Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default "Phonogram" Returns, "Morning Glories" Hits #50 in Image Comics' August 2015 Solicitations

Plus, the latest from "Walking Dead," Lazarus," "ODY-C" and "Outcast," and the "Jupiter's Circle" finale!

Full article here.

Was really hoping to see Casanova show back up, but no such luck.

A few things for me this month:

WE STAND ON GUARD #2
    TWD #145
    TREES #12
    SOUTHERN BASTARDS #11
    SEX CRIMINALS #13
    OUTCAST #12 (A maybe, been disappointed with this series so far but hoping it picks up).
    LAZARUS #19 (The cover looks very interesting).

So, Nowhere Men is coming back with a second arc it seems, which is quite exciting.

A skip month for a few favourites: Fade Out, EoW, Saga, Velvet.
    Last edited by ysemaj; 05-19-2015 at 10:29 AM.

Small month for me:

Injection
    Kaptara
    ODY-C
    Phonogram: The Immaterial Girl (might try it, but I haven't read the previous volumes)
    Rat Queens
    Rumble
    Sex Criminals (DID CHIP JUST NAMED HIMSELF AFTER STEVE DIKTO?! LMAO)
    We Stand On Guard
    The Wicked + The Divine

Four trades of the Marz/Sejic Witchblade run for under $20? That theres a bargain folks.

Pull:
    Elephantmen #67
    Lazarus #19
    Rat Queens #14

Will Probably Try:
    Beauty #1
    Kaptara #5
    Mythic #4
    Phonogram: The Immaterial Girl #1
    We Stand on Guard #2

Battle Through Time Samurai Jack's Avatar

Well, still no Monstress. That's kinda depressing... hopefully a September solicit then.

This will be the lightest month of Image Comics for me ever.
    All I'll be getting is Outcast #12.

One thing that really surprised me is volume 2 of Wayward is 16.99 instead of the usual 12.99 or 14.99 prices.
    I had already decided that I would be buying Wayward in comic issue form, because 1) I like the letters page, 2) the mythology essays in the back are exclusive to the issues, and 3) I wanted to support Jim Zub's Wayward series because I actually genuinely enjoy it and he revived Samurai Jack in 2013, which I strongly appreciate.

Still, for those trade waiting, 16.99 is pretty expensive for only five issues.
    Top 10 Favorite Comics as of September 2019
    Image: Unnatural, Isola, Monstress
    Marvel: Magnificent Ms. Marvel
    IDW: Samurai Jack: Lost Worlds
    Other: Chuck Mullin's Bird Brain, Huda F's "Yes, I'm Hot in This," Nathan W. Pyle's Strange Planet, Dirk Manning & K. Lynn Smith's Hope, Samurai Grandpa

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Jack View Post
    Well, still no Monstress. That's kinda depressing... hopefully a September solicit then.

This will be the lightest month of Image Comics for me ever.
    All I'll be getting is Outcast #12.

One thing that really surprised me is volume 2 of Wayward is 16.99 instead of the usual 12.99 or 14.99 prices.
    I had already decided that I would be buying Wayward in comic issue form, because 1) I like the letters page, 2) the mythology essays in the back are exclusive to the issues, and 3) I wanted to support Jim Zub's Wayward series because I actually genuinely enjoy it and he revived Samurai Jack in 2013, which I strongly appreciate.

I think 16.99 is a disgrace to be frank. There are many comics out there that are much better than Wayward, which I considered to be quite weak anyway, and they're much cheaper. I'd at least have expected it to be 6 issues to even try and justify that price.

A small month for me

Descender #6
    Drifter #7
    Lazarus #19
    Low #9
    Roche Limit: Clandestiny #4

Wow, I hate to say it but this is a dud month from Image. I guess the big news here is that Nowhere Men is returning in Fall. And I won't be getting Wayward Volume 2 at that price. That's absurd.
    Epic things: "TOPANGA" (GHA), Jaxson & Zefferson (PRO), Lucas (SHEL)

Super excited about Brandon Graham and Xurxo G. Penalta's 8House: Kiem. Been waiting forever.
    Anne Bonnie, Princess Ugg, Five Ghosts, Saga, Rat Queens, Groo, Goon, Usagi Yojimbo, Sixth Gun, Wasteland, Courtney Crumrin, Jonah Hex, Walking Dead, Manifest Destiny, God Hates Astronauts, Spread, Fearless Dawn, Nailbiter, Copperhead, Stray Bullets, Birthright, Bone, Lazarus

Incredible Member

These light Image months are giving me the opportunity to check out some of Boom's new offerings. They have some great looking stuff starting in the coming months. I encourage y'all to take a look at what they're putting out if you are finding that you have some extra room in your comic book budget.

Several observations:

1. Three months in a row without a Five Ghosts solicitation...that is worrisome.

2. I was hoping Monstress was starting in August...maybe we will see it in September.

3. Still nothing on Bill Willingham's Restoration or any of the four previously announced Nick Spencer books.

4. I am again disappointed that Mercenary Sea has not picked back up. When will we see it again?

5. Two months in a row without a Fade Out solicitation. Why did they make such a big deal about this Brubaker/Phillips 5-year deal when they are barely putting out any books?

6. I expected to see a month long break in Southern Cross after issue 5 came out. I am pleasantly surprised that isn't the case.

7. 8House is getting a new title, but keeping the same numbering. This series has me confused.

8. Of the new number 1's, Dark Corridor is the one I'm most likely to pick up, but $4 is a hefty price-tag for a relatively unknown creator.

9. I will miss Invisible Republic this month...that book is so good.

10. The Island solicit is even more unhelpful than the solicit for issue 1. What about that solicit makes one want to commit to an $8 price tag?

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Jack View Post

16.99 for five issues? That sounds like something Marvel would do than Image. It's probably worst that Wayward's not even all that good (fix the dang pacing problems writer!)

Dark Corridor #1 - Goodfellas by Quentin Tarantino? Sold.
    Descender #6
    Injection #4 - Loved #1. Excellent artwork.
    Mythic #4 - Maybe. Not yet read #1.
    Phonogram: The Immaterial Girl #1 - New book from Gillen/McKelvie? Hell yeah.
    We Stand On Guard #2
    Wolf #2

Amazing Member

Image books dropping off and disappearing is what is making me want to switch my Image pulls to digital. There are some series that stick to a good schedule (Black Science, Saga, TWD, etc.) but then there are some that ship so randomly that I don't even want them in my box.

Also: I have no idea why Wayward thinks it can get away with a $16.99 price point. I have a feeling that a lot of people aren't willing to pick up Volume 2 at that price.