Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Jem and the Holograms, #3

Hot off their video win, Jem and the Holograms perform at the Starlight Foundation's annual fundraiser-but the Misfits, anxious the Holograms' overnight success, plan to bring them down.

Full article here.

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Jerrica's boots! *swoon*

Art, as always, is KILLER.

BANNED

Can Aja get some real story parts other than discussing what Jerrica is doing? It's like Archie's international friends who have no stories of their own except discussing Archie.

Did Aja ever have subplots of her own even on the show? I remember her getting locked in the luggage compartment of a moving bus one time and getting spraygunned another time... and that's it. Shame, she had the coolest hair color.

BANNED

Yes, and this is a "modernization" of a great "dated" show, so it "should" be better.

Trust me, I'm on your side. It's incredibly frustrating when a character of color is depicted as just an accessory to a white character, especially in a series like this that is and was always a love letter to diversity, progress and femininity. Ms. Thompson, if you happen to be reading this, please give Aja her own subplots!

BANNED

I'm really bummed with the movie and comic. They have 65 episodes to cherry pick stuff from and see what worked and what was not so good. Not denying Jem didn't have it's fair share of crap episodes like the Ski Resort one, but this is 30 years later. Everything homaging it should be superior. Instead, both teams are trying to reinvent the wheel badly.

Of course the artist is doing professional work, I can't argue that and probably better than most who animated on the show, but they all look like lil kids. That's not Jem, it's like human My Little Ponies and it's not even on par with the average episodes of the show's writing.