magneto to fly from the scene. Magneto watches in horror as Krakoa consumes the team and sinks to the bottom of the ocean.

Present Day: Magneto is a drunken wreck, tormented by nightmares of his friend dying. Magneto is at his lowest, self-destructive and borderline suicidal. Salvation comes in the form of Gabrielle Haller, former girlfriend of Xavier and mother of his son, David. David is a broken boy who needs help that maybe only Magneto can provide, perhaps using some variation of the Cerebro tech. If Magneto couldn't save Xavier then at least he can save his son.

Taking residence in Xavier's old mansion, Magneto uses its facilities to get David under control. Proud of himself, Magneto sits behind Xavier's old desk and marvels at his accomplishment. It's at this point that Magneto stumbles on a massive file of prospective X-Men, New Mutants. Emboldened by his newfound success, Magneto takes it on himself to carry on with Xavier's dream of mutant integration.

One by one, we meet the New Mutants, kids in need of help like David. Here's where we get the requisite rescue montage. At first, the group doesn't really get along. Though some hide it with false bravado or wide eyed enthuiasm, they're each as broken and insecure as David was at first.

It's only after a brief run in with a decomissioned Sentinel that they bond. Magneto's power isn't what it once was, due to the Krakatoa battle, and it's up to his New Mutants to save the day. Unknown to the team, the Sentinel was sent as kind of spy, relaying intel to the latest version of the Hellfire Club. The Hellfire Club sees Magneto's new team and is looking to poach them for their own nefarious purposes.

Just when the team is finally starting to get along, the Hellfire Club's Selene starts breeding discord and mistrust for Magneto. Did HE send the Sentinel? Is he trying to simply create a new Brotherhood? What's his plan? Nobody trusts him. The Hellfire Club has them where they want them. They'll trust anybody who isn't Magneto - including the "kind faces" of the inner circle. The kids all defect, leaving Magneto alone once again.

Unlike Magneto, who was adamant about not sending the kids into battle, and possibly to their deaths, the Hellfire Club starts to use them as their muscle. For a brief moment, their ranks swell as they join the Hellfire Club's other acquisitions, the Hellions. One by one, probably starting with Rahne or Sam, the New Mutants all start to realize that something is deeply wrong. They were tricked. Magneto was right.

Attempting to return to Xavier's, the New Mutants are forced to confront the Hellions on their way out. All of their hard work and training from Magneto works to their benefit as they easily hand the Hellions their @$$es. Unfortunately, the way out is not that easy. Selene manages to exploit David's weakness and fractured psyche, using him as a living weapon. The New Mutants have only two options, stay or die.

Magneto shows up in the nick of time, taking on Selene himself and leaving the New Mutants to face David, now Legion. Punch. Bite. Attempted possession. They slowly wear him down. In the end, in a moment of lucidity, it's David who ends up taking himself out of the picture and putting himself into a self-induced coma.

Beaten, but not broken, the team (and Magneto) limps home back Xavier's.

Epilogue 1: Having walked through fire, the New Mutants are that much stronger. They're a team. They have proven themselves. They now see themselves as X-Men. Magneto laughs. X-Men? Not yet. Maybe one day. After some more training. Who knows what the future will bring? There's an even more dangerous world out there.

Epilogue 2: The camera fades in to a very bright light. Somebody is coming to. It's Xavier. He's alive. ... ON A SPACE SHIP!!!! Cut to credits.
    A premise like this gives Fassbender another chance to shine, as well as bridging the two series. It gives a spotlight to the newbies. It also brings back the Hellfire Club in a way that keeps them from having to tackle the Emma Frost issue. Plus, we get to see an early take on Legion and the Hellions.

This also sets up for a sequel that's much bigger in scope. Shiar. Warlock. Deathbird. Magus. Stuff like that. Bringing in Magik, the team's teleporter, would also help the story bridge the gap between Earth and space.

My dream lineup for a first movie...

ADULTS
    - A semi-reformed Magneto acting as the new Xavier
    - Selene

CORE NEW MUTANTS
    - Rahne
    - Dani
    - Sam
    - Bobby
    - Shan

HELLIONS
    - Tarot
    - Empath
    - Catseye
    - Jetstream
    - Thunderbird (Jimmy)

ETC
    - David Haller (Legion)

I want to see Dani Moonstar as the leader. With most of the movies having females as love interests and side characters it would be nice to see a female character be the main character/leader, and Dani was very much that originally.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Someone that makes sense and they could always recast. Emma also isn't dead in the new timeline.
    Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    This film would be the perfect opportunity to bring back Emma Frost as a rival to the New Mutants with her Massachusetts Academy Hellions. Heck they can have her be the main villain of the film, with her trying to kidnap and brainwash the students in joining her school over Xavier's.
    You guys... Emma Frost AND Banshee are dead in the films. Everything that happened in the past continuity (of the film) still happened. They died BEFORE Wolverine went back in time. Of course they could easily write them back somehow. I was hoping the four horseman would have been them but with Warren in the film that likely won't happen.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Good list.

Spectacular Member

Like i said in a other thread i think you guys are setting yourself up for disappointment.Fox approach to the Xmen has been pretty much put together who they like and not really follow comic story

Xmen 1
    Team-Cyclops,Jean Grey,Storm,Wolverine,Iceman,Rogue
    Storyline-None

Xmen2
    Team-Cyclops,Jean Grey,Storm,Wolverine,Iceman,Rogue-Nightcrawler,Pyro
    Storyline-God Loves, Man Kills

Xmen 3
    Team-Cyclops,Jean Grey,Storm,Wolverine,Iceman,Beast,Kitty ,Angel,Colossus,Rogue
    Storyline-Dark Phoenix saga, Gifted

Xmen First Class
    Team-Professor X,Magneto,Mystique,Beast,Banshee,Havok,Darwin,Ange l Savaldore,
    Storyline-None

Xmen Dofp
    Team Professor X,Beast,Wolverine,Quicksilver Rogue,Magneto,Storm,Bishop,Sunspot,Blink,Warpath,I ceman,Kitty Pryde,Bishop
    Storyline-Dofp

All of this to say for the Xmen they are two popular "first" teams Cyclops, Jean grey, Iceman, Beast, Angel and Wolverine,Storm, Banshee, Colossus, Nightcrawler which Fox never used.Also Jim Lee era Cyclops, Pyslocke, Beast, Wolverine(Jubilee), Rogue, Gambit and Storm, Iceman, Jean grey, Angel, Bishop,Colossus never used( a little part of me died typing this).I want to get hype for New Mutants and think that they will stick to comics and a team but when have done that? They only value Xmen properties as pool of character to pull from i will be shocked if New Mutants is Canonball, Mirage, Sunspot, Karma, and Wolfsbane or some of those guys mix and match Magik, Magma, Warlock, Cypher.If the mix and match pool extends to Boom Boom, Rictor, Shatterstar,and Warpath i guess that is fine but except it to go completely left with GenX and pretty much teen mutant being in play.
    Last edited by Luck911; 05-15-2015 at 03:11 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by juggalord View Post
    My dream lineup for a first movie...

ADULTS
    - A semi-reformed Magneto acting as the new Xavier
    - Selene

CORE NEW MUTANTS
    - Rahne
    - Dani
    - Sam
    - Bobby
    - Shan

HELLIONS
    - Tarot
    - Empath
    - Catseye
    - Jetstream
    - Thunderbird (Jimmy)

ETC
    - David Haller (Legion)
    I'd actually prefer a different group of Hellions, as the ones we had, minus Catseye and Empath, were kinda dull, and sometimes felt a little too much like a clone of the New Mutants themselves (none so much as Jetstream and Catseye, who paralleled Sam and Rahne perhaps a bit too much, but even Tarot and Dani had some similarities in theme, as did Empath and Shan, and Thunderbird II and 'Berto).

While it would throw continuity into a tailspin (which really wouldn't be much different than any other X movie, or Avengers movie, or FF movie...), a Hellions group made up of people like Hellion, Dust, Rockslide, Surge, Anole, etc. might present a much less 'New Mutants fight their Mirror Universe selves with beards' tone.

On the other hand, introducing five new characters is already going to be a wild ride. Two entire teams of new mutants might just prove unsatisfying all the way around.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I believe the best awesome special effects could be made with Magma!!!

Also, since Sunspot/Blink/Warpath were allready in the last X-men film, they could be in it as the connection between the X-Men and the spin-off.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Amazing Member

As a kid, I loved the New Mutants from the graphic novel until the Secret Wars II crossover, who got freaked out by the Bill Sienkiewicz art when he started (I later learned to appreciate those issues), and thought that X-Force ruined every character, I see no problem with the original team. It's a racially diverse team, a 3 to 2 female to male ratio, visually interesting powers, and each character had a distinct personality. The first 21 issues would be a great template for movie series. Magma, Magik, Warlock and Cypher could eventually be added if the cast needed more members. I'd be fine with no Boom Boom, Rusty, Skids, or Rictor. The original cast is just fine thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    You guys... Emma Frost AND Banshee are dead in the films. Everything that happened in the past continuity (of the film) still happened. They died BEFORE Wolverine went back in time. Of course they could easily write them back somehow. I was hoping the four horseman would have been them but with Warren in the film that likely won't happen.
    I didn't see Banshee's body so therefore, in my mind, hes not dead, but if not him then Havok.

All-New Member

http://i940.photobucket.com/albums/a...06-060-061.jpg

This line up haven't been seen before in comic!!! Hope Fox can make it true in the movie~
    And I'm ok if they change Cable to Moonstar

Ultimate Member

We didn't see Emma's body either for that matter.

No Cable equals box office fail. Mainstream audiences aren't going to care about these D-list teen X-characters. Get real, people.

Put Cable in it and make him badass, movie does well, New Mutants fans get a sequel with their favorite characters on screen again. Everyone wins.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    No Cable equals box office fail. Mainstream audiences aren't going to care about these D-list teen X-characters. Get real, people.
    Cable is c list at best so what is he going to bring. Look at guardians they were dlist before their film and that came out great. The kids and prof will do fine.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    6 New Mutants we need on screen? In addition to their leader, Cable, we need...
    Magik
    Cannonball
    Dani Moonstar
    Warlock

I could do without the Sunspot/Magma drama, and Wolfsbane is just annoying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perfection/Emma 2 View Post
    Co signed

10 chars
    Double co-signed.