Default Geralt of Riveria vs. Guts

Two Superhuman monster killers

The White Wolf vs. the Black Swordsman

Geralt has the best weapons and armor available to him. Guts has his usual gear.

Amazing Member

It's 'Rivia', and Guts stomps pretty hard going by the games. Maybe the books give Geralt a little more to hang with here, under the right conditions, or the new game turns him into Bayonetta - both of which I rather doubt - or maybe he could pull something off with prep (Yrden followed by Axii and/or cheesing traps, etc.), but he's never going to be able to mix-it-up physically, and none of the signs are good enough to win this for him even if he could land them, I don't think.
    Herochat.com now surprisingly back from the dead. Again.

Geralt is good but he's peak-human at best while Guts is blatantly superhuman. There's an insanely large gap between the two as far as physical stats go and I doubt Geralt could even parry one of Gut's attacks.

Guts could just outpower Geralt if it came down to it, but it never will because he has the speed advantage, the armor advantage, the damage soak advantage, and oh yeah, he can just shoot Geralt in the face with a fucking cannon.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Geralt attempts to pull his swords from his back, only to discover he can't because it's physically impossible to draw a long sword from a sheath strapped to your back.... I kid, in reality he attempts to parry Dragonslayer only to have his own swords driven into his body which is then bifurcated on account of Dragonslayer weighing upwards of 400 lbs.

Geralt is good but he's peak-human at best
    Eh, on potions he is superhuman just fine.

That is the problem. While Geralt is super human by Witcher standards, he needs right potions to be even more so super human.

Geralt CAN use magic, but does not seem that potent and he can be a cross bow timer, great.

But Guts has a cannon.

ANd has way bigger feats in geenrla when it comes to killing things.

Hoenstly most of the "regular" Apostles would give Geralt a hard time, you know, the ones Gutts killed WITHOUT the Berserk Armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Eh, on potions he is superhuman just fine.
    He's still got issues with those faster than him. In the new game-play trailer for example, he got right and proper fucked up by the Vampire/Wraith. He won by lacing his blood with magic, that messed the thing up. Unfortunately, he's outclassed here.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    He's still got issues with those faster than him. In the new game-play trailer for example, he got right and proper fucked up by the Vampire/Wraith. He won by lacing his blood with magic, that messed the thing up. Unfortunately, he's outclassed here.
    I saw one wher ehe had to defeat a ghost by casting spell then hitting the ghost multiple times with a Silver Sword.

Gut's would have killed that thing, in one hit.

Hell from what I seen, EVERYTHINGGeralt has faced, Gutts could one shot it.

I'm not saying he wins, he is outclassed here.

I'm just saying, on potions he is Superhuman (albeit on the low end of the scale) just fine.

Without it, he is still moderately Peak Human.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    I'm not saying he wins, he is outclassed here.

I'm just saying, on potions he is Superhuman (albeit on the low end of the scale) just fine.

Without it, he is still moderately Peak Human.
    Yeah, looking back I think I undersold Geralt a bit. Flipping that dragon over at the end of Witcher 2 was pretty impressive and in Witcher 3 he's straight up cleaving armored men in half. Not quite as over-the-top as the **** Guts has done but better than I gave him credit for.

Also, on the right potions (Snowstorm I believe), his speed increases to such a degree that the world around him moves in slowmotion.