Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Rumor: The X-men's Fate After Secret Wars

Earlier today, Bleeding Cool released an article that hinted at what would happen to the X-men after Secret Wars. And no, they're not being canceled or retconned out of existence. They're still going to be a part of the 616 Marvel universe. Axel Alonso has already confirmed that. However, if this rumor is true, that role won't be on the same planet.

This would be a pretty extreme, but creative way to separate mutants from Inhumans. By making it so mutants can't live on Earth anymore, it creates a whole new set of challenges for the X-men to overcome. And as it turns out, there may already be a world for them to inhabit. In Uncanny Avengers, Remender established Counter-Earth. It's basically a carbon copy of Earth, but it's always on the opposite side of the sun. It has the same atmosphere, climate, etc. It would be a perfect place for mutants to relocate if someone could take care of the High Evolutionary.

I can see this upsetting some and I know it's going to feed into the conspiracy theories that Marvel wants to spite the X-men over the movie rights. However, I really like this idea. I think it establishes a very different dynamic for the X-men to deal with. They're still in the same universe. They can still interact with the Avengers. They can still participate in crossovers. They're not completely isolated, but they can essentially function on their own. I have a feeling this is going to seriously divide many X-men fans, but I'm going to try and be a bit more optimistic if this turns out to be true. The X-men have already gone on a number of space adventured. This just seems like a logical step.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

tin foil hat is firmly in place.

tbf though, how do they fight for peace and equality if they're on their own planet? If they essentially fulfill the Apocalypse Twins goal but use Counter-Earth as their Planet X....what's the status quo like? Where's the conflict and need for superheroing? Do the X-Men just become the Avengers of an all mutant planet?
    X-Poster of the Month: April 2013

I don't mind this idea, but I do question if editorial would approve of something as thinly-veiled as the Inhumans literally making Earth uninhabitable for mutants. It's very on the nose.

...although, if it turns out to be Remender's idea, that would not surprise me one jot.
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

BANNED

Weren't the ladies in Uncanny X-Men #16 in Paris during the T-Gen event? Why didn't they die? Why weren't there scores of dead mutants in the streets of New York during Inhumanity? Why is Quicksilver even alive?

I feel like Mr. Johnston is reaching in this one.

So its like the "Why don't you go back to Africa" except another planet being the answer.

Well that sounds like a trainwreck. Secret Wars itself is already treading dangerous waters. You take out earth or a relatable world and you kill interest. I can't imagine that x-men/mutants whose entire backstory is about fitting in with the human race, is going to exist somewhere else.

Aren't some x-folks part of that Avengers A-team though? Granted we don't know post Secret-Wars, but if that mist kills mutants, that makes it pretty much impossible for any them to hang around at all.

I don't buy it.

Besides, can you imagine the shitstorm of Marvel throwing their "persecuted" brand off onto their own little planet, not allowed to play with others? The internet would explode.

BANNED

Inhumans LITERALLY killing the X-Men, so take them away from Earth, where their whole interaction with humans was their whole appeal

great

Quote Originally Posted by AgentFelix View Post
    tbf though, how do they fight for peace and equality if they're on their own planet? If they essentially fulfill the Apocalypse Twins goal but use Counter-Earth as their Planet X....what's the status quo like? Where's the conflict and need for superheroing? Do the X-Men just become the Avengers of an all mutant planet?
    Right? I really hope this isn't true because the X-men concept without humans doesn't make any sense.
    This makes the last rumor about the X-men having it's own continuity away from Avengers and Inhumans much more acceptable :/

Quote Originally Posted by AgentFelix View Post
    This basically...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    Weren't the ladies in Uncanny X-Men #16 in Paris during the T-Gen event? Why didn't they die? Why weren't there scores of dead mutants in the streets of New York during Inhumanity? Why is Quicksilver even alive?

I feel like Mr. Johnston is reaching in this one.
    He's not a mutant.

BANNED

I guess Marvel got tired of the whole 'protecting a world that hates and fears them' thing.

Honestly I'd be really okay if this happened, mainly because the X-men already have a lot if ties to the universe and cosmic stuff in general, such as the Shi'ar, the brood, the Phoenix, the Guardians of the galaxy(which Star-Lord is marrying Kitty Pryde), and the Star Jammers. So them having their own planet would be fine in my book.

As for the reason for them leaving, given that we've seen former mutants suffer from the use of terrigenesis from Peter David's X-factor so it wouldn't be to much of a stretch to say it could kill them in large doses.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Emma's Midriff View Post
    He's not a mutant.
    Where did that happen? And his does that apply to any of the others?

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    Where did that happen? And his does that apply to any of the others?
    AXIS. RR did it.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.