Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Old news. We've known this for decades.

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    Normally, I don't like it when they tapdance cutely around it, but in this instance, I think I'd like a Herc oneshot where it's just forty pages of him making excuses.

"We fell into bed."

"I had very deep itch."

"It's a legitimate wrestling move. Ask Starfox."

"I... uh... they turned into a swan and I was confused. I thought it was a swan!"

"Oh, it's Wolverine. Wolverine doesn't count."
    You should write a fanfic about this.

Marvel is aiming to be more diverse. So number one question, which male character is gonna be his lover? Is Marvel gonna make a "new" character from mythology or what?

Quote Originally Posted by Post Monster View Post
    Old news. We've known this for decades.
    Would hope that it isn't buried with this new release.
    aka(s). o-bunⓐi-o // ⓓcembⓘrth

Sorry for any misspellings or grammar mistakes

Last edited by Crazed T'Challa x Emma x Namor shipper; Yesterday at 00:00 UM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunai View Post
    Would hope that it isn't buried with this new release.

Hope so too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kencana View Post
    You should write a fanfic about this.

Marvel is aiming to be more diverse. So number one question, which male character is gonna be his lover? Is Marvel gonna make a "new" character from mythology or what?
    Juggernaut? Not sure who could stand the pressure to be honest. Oh wait what about Loki? That would be so hot.

I actually think it would really grow Loki's character a lot

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    Juggernaut? Not sure who could stand the pressure to be honest. Oh wait what about Loki? That would be so hot.

I actually think it would really grow Loki's character a lot
    My first thought is Loki too. He's still single right? I'm surprised that Hercules and Loki exist in the same universe and not sleep with each other yet. Those two are deviant and *cough* kinky in sex.

My first thought is Loki too. He's still single right? I'm surprised that Hercules and Loki exist in the same universe and not sleep with each other yet. Those two are deviant and *cough* kinky in sex.
    Loki/Herc would be AWESOME!!! Thor would not be amused lol
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Ehrm... old news? Pak had an ALTERNATE version of Herc being openly bisexual (with an alternate version of Wolverine) and hinted that regular Herc may be too. AFAIK EVERY OTHER STORY MARVEL PRODUCED WITH HERCULES had him being a phenomenal womanizer instead. So... old news? ONE AUTHOR take on a character?

That said: in the original myth there's nothing even remotely hinting that hercules could be bisexual, such theme is present in the Iliad about Achilles and Patroclus but the Hercules myth is alla bout a huge brute of a man, easily provoked into rage, killing stuff with a giant club. Also, note that the acceptance of homosexuality in ancient Greece is grossly overstimated nowadays(which city states are we talking about for example? Thebes? OK, even if only to an extent. Sparta? Not so much, and so on).

I hope I do not offend anyone but I don't think we need to change estabilished characters or myths just to appease a part of the comic reader community or, worse, show how "progressive" Marvel is. I'm completely fine with LGBT characters but try not to change existing ones too much please

I've always seen that Northsatar comment as wishful thinking on Jean Paul's part. Plus, it was supposed to be a joke (Herc is the kind that humps everything with a pulse). I think the bi applys better to other characters. Herc is a womanizer.
    I always thought that Gilgamesh (who has much less background development) should have been reveled as bi or homosexual. maybe it'll happen in the new series.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    I've always seen that Northsatar comment as wishful thinking on Jean Paul's part. Plus, it was supposed to be a joke (Herc is the kind that humps everything with a pulse). I think the bi applys better to other characters. Herc is a womanizer.
    I always thought that Gilgamesh (who has much less background development) should have been reveled as bi or homosexual. maybe it'll happen in the new series.
    My first thought on reading that issue was that Northstar had better things to do than listen to three ladies on stage going on about het sex. I thought it was another bad joke with "tee hee, Northstar's gay" as the punchline on first pass. Then I reread the scene, got the hint, and liked it even less. Carrying the BS wink-wink-nudge-nudge about Herc being bi right to the funeral and then having back-up stories about all the lovers mourning his loss without making one of them a guy was just a cheap attempt to garner backpats without actually doing anything worth congratulations.

More pertinent to the thread, authorial intent means zilch when the author doesn't doesn't own the characters s/he's writing about. Having someone flat out state their sexual preference may not be the most elegant storytelling, but it's pretty much the only way to know that 1) the corporate entity that does own the character has OK'd it and 2) the next writer to come along isn't going to miss the hint.
    Last edited by Anduinel; 07-31-2015 at 09:58 AM.

> not deviant obviously.

This is in relation to other comments not the above btw.

Plus didn't pak confirm he's bisexual? Plus we've talked for years as if he is bisexual. And to be honest if you spent ages complaining that iceman was "made gay" but reply to this news with "who cares" you clearly do have a problem with representation and lgbtiq issues.

Plus it's not like Hercules is not a womaniser if he's bi. That is also a part of what being bi is.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post

Peace
    Funny how the Marvel version of Gilgamesh has never mentioned Enkidu that I can recall...

Quote Originally Posted by Haquim View Post
    Ehrm... old news? Pak had an ALTERNATE version of Herc being openly bisexual (with an alternate version of Wolverine) and hinted that regular Herc may be too. AFAIK EVERY OTHER STORY MARVEL PRODUCED WITH HERCULES had him being a phenomenal womanizer instead. So... old news? ONE AUTHOR take on a character?

That said: in the original myth there's nothing even remotely hinting that hercules could be bisexual, such theme is present in the Iliad about Achilles and Patroclus but the Hercules myth is alla bout a huge brute of a man, easily provoked into rage, killing stuff with a giant club. Also, note that the acceptance of homosexuality in ancient Greece is grossly overstimated nowadays(which city states are we talking about for example? Thebes? OK, even if only to an extent. Sparta? Not so much, and so on).

I hope I do not offend anyone but I don't think we need to change estabilished characters or myths just to appease a part of the comic reader community or, worse, show how "progressive" Marvel is. I'm completely fine with LGBT characters but try not to change existing ones too much please
    Greg Pak isn't "just one writer" of Herc, he has been THE writer of Herc for nearly the last ten years. That's like calling Claremont "just" one writer of Storm, lol
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    Funny how the Marvel version of Gilgamesh has never mentioned Enkidu that I can recall...
    He was mentioned in the Captain America Annual #11, part of the Citzen Kang arc, but they were portraited as mere "battle buddies". Gilgamesh's question if Captain America was sent by the gods to replace his friend Enkidu really opens the door to more imaginative minds, though.

Peace
    Last edited by Nomads1; 08-01-2015 at 05:07 AM.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Greg Pak isn't "just one writer" of Herc, he has been THE writer of Herc for nearly the last ten years. That's like calling Claremont "just" one writer of Storm, lol
    Pak only wrote Herc for 3 years though. Big difference. It's nothing like Claremont's tenure on X-Men or with Storm.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier