Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default "Uncanny X-Men" #600 Delayed Until "After 'Secret Wars'"

Brian Michael Bendis has confirmed that the finale to his X-Men run has been moved to October, due to " editorial and commercial reasons."

Full article here.

Do you know what this means? It means series relaunches with their original numbering. They did this for editorial reasons because they intend to release Uncanny X-Men #601. YAY!
    Pull List
    Avengers, Captain America, Daredevil, Fantastic Four, Hulk, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Thor, Wolverine, Uncanny X-Men
    Justice League, Action Comics, Superman, Detective Comics, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash, Aquaman, Cyborg

The Man Without Fear. Batman#22's Avatar

Default Are you kidding me with this!

UGH!

I was so looking forward to this. I was wanting to see how awesome this could be this month, not in fricking October! I mean honestly, who would delay this for so long?! It it's ready to go, then get a move on!
    I plan on dying tonight!!!
    (Punches himself in the nose and cause bleeding)
    ... how about you?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by randomengine View Post
    Do you know what this means? It means series relaunches with their original numbering. They did this for editorial reasons because they intend to release Uncanny X-Men #601. YAY!
    uncanny inhumans 601

Still not buying this excuse. And I still don't understand the "commercial" aspect of it. By October, Secret Wars will be over and we'll know what the new status quo for the X-men will be. Uncanny X-men #600 might as well be a glorified flashback by then. When stories of the aftermath start getting told before the stories themselves, it tends to not work out. That's what happened to Ultimates under Hitch. That's what happened with Superman Unchained as well. Delays really undermine the impact of the story as a whole. We already know Cyclops has established himself as a new leader of Nation X. We also know Hank McCoy survives since he too was in Secret Wars #1. So why delay? Will the sales really change that much? By October, it really can't do much. It's like watching an entire season of Breaking Bad or Game of Thrones out of order. It really undermines the strength of the story.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Damn, so lame. I truly hope it means good things for the X-Men that we all know and love (and miss)

He ignored "Axis". He ignored "Original Sin". He pretty much ignored every single previous events. And now he found a way to do it again: BMB finally found a way to ignore Secret Wars!

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    He ignored "Axis". He ignored "Original Sin". He pretty much ignored every single previous events. And now he found a way to do it again: BMB finally found a way to ignore Secret Wars!
    Oddly enough he did not ignore Inhumanity.
    Pull List
    Avengers, Captain America, Daredevil, Fantastic Four, Hulk, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Thor, Wolverine, Uncanny X-Men
    Justice League, Action Comics, Superman, Detective Comics, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash, Aquaman, Cyborg

I'm fine with it. Let's wait and see and read the issues. Maybe it will make sense then.

what issues should we read? x-men have been cancelled until at least october.

I have a hard time seeing how this will have a positive effect commercially.
    Game Over man! Game Over!

Quote Originally Posted by All-New Valar Stercus NOW.1 View Post
    I have a hard time seeing how this will have a positive effect commercially.
    It can stand out instead of being lost among all the Secret Wars hype?
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

That amazes me. A self imposed delay on the book. Uncanny is literally the only book I'm picking up now and was going to continue to pick up through #600 - still am IF it releases. I am wonder if they will even release it. I would say it's laughable but it's kind of sad. They are actively trying to kill the X-franchise with this final nail in the coffin.

I also really do believe it will never see publication. At least not under the Uncanny X-Men banner or #600.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    I also really do believe it will never see publication. At least not under the Uncanny X-Men banner or #600.
    I will wager a small box of jellybeans that it comes out as Uncanny X-Men #600. Maybe not in October.

BANNED

Pathetic, they'll make nessecary changes for post SW to have gel with the 8months later time skip.