Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BANNED

It's gross and it all comes from that one, random fap fodder panel by Jim Lee back in UXM 274.

Ultimate Member

Rogue/Magneto is just wrong, Carey basically gave anyone that didn't like it the finger when he was writing them, which oddly their courtship all happened off panel...it's funny that some people seem okay with Rogue and Magneto but then are against Logan with anyone...and if Magneto had his powers during WW2 then he'd have to be in his 80's, nothing happened in the Savage Land years ago last I checked and when together Rogue's written like a lovestruck schoolgirl dating a college guy where she defers everything to him and no longer thinks for herself, the AoA version was just creepy as he started hitting on her before she was even legal...Gambit's not perfect but he's far better for her than Magneto imho.

Spectacular Member

I am fine with them as a couple in the comics, don't really like them together my self but everyone has different opinions of who they like together. But in the movie I just can't see Ian McKellen as Magneto and Anna Paquin as rogue together, maybe if they some how bring the younger version of Magneto Michael Fassbender to the future then sure.

Teenage Exorcist just another user's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well, of course it would be gross, Rogue is 32 meanwhile Magneto is 75.
    No, Magneto was de-aged. He's physically in his 30s, 40 tops, people incorrectly assume he's older 'cos he has white hair.

Lots of people like them as a couple, they were together in the most popular x men event ever, it will always be part of their history.

I'm just a little confused as to where this critic said that the relationship was "gross". Random isn't quite the same thing.

Magneto has Steve Martin hair; silver from birth, so people easily forget that he's been de-aged. Wolverine actually looks late thirtiesish, so people forget he's actually ancient. I call it the Edward Cullen effect.

BANNED

Anna Nicole Smith and Mr Marshall. Magneto and Rogue. Same thing. Ugh. But Magneto and Mystique--that ain't a bad idea.

Teenage Exorcist just another user's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by antiochene View Post
    I'm just a little confused as to where this critic said that the relationship was "gross". Random isn't quite the same thing.
    I'm just a little confused as to why we should give particular significance to a random media critics opinion.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by just another user View Post
    No, Magneto was de-aged. He's physically in his 30s, 40 tops, people incorrectly assume he's older 'cos he has white hair.

Lots of people like them as a couple, they were together in the most popular x men event ever, it will always be part of their history.
    Yeah, deaged to infancy by his own illegal experiments, then reaged by an alien. Magneto could be 2 years old. It's sick. Rogue is a sick woman.

Quote Originally Posted by just another user View Post
    I'm just a little confused as to why we should give particular significance to a random media critics opinion.
    Well, that too. But it seems even odder to be using him as an authority when he doesn't seem to actually hold that opinion anyway.

I think they are a silly couple but I'm not sure why media people think the next X-men film will be like AoA, they must not know what AoA is.

Uncanny X-Men #269, 274-274 have been blown way out of proportion. Rogue was a young woman, perhaps about 20, who became INFACTUADED with an older man who saved her live. That's all there ever was. Magneto was too noble and too devoted to his "cause" to take advantage of Rogue's infactuation , unlike what happened with Xavier and Gabrielle Haller...

BANNED

Exactly. She had been running alone for weeks, of course she was sex crazed. Leave the girl alone and let's forget her mistakes.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    This may be the image of Rogue and Magneto some have in their heads thanks to the films.

But, Magneto's body hasn't been that old since the Silver Age when he was de-aged then re-aged to his late 20s.

But, for some reason in the eyes of some fans he doesn't get the same pass that Wolverine does.
    Age is just a number, it's state of mind that counts. Mags acts like a grumpy old man, wolverine acts like an idiotic college boy. And mags beats her. That's the difference.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I didn't really think it was gross, I just found it boring.