Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Default PREVIEW: Swords of Sorrow: Vampirella / Jennifer Blood #1

http://www.comiccrusaders.com/previe...nifer-blood-1/

A team-up set up by Swords of Sorrow’s GAIL SIMONE, featuring the writer that she hand-picked: Nancy A. Collins! – Vampirella travels to Southern California to hunt down a supernatural serial killer known as the Pacifica Slasher, only to find herself transported to an alternate reality where there’s no such things as vampires, demons, and magic. But, as the most dangerous woman in the world, vigilante Jennifer Blood knows, that doesn’t mean monsters don’t exist. Does the weirdly shaped sword presented to her by the mysterious being called The Courier hold the key to returning Vampirella to her own universe? Or will she be forced to live and die in L.A.?

There are more pages in the link. Can't post them all haha.

I love the art on this crossover, great pick. And Nancy has been killing it (in a good way) over on the main Vampirella ongoing. I am excited to see what she can do with Jennifer Blood too!
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

I'll probably pick this up. I liked Simones first SoS issue, Nancy Collins run on Vampreilla has been pretty good and I scoop up anything Jennifer Blood :P

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    I'll probably pick this up. I liked Simones first SoS issue, Nancy Collins run on Vampreilla has been pretty good and I scoop up anything Jennifer Blood :P
    Glad to see I am not the only one who liked it!

I have not read a lot with Jennifer Blood, what would you recommend I check out for her?

Also glad to see you like Nancy's run on Vampirella. I recently got to ask Nancy some questions about it on a group chat on Groupees, a lot of cool stuff coming. I will post the questions I asked later on a different forum thread.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Since I'm getting into the main Swords of Sorrow series now (a bit late, I know) I'll probably see if I can find a copy of this next time I'm at a comic book shop.

I usually read anything Jennifer Blood. But I also usually read anything Swamp Thing, and Nancy Collins is the one writer whose run was so bad I just skipped it after a handful of issues. So I am undecided about spending money on this.
    What's Swords Of Sorrow, anyways? I love Gail Simone, but would I need to read a bunch of other books first to have any clue what was happening in it?

Not really. Its a crossover with most of Dynamites female leads. The story itself is pretty standalone. Whilst im familiar with some of the characters already theres ithers id never read anything of and i didnt feel particularly lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Not really. Its a crossover with most of Dynamites female leads. The story itself is pretty standalone. Whilst im familiar with some of the characters already theres others id never read anything of and i didnt feel particularly lost.
    Plus, the versions of the characters in this series aren't necessarily tied directly into the continuities of the characters as they would be appearing elsewhere, so it's not like you have to have previously read every previous issue featuring, say Jungle Girl, to understand her part in this. (And I don't think there were any direct references to what's happened in issues of Project Superpowers for Masquerade.)