Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Liquid View Post
    But that's stupid. I mean, for awhile it would be cool, but having it stay that way for more than a few months/a year would really suck.

I personally would find that an actual earth would be a better setting.
    And based on All-New, All-Different Avengers from Free Comic Book Day, there will be one.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    And based on All-New, All-Different Avengers from Free Comic Book Day, there will be one.
    To me, it will be exiting to have confirmation which characters from any of the 40 domains of Battleworld will live on on this new mainstream marvel earth

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    Which will likely still be 616.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    I reckon it will stop being officially labelled as 616 in the comics though. To the company, it's just the Marvel Universe

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Loose Threads View Post
    I reckon it will stop being officially labelled as 616 in the comics though. To the company, it's just the Marvel Universe
    Just like it's always been.
    I write about the intersection of science, comics and culture. Check it out!

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I think it's clear there will be an Earth, probably with elements of 616 and Ultimate Earth (and maybe the odd other element from some other Battleworld domains) but we may well also have Battleworld survive in some respect, or else have a more focused on multiverse.

Quote Originally Posted by Loose Threads View Post
    Always had, Berkvork and Joey Q didn't like the term 616 and generally it wasn't called that. Us, the people that read the books and are the reason it still exist like it so we are keeping it. Mainly because it's easier to type 616, than Mainstream Marvel Universe or 'main continuity' or some other bullcrap. 616. Simples.
    Last edited by The Fury; 05-18-2015 at 08:34 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    If it 'still' will be 616 then I have wasted every single dollar on the Secret Wars books and tie-ins oh man

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dog View Post
    Just like it's always been.
    Yeah, fair point, rofl.

Just weird when they kind of go with what fans use, and then turn about and try to say to us "no, no, say it like this".

Not Aztec! OMEC! OOOOOOMEC!

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    To me, it will be exiting to have confirmation which characters from any of the 40 domains of Battleworld will live on on this new mainstream marvel earth
    They aren't going to take Spider-Gwen away from her Universe or stop making comics for her.

Thus far everyone else we've seen seems to be 616 based characters but Miles Morales.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    They aren't going to take Spider-Gwen away from her Universe or stop making comics for her.

Thus far everyone else we've seen seems to be 616 based characters but Miles Morales.
    Is Spider-Gwen living in the domain Arachnia? If so, isn't her Universe then destroyed? If her universe is still around then I do not understand how that can be

Mighty Member

If it 'still' will be 616 then I have wasted every single dollar on the Secret Wars books and tie-ins oh man
    Again, this makes no sense. You're paying for a story, and getting a story.
    I write about the intersection of science, comics and culture. Check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Machine View Post
    It'd be cool to use it as an excuse to finally use the MALIBU comics characters.

Prime?
    Mantra (Eden)?
    Night-Man (non-vampire)?
    Exiles?

Yes please.
    Won't happen til the original creators are dead so Marvel doesn't have to pay royalties
    Engaging discussion of comics 10 years old or older http://classiccomics.boards.net

Is Spider-Gwen living in the domain Arachnia? If so, isn't her Universe then destroyed? If her universe is still around then I do not understand how that can be
    Presumably her proper setting will be recreated much as the 'mainstream MU' Earth and its universe is in time for ANADA, resulting in at least a small multiverse. I mean, it's not like the Earth in ANADA wasn't destroyed and exists in that form at the moment.

BANNED

It's the same deal as Age of Apocalypse. World ends, then it doesn't. Someone fixes things and puts them back in the right order. But like Dark Beast and X-Man, there's always something left over. Maybe a few things tag along to the 616. Maybe some universes get their own ongoing like they did with Age of Apocalypse a few years back. Maybe a few of the realities remain fused together in Battleworld for a new ongoing where the leftovers, for lack of a better term, vie for power in the vacuum left behind by Doom's return to the 616.