BANNED

Default Will EVERY SINGLE MARVEL TITLE JUMP 8 Months later when Secret Wars end ?

Just because the Hawkeye series, Bucky Barnes Series, Squirrel Girl series and Groot Series DO NOT tie in to the Secret Wars event, doesn't mean that they cannot avoid the 8 month jump, right ?

What I mean is given that these series don't tie In to Secret Wars, does that mean that they'll avoid the 8 month jump ?

Spectacular Member

Yes. The new Marvel Universe will come after Secret Wars is finished, and the 8 Months Later is in the new universe.

I assume everything will eventually synchronize once the new status quo is established, since even the books that aren't part of Secret War are still part of the Marvel Universe. How it's handled, though, will probably depend on how each of their stories ends up converging with the new setting.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I think those titles not directly tied in will just keep going or get renumbered(cause that's apparently industry standard now), having a title reach issue #25 is now considered a "long running" book.

I believe Allred's Silver Surfer is continuing. I haven't seen a status on Punisher, Deathlok, Moon Knight or Black Widow(she does have a last days arc). Or Ant-Man.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I think those titles not directly tied in will just keep going or get renumbered (cause that's apparently industry standard now), having a title reach issue #25 is now considered a "long running" book.
    At least when it comes to Marvel. DC still has quite a few books that got the shiny new "#1 Issue!" treatment at the start of the New 52 back in September of 2011 that will be numbered in the 40s this summer. (And that was also without a lot of double-shipping for the regular on-going stories.)

All the books not tying into Secret Wars will be set before Secret Wars for the duration of the event, so yeah, the jump applies to them too.
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I think those titles not directly tied in will just keep going or get renumbered(cause that's apparently industry standard now), having a title reach issue #25 is now considered a "long running" book.

I believe Allred's Silver Surfer is continuing. I haven't seen a status on Punisher, Deathlok, Moon Knight or Black Widow(she does have a last days arc). Or Ant-Man.
    It was mentioned in a recent Axel in Charge that Moon Knight would be coming back in some form, also Spencer has said Ant-Man will be back.
    currently reading: Dept. H, Hellboy in Hell, Kaijumax, Moon Knight