Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Has anyone been reading the Prometheus: The Complete Fire and Stone books? I like to dip in and out of the Aliens universe and wanted to know what people though about the books in this collection?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Jack View Post
    It's too bad Lady Killer is no longer being solicited. I enjoyed the final issue that came out this week and would definitely be interested in reading more as an ongoing
    Amen to that! Lady Killer was the best creator-owned book Dark Horse has published this side of Mind MGMT. We need to see more of it. I wonder how it sold.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheFerg714 View Post
    But it's not a crossover, it's a team-up. And the team-up is ripping away a main character from A&F. It's hardly even a big deal. After Season 9 they had a chance to put Buffy and A&F on the same playing field. Now it just feels like Buffy is the main book and A&F is just the side book. Personally, I want a huge event that ties into both books, spins off into a few mini-series (Am I the only one dying for Dark Horse to bring Brian Lynch over to do a Spike series? Why hasn't anyone thought of that yet!?), and Joss the boss writes the main mini-series himself. That would be awesome! And would really solidify the Buffyverse license (as well as the Whedonverse, as a whole) as a force to be reckoned with along with the likes of Hellboy, Star Wars, AvP, TMNT, and Predator.

But maybe that's just wishful thinking... Either way, I'm pretty happy with both books right now and, contrary to my little rant, I'm ridiculously excited for this "crossover" (even if it is just a team-up).
    Honestly, I'd rather they keep it contained. They expanded the Buffyverse quite a bit last season and the main book suffered badly for it. I gave up on Angel and Faith early on this season but, so far, this is easily the best that Buffy the Vampire Slayer has been since they started these post-show seasons. And the fact that it isn't sharing its focus with three other books is a huge part of that.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by wwise03 View Post
    Amen to that! Lady Killer was the best creator-owned book Dark Horse has published this side of Mind MGMT. We need to see more of it. I wonder how it sold.
    199 Lady Killer 1 $3.50 Dark Horse 8,431
    245 Lady Killer 2 $3.50 Dark Horse 6,804
    195 Lady Killer 3 $3.50 Dark Horse 9,594

Comichron numbers

Note that #1 and 2 both got several re prints

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blastermaster View Post
    199 Lady Killer 1 $3.50 Dark Horse 8,431
    245 Lady Killer 2 $3.50 Dark Horse 6,804
    195 Lady Killer 3 $3.50 Dark Horse 9,594

Comichron numbers

Note that #1 and 2 both got several re prints

Those have to be considered good numbers for a $4 creator-owned series. There are $3 books at Image that don't sell that well and still get made.

Big Guy and Rusty HC is all for me.

I am glad Eltingville is finally wrapping. I think I still have a preorder of the hc collection that was solicited last year. Dorkin is one of my faves but he needs to be a bit quicker.
    Co-host of Get Valiant, a Valiant Comics podcast.

Fantastic Member Brave Sir Robin's Avatar

It was bound to happen and the book was wrapping up, but I am sad that Mind Mgnt is ending. It has been a completely amazing ride. I don't know when something that amazing will be out again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    Honestly, I'd rather they keep it contained. They expanded the Buffyverse quite a bit last season and the main book suffered badly for it. I gave up on Angel and Faith early on this season but, so far, this is easily the best that Buffy the Vampire Slayer has been since they started these post-show seasons. And the fact that it isn't sharing its focus with three other books is a huge part of that.
    Well... I disagree lol. I don't think it got "too big" last season, the problem was just the main series. Angel & Faith was completely awesome, Willow was really good, and Spike was meh, but Buffy is the one that dropped the ball hard. That's not the fault of expansion, it's just bad writing. And to your point of Buffy not sharing it's focus this season.. I actually think that's a wholly bad thing. The entire point of "lines" of comics, is so a reader can either read absolutely everything, or pick and choose their favorites. That fact that Buffy is doing good this season, and not A&F is not a good thing, in any sense of the word. They had a chance to keep A&F going strong from the momentum of Season 9, but instead they just switched the quality to Buffy, and away from A&F. Again.. I'm really enjoying everything that's coming out right now, but it could be so much more.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by wwise03 View Post
    Those have to be considered good numbers for a $4 creator-owned series. There are $3 books at Image that don't sell that well and still get made.
    Those are excellent numbers, and the bump from #2 to #3 is pretty impressive. And like I said the re-print numbers don't seem to be on Comichron.

Jones said that she was having a blast making the series and with those numbers chances are pretty good that Dark Horse probably wants her to do another.

Ones I am getting as soon as they come out:

Adam.3 #1 (of 5)
    Conan the Avenger #17

Ones I am probably getting later when I can afford to:

Golden Age stuff:

Bob Powell's Complete Jet Powers HC
    Crime Does Not Pay Archives Volume 10 HC
    The EC Archives: The Haunt of Fear Volume 2 HC
    Edgar Rice Burroughs' Tarzan: The Sunday Comics, 1935–1937 HC

Warren stuff:

Eerie Archives Volume 20 HC

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ishmael View Post
    King Tiger's a definite buy.
    If you didn't get the Blackout mini with the King Tiger backup material you might want to wait for the trade. You can bet they're going to include it there. Which is what I'll need to do since I trade waited Blackout and it wasn't part of it.

Amazing Member

Abe Sapien #25
    Baltimore: The Cult of the Red King #4 (of 5)
    B.P.R.D. Hell on Earth #134
    The Eltingville Club #2
    Grindhouse: Drive In, Bleed Out #8
    Harrow County #4
    Hellboy in Hell #7
    NEW MGMT #1
    Past Aways #6
    Rebels #5
    The Tomorrows #2 (of 6)
    This Damned Band #1 (of 6)
    Two Brothers HC