Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Does the MC-2 Universe deserves more RESPECT in these Marvel events or not ?

No offense to anyone here, but I call BULL on the grounds that the MC-2 Universe deserves more pages in Secret Wars. A full mini series for it's own world and not play BACK UP to a mini series of a monstrous mess that is Spider-Island.

First Spider-verse and now Secret Wars, it's like Marvel doesn't trust or remember the LONGEVITY that is the MC-2 Universe thanks not only to Spider-girl of the MC-2 and her series, but also the many other series that Tom Defalco and Co. created.

Again, no offense to any of the creative teams at Marvel and its Spider-office, but honestly as Spider-girl fans of the MC-2, like I said when it came to Spider-verse, the MC-2 Universe DESERVES MORE THAN IT HAS GOTTEN.

Honestly, it like Spider-fans forget that it was THE MC-2 UNIVERSE That showed a redeemed Kaine Or it was the MC-2 Universe that Gave us HOPE PYM, the co-star in the upcoming Ant-Man film. I mean has anyone Forgotten this or not ?

I mean with Tom Defalco's work maybe classic and sometimes cheesy, but it's gives a sense of Old-School light hearted tales that is sorely forgotten in today's dark comics.

Wouldn't anyone here agree with me or not ?

If you don't agree with me, then please explain why ?

BANNED

What's the problem with Spider-Island?

The only thing to come out of MC-2 with any kind of success was Spider-Girl and that seemed to be holding on by a thread for a while. Should it have had its own Secret Wars title? Maybe. Could be that they crunched the numbers and decided a back-up is what it was worth. Don't know what else to tell ya. That's the way the cookie crumbles sometimes.

BANNED

The problem with Spider-Verse is that it didn't use any character other than Mayday, leaving the implication that either every other potential spider-totem in that universe is dead, or anyone you think should count actually doesn't. At least with Spider-Verse Team-Up #3, both Spider-Girls were presented equally, so I wouldn't say that Anya was given precedence over Mayday there.

Secret Wars, though… ooh boy, I'm with you on that one. I'm hoping that the published covers for Spider-Island make it clear that there is a Spider-Girl story, but if you look over at Renew Your Vows, Mayday is being ignored in favor of Original Character Donut Steel Annie.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    What's the problem with Spider-Island?

The only thing to come out of MC-2 with any kind of success was Spider-Girl and that seemed to be holding on by a thread for a while. Should it have had its own Secret Wars title? Maybe. Could be that they crunched the numbers and decided a back-up is what it was worth. Don't know what else to tell ya. That's the way the cookie crumbles sometimes.
    Nothing is wrong with Spider-Island, it just that I feel that it's the Spider-Island story that's going to be getting more pages than the MC-2 Universe story.

Also if given it's own one-shot/two part title, then the MC-2 Universe could explore its characters to its fullest again. I mean why else would there be any Last Standing series By Tom Defalco and Co. ?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Roxas View Post
    The problem with Spider-Verse is that it didn't use any character other than Mayday, leaving the implication that either every other potential spider-totem in that universe is dead, or anyone you think should count actually doesn't. At least with Spider-Verse Team-Up #3, both Spider-Girls were presented equally, so I wouldn't say that Anya was given precedence over Mayday there.

Secret Wars, though… ooh boy, I'm with you on that one. I'm hoping that the published covers for Spider-Island make it clear that there is a Spider-Girl story, but if you look over at Renew Your Vows, Mayday is being ignored in favor of Original Character Donut Steel Annie.
    Maybe the reason Slott is using Annie instead of Mayday is given not only the popularity of Mayday's character, but also the mess that he caused the Last time he used Mayday in Spider-verse.

BANNED

Spider-Island is more recent and did pretty well. Also includes characters they want to promote like Venom. So yeah, it's gonna be the main story compared to the defunct MC-2.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    Spider-Island is more recent and did pretty well. Also includes characters they want to promote like Venom. So yeah, it's gonna be the main story compared to the defunct MC-2.
    DEFUNCT ?!?

In it's own world that has crafted the Next generation of Marvel heroes, BEFORE THE RECENT TEEN TITLES, one would think that the MC-2 Universe deserves more than what's given. Right ?

Teenage Exorcist just another user's Avatar

It's strange what they've picked to get mini series and what they haven't.

I mean, with Big Hero 6 being so popular at the moment you would think Marvel and Disney would put them in Secret Wars.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    DEFUNCT ?!?

In it's own world that has crafted the Next generation of Marvel heroes, BEFORE THE RECENT TEEN TITLES, one would think that the MC-2 Universe deserves more than what's given. Right ?
    Nope. Just because it came out before more recent teen comics, that doesn't mean it deserves anything. Should probably be lucky it's even getting a back-up, really.

I don't agree with you. To be perfectly honest, I rather hate the MC-2 Universe. Too many goofy "son/daughter of" characters like J2 (Juggernaut), Wildthing (Wolverine x Elektra) and Dark Devil (Ben Rielly x Daredevil x Ghost Rider???) and the original characters were just as ridiculous (Raptor, Crazy 8, etc.) I liked Tom DeFalco and Ron Frenz back on Spider-Man but this was not my cup of tea.

I'm not a fan of Kaine or the Clone Saga so the first place to show a redeemed Kaine means nothing to me, and I haven't seen "Ant Man" yet, it could very well be the next "Green Lantern" at the box office, so introducing Hope Pym is also not a ringing endorsement of the MC-2 universe.

If anything half a book is too much in my opinion.

iMan 42s

Given the way it was treated in spiderverse where either those spider characters who existed either didn't matter, or could be considered dead, I just don't know what you could do with it. Coming out of spiderverse May is now spiderwoman and her brother is important for reasons that never really get established in spiderverse, other than he is the child of a spider totem. I don't know what could really be done with that at the end of the day. Sure there is an Uncle Ben with spider powers now but doesn't that undermine the point of taking May out of her comfort zone after losing Peter?

Somehow I'm pretty sure this will end up being an entirely too short story just like with what happened in that Mrs.Marvel Team up.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

I never read the MC2 so I really don't care about it.

I wonder how many other present-day Marvel readers may feel the same way?

I'm no bothered by it. It's been what 6 years since May's series was cancelled? Not to mention that weren't sales pretty low for most of her run anyway? Considering she was seemingly the only character to have any staying power, low selling at that, out of the MC-2 universe I'm not surprised that there isn't a mini dedicated to it.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

I'm more concerned about Kang and if Earth-X Mayday is still on his team.
    Last edited by Sardorim; 05-16-2015 at 11:12 PM.

Mighty Member

I'd rather the Marvel adventures universe get something than MC2