Page 46 of 49 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849 LastLast

Ordered a couple of Miles Davis cd's this weekend . . .

John Waite released a 4-song EP called Anything recently. I got my copy in the mail today and it came signed (though the pic included is just the standard photo of the cover).

Attachment 121274
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I am a big fan of film scores so I bought Twentieth Century Fox: 75 Years of Film scores which includes a lot of my favorite movies from that era of the epic film. Films like Captain From Castile, Ben Hur, El Cid, The Robe, Prince Valiant all the way up to Planet of the Apes , Patton, Poseidon Adventure (which IIRC was John Williams first big movie ), French Connection, The Omen, Alien (surprisingly an Oscar winning score Jerry Goldsmith again). There's other gems like pieces from Bernard Hermann's score from The Day the Earth Stood Still and The Ghost and Mrs Muir. It even has music from the Fox dud of a Fantastic Four movie from 2005

I picked up a copy of the Def Leppard CD High 'n' Dry from my friend's record shop this weekend.

And today, a package of CDs that I bought from another friend of mine arrived on my doorstep. In the package were these rock and metal releases:

Cinderella - Heartbreak Station

Meat Loaf - Bat Out Of Hell II: Back Into Hell

David Lee Roth - Your Filthy Little Mouth

Skid Row - Subhuman Race

Dream Theater - Images And Words

Dream Theater - Awake

Also purchased from him were the following more pop and country leaning releases:

Natalie Maines - Mother

Billy Pilgrim - Bloom (One of the most perfect albums ever!)

Belinda Carlisle - Heaven On Earth

Marc Cohn - S/T

Confederate Railroad - Notorious

Bruce Hornsby & The Range - The Way It Is

Mr. Mister - Welcome To The Real World

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Though it isn't due out officially until August 12th, my copy of the self-titled A-Z debut album came in the mail today.

Attachment 123691

I also received a package from the band Illusory today. It had the Crimson Wreath album cover art T-shirt I'd been expecting but also included was a very rare CD copy of the self-titled CD from Ivory Tower, the band that would evolve into Illusory.

Attachment 123693

Attachment 123692

I picked up 3 new-to-me CDs today.

Winger - In The Heart Of The Young

Winger - Pull

Def Leppard - Slang

I also picked up 5 used vinyl records and I'm thinking of writing an occasional series around them. I paid 2 bucks a piece for them.

I got three Rick Springfield albums: Working Class Dog, Success Hasn't Spoiled Me Yet and Rock Of Life. I also got the self-titled Mammoth and Phenomena albums.

I stopped by Purchase Street Records today. My friend owns the shop so I try to shop there when I can.

Today I picked up:

NEW CDS

Grand Prix - S/T (Rock Candy)
    Grand Prix - Samurai (Rock Candy)
    W.A.S.P. - Double Live Assassins

USED CD

Dio - Lock Up The Wolves

USED CASSETTE

Billy Idol - Charmed Life

USED DVD

Armored Saint - Armored Saint Magazine - Lessons Not Well Learned (Came with a bonus 6 song live CD)

I picked up the new Ozzy Osbourne album Patient Number 9 today.

I also grabbed used copies of Cinderella's Night Songs and Still Climbing albums. It was the first time I've ever seen that latter album in the wild.

Got delivery today of a new CD:

Ben and "Sweets" - Ben Webster & "Sweets" Edison
    (© 2011 Sony Music Entertainment.
    Ⓟ Originally Released 1962 Sony Music Entertainment Inc.)

Today I picked up the new House of Lords CD Saints And Sinners.

Attachment 124934

I also grabbed used copies of Night Ranger's Seven and Lou Gramm's Ready Or Not.

Billy Idol - S/T

Billy Idol - Rebel Yell (Expanded)

Alice Cooper - Hey Stoopid

Alice Cooper - Trash

Danger Danger - Screw It!

Fate - Scratch 'N Sniff

Got a few CDs at a library book sale today:
    * The Very Best of Artie Shaw (RCA Victor)
    * The Very Best of Duke Ellington (RCA Victor)
    * The Best of the Duke Ellington Centennial Edition - 1927-1973 (RCA Victor)
    * Sinatra-Basie (Reprise)
    * Nice 'n' Easy - Frank Sinatra (Capitol Records, Inc.)

Didn't buy any books for myself, but I picked up a few paperback mysteries for my Mom.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

I have this urge to help aging soul and blues musicians by buying their recent releases, even if they are not nearly as good as the stuff from their prime.

This is quite nice though, Eddie Holman ("Hey There Lonely Girl" and the disco hit "A Night To Remember") still has a great voice.

Peggy Scott-Adams new album, sadly, is not available in physical copies, so I have been streaming it. Quite a few duets with Jimmy Lewis, who had given her her big comeback in the 90s with "Bill".

"How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

I picked up the new Queensryche album Digital Noise Alliance.

I had a damn good week of a new/new-to-me music haul.

First up was the physical copy of the Love In Chains debut album Everyday Heroes. I had reviewed the album via a download link I was sent from the PR company. But I loved the album and wanted my own copy. I had to wait a bit to order it, but it is now in my hands.

And then came my visit today to my friend's shop Purchase Street Records. I saw a post on Facebook that said they'd recently purchased a 4,000 disc collection. I messaged my friend to make sure today would be a good day to come by to check out the new stuff. He said it was but only what they'd already gone through and put out on the floor. That's fine, not like I could buy everything anyway. He also said he was getting another 2,000 disc collection soon too. (That turned out to be today).

So when I got there, he actually said I could go in the back and check out some of the stuff that was still in boxes that they had sorted but not put out yet. Most of that stuff was material I wasn't interested in. But there were three Meatloaf albums that I'd never seen in the wild before. One of which was still in its original wrapper.

Then I checked out the racks on the shop floor and found 8 more discs I HAD to have (amongst a lot more that I couldn't afford right now). And there were TWO albums there that had never been opened either.

So here's the list of what I got from the shop:

Overkill - Horrorscope
    Overkill - The Killing Kind
    Overkill - Immortalis
    Night Ranger - 7 Wishes
    Onslaught - In Search Of Sanity (with Steve Grimmett on vocals)
    Suicidal Tendencies - Lights...Camera...Revolution
    Meatloaf - Dead Ringer
    Meatloaf - Bad Attitude (still in wrapper)
    Meatloaf - Blind Before I Stop
    Dee Snider - We Are The Ones (still in wrapper)
    Fates Warning - Night On Brocken (still in wrapper)