Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    616MarvelYear is LeapYear, this Doom is clearly the one from Earth-616, so it's clear he will be interested in saving the Sue, Franklin and Valeria he know, not alternative versions of them. And you better forget about all 616's characters dying, because it can't be allowed. Marvel must to continue to the future, but it can erase/forget his origin. Therefore, there's no way 616-Peter Parker will be erased just like that.

Anyway, I just realized there's another big problem around here. You see, if there's absolutely nothing else in the Marvel's multiverse except battleworld, that gives one big problem. What happens when somebody dies? I mean, if there's no place for death people to go, I pressume they can't actually die after all. If fact, I have a theory. We saw King Thor being killed in "Secret Wars #2", but we saw him appearing in a preview of "Future Imperfect #1". So, my theory is that, when someone dies in one of these "domains", he's simply sended to another domain and resurrect. Sounds weird, but we have discovered weirder things already about Battleworld.
    That wasn't King Thor in Future Imperfect, that was Odin. Wrong eye was missing for it to be Thor, (King Thor is missing his left eye, Odin is missing his right) and no metal arm. Also, Odin was mentioned in the solicits. I have a hunch it is 616 Odin.

And I don't think the lack of a death realm necessarily means anything, it could simply be that once you die you cease to exist, or Doom has created his own realm of the dead that we simply haven't seen yet, or that the people on Battleworld are constructs made by Doom to begin with so don't 'count'
    Last edited by Raye; 05-18-2015 at 07:45 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    That wasn't King Thor in Future Imperfect, that was Odin. Wrong eye was missing for it to be Thor, (King Thor is missing his left eye, Odin is missing his right) and no metal arm. Also, Odin was mentioned in the solicits. I have a hunch it is 616 Odin.

And I don't think the lack of a death realm necessarily means anything, it could simply be that once you die you cease to exist, or Doom has created his own realm of the dead that we simply haven't seen yet, or that the people on Battleworld are constructs made by Doom to begin with so don't 'count'
    Has it been confirmed in a Secret Wars comic that there is no death realm?

One hasn't been shown. but then again, we are only 2 issues in.

Astonishing Member

Guys, I just realized something interesting about "Secret Wars". So, Dr Doom from Earth-616 has created Battleworld with remainings of realities and turned himself into God. However, I realized that in many of the realities that form part of Battleworld are supposed to be an alternative version of Doom. In some of them, Doom is dead (like in "Marvel Zombies" or "Years of Future Past"), he's a good guy in others (like 2099) and he's a triumphant villain in others (like "Old Man Logan"). However, something quite strange in all this is that all those alternative versions of Doom have just disappeared. How? and why?

My theory, I belive Doom erased all his counterparts because as the big egomaniac he is, he believes no one can really defeat him now, except himself. So, to make sure he won't have any real threat to his power, he just erased all his alternative selves from existence. But let's face it, if there's one constance in the multiverse, is Dr Doom's big fat ego. I'm pretty sure some of those alternative Dooms managed to escape their demise somehow, and they will be one of the main keys to defeat 616-Doom and restore the multiverse.

There's one particular Doom that I believe he will even join the good guys; Doom of Earth-808, from a What If? issue where Doom became a noble hero instead of a villain (although still with some ego problems). I believe this Doom and some others will help the different bands in this war (616-Reed's heroes, The Cabal and Doom's followers) into putting an end to this and restore the multiverse. No alternative Doom will ever accept to serve anyone (not even himself) or having no world to rule. Don't you think?

I hope that what Doom did in NA #33 will be explained - that is the event I'm waiting for.
    Till then, making Doom a villain is too much simple - it's Hickman !

All hope lies in Doom - we can say it's still true : everybody - except the ones from the raft and Strange (Molecule-man is seen in a preview of SW#3 turned into a gold statue) - dies and Doom saved them (some of them).

Creating Battleworld is not the final step of his plan. But I think he -and Strange -cannot do anything more yet, and the purpose of Battleworld can be some stuff like collecting energies to rebuilt a real universe. That's the part where the Reeds will play a major role - but there will be twists ! And Spiderman (men) could be at the center of it (that could explain the running gag of everybody - even the supreme intelligence of Krees ! - looking at spidey in Hickman's FF rum...)

Come on guys ! Be faithfull to the Golden Path of God Emperor Doom !

At the end I also hope Bast's prophecies about Doom and Tchalla/Reed will play a part - along side with the themes of wants and needs - not only what makes characters act, but also a part of the structure of the reality of the multiverse according to many hints in Hickman's stories (Manifolds, Eldrac...).

Future events must also imply Valeria (who suggested the raft plan and met the Maker once) and off course Franklyn and his herald -flaming Galactus from the end of the universe (cf Thor). I really like the ambiguous number on their uniforms : you can either see a 4 as usual or more likely a 1. Sue (a great double agent in TRO) is wearing her old "Fantastic Three" uniform (cf. after her brother's "death"). Quite sure it's not random but hints about the part they will play. Can't speculate further and hope to be surprised in every next issue.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    I hope that what Doom did in NA #33 will be explained - that is the event I'm waiting for.
    Till then, making Doom a villain is too much simple - it's Hickman !

All hope lies in Doom - we can say it's still true : everybody - except the ones from the raft and Strange (Molecule-man is seen in a preview of SW#3 turned into a gold statue) - dies and Doom saved them (some of them).

Creating Battleworld is not the final step of his plan. But I think he -and Strange -cannot do anything more yet, and the purpose of Battleworld can be some stuff like collecting energies to rebuilt a real universe. That's the part where the Reeds will play a major role - but there will be twists ! And Spiderman (men) could be at the center of it (that could explain the running gag of everybody - even the supreme intelligence of Krees ! - looking at spidey in Hickman's FF rum...)

Come on guys ! Be faithfull to the Golden Path of God Emperor Doom !

At the end I also hope Bast's prophecies about Doom and Tchalla/Reed will play a part - along side with the themes of wants and needs - not only what makes characters act, but also a part of the structure of the reality of the multiverse according to many hints in Hickman's stories (Manifolds, Eldrac...).
    SW #3 preview? Gold Molecule Man? Where did you saw that? Can't find it in any place :S

Quote Originally Posted by NunoTaborda View Post
    SW #3 preview? Gold Molecule Man? Where did you saw that? Can't find it in any place :S
    It wasn't on the net, but in one of the SW tiltles - don't remember wich one and didn't buy it- at the store yesterday : four unlettered panels.. in B&W like they did for SW #2. Nice stuffs with Doom castle and Strange. But I'm wondering why I saw gold in images whithout colors.... kind of metallic treatment ? (I'm afraid I'm not really reliable... as my avatar suggests...)

Spectacular Member CyclopsWasRight's Avatar

My crazy unlikely theory: The heroes that jumped from Earth 616 in the lifeboat become the cosmic entities in the resulting universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    It wasn't on the net, but in one of the SW tiltles - don't remember wich one and didn't buy it- at the store yesterday : four unlettered panels.. in B&W like they did for SW #2. Nice stuffs with Doom castle and Strange. But I'm wondering why I saw gold in images whithout colors.... kind of metallic treatment ? (I'm afraid I'm not really reliable... as my avatar suggests...)
    I'm really sorry ! It's in Marvel Previews #35 (June ) : four colored pages of SW#3 - unlettered. And the color of the "stute" I was talking about is not gold - bronze maybe, more likely something else ? And I really think it's what remains of the Molecule Man....

Quote Originally Posted by CyclopsWasRight View Post
    My crazy unlikely theory: The heroes that jumped from Earth 616 in the lifeboat become the cosmic entities in the resulting universe.
    It's not so crazy : thing like that can happen - it would be like in the Earth X trilogy. When I was talking about collecting energy from the wars on Battleworld I had that in mind... It was the plan of the cosmic entities of the previous UNIverse (not the celestials, the others) to rebuilt one, using all the energy of the fight around the MULTIverse... But I agree : it's a crazy unlikely theory ! But I like it !