Super Moderator

Default "Star Wars" Tops April Sales Chart, DC's "Convergence" Dominates Top Ten

Aside from a lone issue of "Batman," Diamond's top ten in April consisted solely of "Convergence" and "Star Wars" titles.

Full article here.

Spectacular Member

I swear... I've heard more doom and gloom from retailers about the "doom and gloom" sales of Convergence... I was not expecting these figures.

Quote Originally Posted by gbryantlucas View Post
    I swear... I've heard more doom and gloom from retailers about the "doom and gloom" sales of Convergence... I was not expecting these figures.
    That's what the retailers ordered.

If they did not manage to sell them to the readers it would perhaps explain the doom and gloom.

Mistermind

Quote Originally Posted by gbryantlucas View Post
    I wouldn't be worried about Convergence selling well. I would be a lot more worried about the 40 two-issue tie-ins not selling.

My store has a separate box, rack, and area for Convergence stuff.

Its nice for people that want to get them. Easy to find. It's also nice for people (like me) who want to avoid it.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

According to something I read elsewhere, the main Convergence series was fully returnable for retailers and they received a discount if they matched their Batman 31 numbers. Naturally, this would cause retailers to order high. The tie-in books were not returnable, although they did get discounts for matching Superman 34 numbers.

BANNED

Wow! Star Wars is the most popular brand from Marvel. Not Avengers nor X-men anymore.

BANNED

I think it's a huge disappointment that Convergence didn't take the top spot, especially when you think that the top spot book (Star Wars) is just a regular issue (#4) , not a debut.

Incredible Member

The new Star Wars trailer hit in April so that may also have helped the SW book sales.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    The new Star Wars trailer hit in April so that may also have helped the SW book sales.
    Oh I see. I forgot about that.

Cos the Star Wars #3 only sold 161,226 copies. So yeah, Star Wars #4 might have sold more.

Kinda interesting to see a top ten with so few titles that would have been recognizable months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Wow! Star Wars is the most popular brand from Marvel. Not Avengers nor X-men anymore.
    Right now, we're looking at Star Wars sales four months into the relaunch when the line is limited, and generally has A-list talent on each book. It's rather top-heavy, and sales are unlikely to be as high in the future.

An advantage of the X-books and Avengers titles is the amount of content Marvel can publish. Although it is interesting to imagine what would happen if Marvel had limited of one X-book a week.

Quote Originally Posted by yet another View Post
    That's what the retailers ordered.

If they did not manage to sell them to the readers it would perhaps explain the doom and gloom.
    Also, the sales of the main book aren't necessarily going to mean anything about the sales of the tie-ins.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets