I think the Zone, since it is the ultimate non-capital punishment, should be reserved for the worst of the worst... the kind of people that you would have an immensely hard time rehabilitating.

As such, I just got the idea... what if there was a story where Superman decided it was time he started using the Zone more actively? He does really have some villains that are unbelievably heinous, and really do belong there.

So, what would the list be like? What villains can't you really put in regular prisons, and may take centuries to even figure out a way to even remotely rehabilitate them? Who are DANGEROUS and immoral enough, to end up there?

I'll start with the obvious ones, since then it will get interesting.

1 Doomsday ( no sh*t! This guy lives only to destroy - it's implied in his first appearances that he isn't actually mindless... he just enjoys killing and hurting people so much, that he sees no need to speak.)
2 Cyborg Superman ( suicidal mass-murderer)
3 DARKSEID (! He's the embodiment of evil... literally. )
4 Desaad ( god of torture, and all)
5 Massacre ( mass-murdering maniac, wanted throughout the whole galaxy)
6 Lobo ( killed his entire race through a parasitic plague )
7 Brainiac ( the more modern versions are mass-murderers, before they shrink cities. And he's obviously far too powerful to be held by any human prison.)
8 Mongul ( had to think about this one for a while, but yeah, he's bad enough)

Didn't include Satanus, since, well, he's in H*ll. Supposedly, that's where he belongs. Probably a better idea to have him chained there, so he can't come to Earth and make trouble.

So... who else, deserves to end up in the Phantom Zone? And do you agree that the enemies I picked out, are heinous and dangerous enough, to warrant a de-materialization?