Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Future events for Secret Wars (*potential spoilers*)

OK, after reading the events of the first issues of "Secret Wars", I think I have discovered several things about the future events. First of all, I have to say that it doesn't surprise me Dr Doom has caused all this; considering what he did back in the original Secret Wars. But this jerk's ego, well, I simply can't believe how despicable he is: turning himself into a God, stealing Reed Richards' family as his own, manipulating the survivors of an entire Multiverse... etc. He really is Marvel's top villain. He's maybe not the evilest, but he's truly the BEST being evil. Well, it's obvious that this can't stay just like this; so Doom will have to be defeated at the end.

Anyway, I have been checking several things and I have a conclusion. I believe the climax of this story will be basically a three gangs' battle between the main players:

1º) VICTOR VON DOOM: Surely, Doom won't allow that nobody will undoes the world he have created and where he reigns a "Supreme God". I pressume his "gang" will be formed for those who are royal to him. Surely, it will be formed by villains loyal to him; and heroes who have been brainwashed (like Richards' family) too. I assume these characters will change sides in the last moment and they will become the key ingredient of Doom's defeat. I think something similar happened in the original Secret Wars, when the Beyonder hid inside of Klaw.

2º) THE CABAL: Since there's nothing else in the multiverse, I highly doubt the Cabal will simply want to destroy Battleworld. I bet their goal will be found a way to take Doom's power and turn it their own. With that, I'm pretty sure they will travel secretly through all the dominions looking for potential allies and resources. They will surely recruit villains whose power-hunger will be similar to theirs and they can be useful against Doom. I'm sure they will find what they need in places like Limbo ("Inferno"), Domain of Apocalypse ("Age of Apocalypse"), Greenland ("Planet Hulk") and the Hydra Empire. I suspect they could even try to use the most dangerous zones of Battleworld as weapons against Doom. Thanos could meet his counterpart in New Xandar and take the Infinity Stones to control Annihiliation Wade; and the Maker (Ultimate Reed Richards) already knows the Marvel Zombies. Truth is, if these villains can control these areas, they will have a great chance to defeat Doom. I suspect they could be related with the mysterious "Silent Chambers".

3º) THE HEROES: This is clearly the gang who will end winning at the finale. It's the group of Mainstream's Reed Richards and the other survivors from Earth-616, so I guess their goal will be find a way (somehow) to restore the Multiverse; or at least, most of it. I'm pretty sure Richards' will take it personally once he discover what Doom has done with his family. Just like the Cabal, they will travel secretly through all the dominions looking for potential allies and resources. They will surely recruit heroes who realize that Doom's reign is a fake, and also allies powerful and strong enough to face both Doom and the Cabal. They could also recruit villains who are not interested neither in Cabal's goals or serving Doom, and they prefer to restore things like they used to be. I suspect the heroes who were in Richards' Raft will be the key to convince the inhabitants of several domains to fight against Doom and the Cabal.

My ideas of potential recruitments:
    + Star-Lord: He will surely try to recruit help from the moon "Knowhere", because Doom controls everything on the planet, but I don't think the moon is too.
    + Spider-Man: Clearly, he will find help in the worlds related to him. Those would be Arachnia ("Spider-Verse", with the Web Warriors and possible the Master Weaver), Spider-Island (once they will manage to defeat the Queen) and the Regency (where he will be greatly interested in protecting his "alternative family"). I don't know where MC2 can be, but I'm pretty sure Peter will find allies in this area too.
    + Cyclops-Phoenix: He will surely find help from some of the domains inhabited by Mutants. Maybe in Bar Sinister, Weschester and Mutopia.
    + Female Thor: She will surely be the key to convince most of the members of the Thor Corps to turn against Doom, turning "Doomsgard" into Asgard again. She could help to convince the inhabitants of Arcadia too.
    + Captain Marvel: She will definetely find allies in the Hala Field, and she could help to convince the inhabitants of Arcadia too.

Finally, there's one big point in this story: MANHATTAN. By the preview, it seems like this area is not following Doom's orders like the rest of them. This can be possibly because it's made from Doom's home reality and/or because of the Ultimate version of Doctor Doom. However, it seems Attilan is like the "representative area" of this domain, considering that Medusa seems to follow Doom's orders. Medusa could also be preparing Attilan's Inhumans to subject the inhabitants of Manhattan to Doom's orders. I don't know why the heroes from both realities are going to fight, but I hope someone will put common sense in them and make them collaborate instead. Surely Spider-Man (Peter Parker) or some other of the survivors of 616. This could turn Manhattan into the headquarters of the heroes to fight Doom and the Cabal. I believe the Silent Chambers could also be related to this group.

Well, what do you think of this?

I'm gonna just go ahead and put this out there.

The last 3 issues will be the wall breaks, and the Zombies/Annhilation/Ultron armies start to massacre all of Battleworld.

Almost everyone is dead, some hero will get the infinity gems just in time (or some Macguffin) and everything will go back to normal.

Why do I think it's the gems? Remember, they are gonna give out gems with certain issues of Secret Wars.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    I'm gonna just go ahead and put this out there.

The last 3 issues will be the wall breaks, and the Zombies/Annhilation/Ultron armies start to massacre all of Battleworld.

Almost everyone is dead, some hero will get the infinity gems just in time (or some Macguffin) and everything will go back to normal.

Why do I think it's the gems? Remember, they are gonna give out gems with certain issues of Secret Wars.
    Nice theory, but it has one problem. The Infinity Gauntlet only works in one universe, so to restore several realities through the multiverse, they would need even more power.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Nice theory, but it has one problem. The Infinity Gauntlet only works in one universe, so to restore several realities through the multiverse, they would need even more power.
    Need I point out...

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

It will be very unsettling if Cyclops goes to other zones but forgets to bother looking up the 616 based Mutants.

Finding a destination in the infinite multiverse

I have a strong feeling that Reed will be an extremely aggressive badass in this event. He lost his entire family in front of his eyes, and then seeing Doom stealing his family will push him over the edge. I think Doom should be killed for his blaspheming actions. Once Thors find the truth, their rage will be worse than Peter Parker's rage on finding the true nature of House Of M.

I assuming others have noticed the faint image of the gems in issue #2 of SW when the young Thor cop recruit recounts the origin of the universe (as he knows it). As he tells the tale, you can faintly see the gems and a clenched fist as the universe is created.

Or am I just imagining things?
    Read my free superhero webcomic, The Ill!

http://theill.thecomicseries.com/comics/540/

Fantastic Member

Whatever happens, I hope Thanos gains the key to all the cities, before he does something stupid for a woman who's accepted & rejected him on & off, and before Warlock says "I tooold you."

File Clerk of MI13 The Sword is Drawn's Avatar

As was discussed elsewhere on these boards I think Hickman may have given us a hint at how it may be possible to kick the multiverse back *into* being, back in New Avengers #30, in the panel below:

Before The Ivory Kings arrived the Starlight Citadel sat pride-of-place in Avalon, part of a point where the entire of Marvel's former multiverse met, and converged. It was part of a hub for interdimensional travel. It was destroyed.

Our Captain Britain survived, taking wth him the secrets of the Citadel, as noted above.

I think it's no coincidence that the territory "Higher Avalon" exists on Battleworld. And Brian is still there too.

Could be usefull if/when the time comes...
    Last edited by The Sword is Drawn; 05-16-2015 at 05:59 AM.
    It Came From Darkmoor...

A Blog dedicated to the British corner of the Marvel Universe.

Twitter: @theswordisdrawn

Amazing Member

I agree the wall will break. You don't set up an unstoppable threat from beyond the wall and then not make them part of your endgame. I do like the idea of Thanos trying to recruit the Barons to depose Doom.

The Wild Card is Reed. Does he try to save this Battleworld reality by becoming reluctant allies with Doom, could he do the unthinkable and work with the Cabal to unseat Doom. Or does Reed do neither...as he tries to recreate his dead universe.

BANNED

OK, after reading the events of the first issues of "Secret Wars", I think I have discovered several things about the future events. First of all, I have to say that it doesn't surprise me Dr Doom has caused all this; considering what he did back in the original Secret Wars. But this jerk's ego, well, I simply can't believe how despicable he is: turning himself into a God, stealing Reed Richards' family as his own, manipulating the survivors of an entire Multiverse... etc. He really is Marvel's top villain. He's maybe not the evilest, but he's truly the BEST being evil. Well, it's obvious that this can't stay just like this; so Doom will have to be defeated at the end.

Anyway, I have been checking several things and I have a conclusion. I believe the climax of this story will be basically a three gangs' battle between the main players:

1º) VICTOR VON DOOM: Surely, Doom won't allow that nobody will undoes the world he have created and where he reigns a "Supreme God". I pressume his "gang" will be formed for those who are royal to him. Surely, it will be formed by villains loyal to him; and heroes who have been brainwashed (like Richards' family) too. I assume these characters will change sides in the last moment and they will become the key ingredient of Doom's defeat. I think something similar happened in the original Secret Wars, when the Beyonder hid inside of Klaw.

2º) THE CABAL: Since there's nothing else in the multiverse, I highly doubt the Cabal will simply want to destroy Battleworld. I bet their goal will be found a way to take Doom's power and turn it their own. With that, I'm pretty sure they will travel secretly through all the dominions looking for potential allies and resources. They will surely recruit villains whose power-hunger will be similar to theirs and they can be useful against Doom. I'm sure they will find what they need in places like Limbo ("Inferno"), Domain of Apocalypse ("Age of Apocalypse"), Greenland ("Planet Hulk") and the Hydra Empire. I suspect they could even try to use the most dangerous zones of Battleworld as weapons against Doom. Thanos could meet his counterpart in New Xandar and take the Infinity Stones to control Annihiliation Wade; and the Maker (Ultimate Reed Richards) already knows the Marvel Zombies. Truth is, if these villains can control these areas, they will have a great chance to defeat Doom. I suspect they could be related with the mysterious "Silent Chambers".

3º) THE HEROES: This is clearly the gang who will end winning at the finale. It's the group of Mainstream's Reed Richards and the other survivors from Earth-616, so I guess their goal will be find a way (somehow) to restore the Multiverse; or at least, most of it. I'm pretty sure Richards' will take it personally once he discover what Doom has done with his family. Just like the Cabal, they will travel secretly through all the dominions looking for potential allies and resources. They will surely recruit heroes who realize that Doom's reign is a fake, and also allies powerful and strong enough to face both Doom and the Cabal. They could also recruit villains who are not interested neither in Cabal's goals or serving Doom, and they prefer to restore things like they used to be. I suspect the heroes who were in Richards' Raft will be the key to convince the inhabitants of several domains to fight against Doom and the Cabal.

My ideas of potential recruitments:
    + Star-Lord: He will surely try to recruit help from the moon "Knowhere", because Doom controls everything on the planet, but I don't think the moon is too.
    + Spider-Man: Clearly, he will find help in the worlds related to him. Those would be Arachnia ("Spider-Verse", with the Web Warriors and possible the Master Weaver), Spider-Island (once they will manage to defeat the Queen) and the Regency (where he will be greatly interested in protecting his "alternative family"). I don't know where MC2 can be, but I'm pretty sure Peter will find allies in this area too.
    + Cyclops-Phoenix: He will surely find help from some of the domains inhabited by Mutants. Maybe in Bar Sinister, Weschester and Mutopia.
    + Female Thor: She will surely be the key to convince most of the members of the Thor Corps to turn against Doom, turning "Doomsgard" into Asgard again. She could help to convince the inhabitants of Arcadia too.
    + Captain Marvel: She will definetely find allies in the Hala Field, and she could help to convince the inhabitants of Arcadia too.

Finally, there's one big point in this story: MANHATTAN. By the preview, it seems like this area is not following Doom's orders like the rest of them. This can be possibly because it's made from Doom's home reality and/or because of the Ultimate version of Doctor Doom. However, it seems Attilan is like the "representative area" of this domain, considering that Medusa seems to follow Doom's orders. Medusa could also be preparing Attilan's Inhumans to subject the inhabitants of Manhattan to Doom's orders. I don't know why the heroes from both realities are going to fight, but I hope someone will put common sense in them and make them collaborate instead. Surely Spider-Man (Peter Parker) or some other of the survivors of 616. This could turn Manhattan into the headquarters of the heroes to fight Doom and the Cabal. I believe the Silent Chambers could also be related to this group.

Well, what do you think of this?
    What marvel comics or article has confirmed that the Susan, Franklin and Valeria Richards ARE INDEED the 616 ones? To me, it would be a humongous cop-out. 616 Reed should try to live on without them.

I can't wait to read articles that confirm which 616 characters are living in the domain 616 Manhattan! I am guessing; Kamala Khan, Sam Alexander, Sam Wilson, Vision, Hank Pym and Janet van Dyne.

Secret Wars has the opportunity to have the 616 Peter Parker mephistoverse remember the deal married Peter made in real-time 2007, so that he will finally feel it in his soul that which he has been unaware of for the last real-time 7 years 2008-2015. Better if 616 Peter Parker mephistoverse dies during SW.

Really, really hope 616 Jane Foster will be fused with Thordis and become the all-new Jane Foster Thordis on the new mainstream marvel earth!
    Also praying that 616 Carol Danvers will be killed during SW and to find out which Carol Danvers from which domain The City, The Warzone, The Monarchy of M or Arcadia will survive and live on on the new mainstream marvel earth.

To me, Secret Wars will only be meaningful if 616 characters are finally killed off and joining 616 John Proudstar, 616 Captain Mar-Vell, 616 Ben Reilly, 616 Marvel Girl and 616 Wolverine.

Astonishing Member

616MarvelYear is LeapYear, this Doom is clearly the one from Earth-616, so it's clear he will be interested in saving the Sue, Franklin and Valeria he know, not alternative versions of them. And you better forget about all 616's characters dying, because it can't be allowed. Marvel must to continue to the future, but it can erase/forget his origin. Therefore, there's no way 616-Peter Parker will be erased just like that.

Anyway, I just realized there's another big problem around here. You see, if there's absolutely nothing else in the Marvel's multiverse except battleworld, that gives one big problem. What happens when somebody dies? I mean, if there's no place for death people to go, I pressume they can't actually die after all. If fact, I have a theory. We saw King Thor being killed in "Secret Wars #2", but we saw him appearing in a preview of "Future Imperfect #1". So, my theory is that, when someone dies in one of these "domains", he's simply sended to another domain and resurrect. Sounds weird, but we have discovered weirder things already about Battleworld.

By the info recently revealed, I think my theory of the Cabal and Reed Richards' team recruiting allies from different domains is more possible to happen. You see:
    + Black Bolt's resistance, I bet this group will join the surviving heroes of Earth-616.
    + The Maestro want to take Doom's throne, it doesn't surprise me. He could surely make an alliance against with the Cabal for that. Although, if he sees the Cabal is too dangerous to form an alliance, he could instead try to get the heroes' help in a treacherous way.

Fantastic Member

Don't want to get too far off topic, but can anyone confirm that the Thanos in the Infinity Gauntlet Secret Wars mini is not the same person as 616 Thanos? I was always under the assumption that it was, but someone on youtube yesterday told me are one and the same.

BANNED

616MarvelYear is LeapYear, this Doom is clearly the one from Earth-616, so it's clear he will be interested in saving the Sue, Franklin and Valeria he know, not alternative versions of them. And you better forget about all 616's characters dying, because it can't be allowed. Marvel must to continue to the future, but it can erase/forget his origin. Therefore, there's no way 616-Peter Parker will be erased just like that.

Anyway, I just realized there's another big problem around here. You see, if there's absolutely nothing else in the Marvel's multiverse except battleworld, that gives one big problem. What happens when somebody dies? I mean, if there's no place for death people to go, I pressume they can't actually die after all. If fact, I have a theory. We saw King Thor being killed in "Secret Wars #2", but we saw him appearing in a preview of "Future Imperfect #1". So, my theory is that, when someone dies in one of these "domains", he's simply sended to another domain and resurrect. Sounds weird, but we have discovered weirder things already about Battleworld.

By the info recently revealed, I think my theory of the Cabal and Reed Richards' team recruiting allies from different domains is more possible to happen. You see:
    + Black Bolt's resistance, I bet this group will join the surviving heroes of Earth-616.
    + The Maestro want to take Doom's throne, it doesn't surprise me. He could surely make an alliance against with the Cabal for that. Although, if he sees the Cabal is too dangerous to form an alliance, he could instead try to get the heroes' help in a treacherous way.
    I really, really hope that it will not be confirmed that Sue, Franklin and Valeria are the 616 ones. I like that 616 Reed Richards has to go on living without 616 Sue, Franklin, Valeria, Johnny and Ben. Hopefully he will find the strength of will to do so. Just like 616 Daredevil had to when he lost 616 Karen Page

Spectacular Member

Sorry to disagree...

We don't even know if Doom isn't being manipulated by the Beyonders...

Let's face it... If the Beyonders created the Molecule Men and Doom+MM+Strange can't defeat Living Tribunal, how could they defeat the Beyonders?

So, this must all still be an experience from the Beyonders and Doom must be a puppet right now... He may even not know about it... And the Beyonders must be using his memories to create this world... Or Doom must have created this world to save everyone he could... After being defeated by the Beyonders... And the only way I'm seeing Doom+Strange being saved from destruction by the Beyonders, is by a sacrifice from Molecule Man...

The ending of this?

If, by your theory, Doom won against the Beyonders, no power can take Doom down... Not even all villains put together... So, I can't believe in your theory (I'm sorry)...

So, this way, I can only see a plan from EVERYONE to make the Beyonders experience end (not defeat them, but only end the experience) and the universe getting back to a similar way it was in the past.

Even the Cabal will have to join all heroes... Or be defeated if they turn against the heroes...

The Beyonders that killed all "Gods" from all universes are the true enemy here! Doom just is a puppet or Doom just created this world to save as many as he could...

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    I really, really hope that it will not be confirmed that Sue, Franklin and Valeria are the 616 ones. I like that 616 Reed Richards has to go on living without 616 Sue, Franklin, Valeria, Johnny and Ben. Hopefully he will find the strength of will to do so. Just like 616 Daredevil had to when he lost 616 Karen Page
    He could also become the 616 universe Maker Just like the Maker in the live raft with the Cabal...