Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default "Mind MGMT" Ends, "Buffy/Angel" Crossover Continues in Dark Horse Comics' August 2015 Solicitations

Matt Kindt brings his saga to a close in "New MGMT," the "Buffy Season 10" crossover heats up, "Adam.3" and "King Tiger" debut and more in August.

Full article here.

A Buffy/Angel crossover? Nice, I thought this must be coming, with Spike and Angel having similar nightmares.

Why is the Big Guy and Rusty collection the "Second Edition"? Also, I'll really really miss Mind MGMT.
    currently reading: Dept. H, Hellboy in Hell, Kaijumax, Moon Knight

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

What the hell, they just put Buffy up to $4! That sucks but, eh, I'm enjoying it way too much to drop it.

I do appreciate that the Buffy/ Angel crossover is limited to the Buffy book alone though. That was a cool move.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

"Is this the end of the Eltingville Club?" Shit, I hope so, I've been waiting for this last issue for god knows how long.

Spectacular Member

More importantly, Hellboy in Hell is back!

Incredible Member

I will be getting::

Mind MGMT
    Rebels
    Past Aways

I may get:

Adam.3
    The Tomorrows

King Tiger's a definite buy.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ishmael View Post
    King Tiger's a definite buy.
    Is this a standalone book or do I need to be versed in PBS to get and understand this book?

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wwise03 View Post
    Is this a standalone book or do I need to be versed in PBS to get and understand this book?
    I don't think you have to be. This King Tiger was never really fully connected to PBS.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Quote Originally Posted by davewire View Post
    More importantly, Hellboy in Hell is back!
    Hell yes!!
    TOP FIVE PULLS AMAZING SPIDER-MAN, HULK, NICE HOUSE, NIGHTWING, SAGA

Battle Through Time Samurai Jack's Avatar

It's too bad Lady Killer is no longer being solicited. I enjoyed the final issue that came out this week and would definitely be interested in reading more as an ongoing comic.

Aside from that, I'm looking forward to the How to Pass as Human HC and The Complete Love Hurts TP books, especially the former as Alex + Ada is one of my favorite comics. With Alex + Ada unfortunately ending, a new android romance story would be great!
    Last edited by Samurai Jack; 05-14-2015 at 09:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post
    A Buffy/Angel crossover? Nice, I thought this must be coming, with Spike and Angel having similar nightmares.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    I do appreciate that the Buffy/ Angel crossover is limited to the Buffy book alone though. That was a cool move.
    But it's not a crossover, it's a team-up. And the team-up is ripping away a main character from A&F. It's hardly even a big deal. After Season 9 they had a chance to put Buffy and A&F on the same playing field. Now it just feels like Buffy is the main book and A&F is just the side book. Personally, I want a huge event that ties into both books, spins off into a few mini-series (Am I the only one dying for Dark Horse to bring Brian Lynch over to do a Spike series? Why hasn't anyone thought of that yet!?), and Joss the boss writes the main mini-series himself. That would be awesome! And would really solidify the Buffyverse license (as well as the Whedonverse, as a whole) as a force to be reckoned with along with the likes of Hellboy, Star Wars, AvP, TMNT, and Predator.

But maybe that's just wishful thinking... Either way, I'm pretty happy with both books right now and, contrary to my little rant, I'm ridiculously excited for this "crossover" (even if it is just a team-up).
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers

Spectacular Member

It's not so much no one has thought hey let's get Brian Lynch as he just doesn't want to do it even if they wanted to get him. https://mobile.twitter.com/brianlync...07988486172672

I like the way this team up is letting Faith get the spot light back a bit after Angel got that solo issue earlier, I have enjoyed A&F the most of the two books this season amd I really like how they did it where they have the different stories for each of them that still sort of intertwine going on,it really le's them explore the characters and their relationships in a different way than last season. Faith has always been one of if not my favorite character so I like that she is getting this headlining a book.

Also looks like I predicted right when I thought they'd come out with a nice hardcover of fire and stone, glad I waited.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    What the hell, they just put Buffy up to $4! That sucks but, eh, I'm enjoying it way too much to drop it.
    That does suck! Those are the only two Dark Horse books I buy any more, and I was thinking about dropping them. Now I will be thinking even more!

Most of the Dark Horse stuff doesn't excite me at all, especially with the 3.99 prices (though Sundowners was awesome and I'm sad it failed - as a monthly at least.) Resident Alien is pretty good, too.

And I will buy Eltingville Club #2. Too ya long enough, Dorkin.