Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Guardians of the Galaxy, #27

• Guardians no more?
    • Following the Black Vortex, the Guardians have come into conflict with one another more and more.
    • With rifts forming between them, will their friendship and history be enough to hold the team together?

Full article here.

Is there any planet which the Chitauri haven't bled on by this point?

Kinda renders Thano's declarative, "I will bathe the starways in your blood!" ineffectual if the cannonfodder-tauri have bled there first.
    I've seen things you posters wouldn't believe. Ad-spammers aflame off the shoulder of
    rec.arts.sf.written. I watched cancel posts glitter in the ether near the usenet gateway.
    All those moments will be lost in time... like beer in the rain. Time to unsubscribe.

Have the Chitaruri appeared anywhere other than Nova and New Guardians in the 616?

Cause this movie bleed in just gets annoying.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Movie aping in a Bendy GotG book?!
    Say it isn't so!

As usual the artwork is amazing though... of course, that's how I know to beware the terrible story because that's been the case since issue #1 with this vol.
    So yeah, I'll probably have to pass again.

If James Gunn's movie was the film that was inspired by the Giffen/DnA GotG run, then this current series has just been the direct to DVD sequel to that film.
    It's like when a studio cant get the original cast back for a film sequel so they have to swap out all of the original creative and acting talent and replace them with a bunch of wannabees and lookalikes.
    No actual desire here to tell a cosmic story featuring these characters as they originally were.
    Nope this was just a vehicle to ride the hype train to some easy cash without actually understanding or staying true to the original.
    It's a copy of a copy, and just like something that's been xeroxed over and over the quality has definitely suffered.

Also, have they ever actually explained why they added Richie's NOVA Prime Logo over Star Lord's flame as the new GotG logo?
    Maybe I missed it but that would have been a nice way to tribute Rider (who was tight with most everybody on the team).
    They aren't sponsored by the Nova Corps in the comics like they are in the movie so without some kind of in story reason
    it's all very arbitrary and pointless movie aping....guess I just answered my own question there. >_<

Yeah nothing is explained or makes sense in this series. I had quit the series after #20 and recently checked out #26 and am glad I stopped buying as #26 was absolutely horrible. Everyone is just a parody of the movie. It reads as very bad fan fiction.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

This is has wildly varying reviews online:
    http://www.comicvine.com/forums/guar...xy-27-1674065/
    http://ca.ign.com/articles/2015/05/2...laxy-27-review

My problem with this issue -besides Kindrun seeming lame- is: Where Is Lockheed?! He should totally be together with Kitty again. This is so his element. Is it because he might upstage Rocket as the lovable one? They could have a great confrontational dynamic bringing the fun.

The book feels like it's vaguely divorced from itself lately, in part because it's gotten so wrapped up in crossovers. I am only reading GOTG right now and not picking up the side books like Star-Lord or Guardians Team-Up. (I did get the Black Vortex issues.) However, it's getting difficult to read this book on its own because it's now so interlinked with the other titles. This issue didn't even end on any kind of Secret Wars lead-in, but just a question mark as to Peter and Kitty's future. But that's all on pause now, because Guardians of Knowhere takes over next month.

I hope that when it comes back in September, it's purely its own book with no ongoing crossovers or frequent guest-stars (Venom, Carol, Tony, etc.). Strip the team back to its film roster and get back on track.

For all those wondering, it's pretty simple, really.

The answer is: BENDIS!

The rest is history.