Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This entire post compressed into: Nowhere Men news, YES!

Battle Through Time Samurai Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ysemaj View Post
    I think 16.99 is a disgrace to be frank. There are many comics out there that are much better than Wayward, which I considered to be quite weak anyway, and they're much cheaper. I'd at least have expected it to be 6 issues to even try and justify that price.
    If it's going to be 16.99, I'd say it should have all the mythology essays from each issue included. It needs to have extra material to justify why people should pay for Wayward compared to other Image paperbacks that are much cheaper. I'm not sure who thought it would be a good idea to make Wayward's collected volumes so much more expensive compared to Image's other series.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    16.99 for five issues? That sounds like something Marvel would do than Image.
    It's actually a little more expensive than Marvel. At least with some five issue volumes [like Ms Marvel, All New Ghost Rider, and Ant-Man], they were 15.99.

Plus I think Marvel collected editions include all the variant covers. It was stated for the first Wayward volume that the variant covers would not be included in the trade paperback, so it probably won't be included in the second volume either.

EDIT: According to the Amazon description, volume 2 of Wayward will include the mythology essays and design artwork from the artist.
    Still doesn't justify the price though... Readers shouldn't have to pay extra for that, it should be added bonus content available for a reasonable common price.

Well, I'll continue to buy Wayward in issue form in that case. Unfortunately I don't expect it to last long in sales now though...
    Last edited by Samurai Jack; 05-19-2015 at 12:24 PM.
    Top 10 Favorite Comics as of September 2019
    Image: Unnatural, Isola, Monstress
    Marvel: Magnificent Ms. Marvel
    IDW: Samurai Jack: Lost Worlds
    Other: Chuck Mullin's Bird Brain, Huda F's "Yes, I'm Hot in This," Nathan W. Pyle's Strange Planet, Dirk Manning & K. Lynn Smith's Hope, Samurai Grandpa

Image is a dud for me as well as there is nothing in these solicits that I'm picking up. Maybe some of the delayed books will show up that month to keep it from being a complete bust.

Pull:

Airboy #3
    Birthright #10
    Copperhead #10
    Deadly Class #16
    Descender #6
    Drifter #7
    Empty Zone #3
    Injection #4
    Invincible #122
    Jupiter’s Circle #6
    Kaptara #5
    Lazarus #19
    Low #9
    Mythic #4
    Nailbiter #15
    ODY-C #6
    Pisces #5
    Rasputin #8
    Rat Queens #14
    Rumble #6
    Savior #5
    Shutter #14
    Sons Of The Devil #4
    Southern Bastards #11
    Spread #10
    They’re Not Like Us #7
    Trees #12

Image Giant-Sized Artist’s Proof Edition: The Walking Dead #1

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Jack View Post
    If it's going to be 16.99, I'd say it should have all the mythology essays from each issue included. It needs to have extra material to justify why people should pay for Wayward compared to other Image paperbacks that are much cheaper. I'm not sure who thought it would be a good idea to make Wayward's collected volumes so much more expensive compared to Image's other series.

It's actually a little more expensive than Marvel. At least with some five issue volumes [like Ms Marvel, All New Ghost Rider, and Ant-Man], they were 15.99.

Plus I think Marvel collected editions include all the variant covers. It was stated for the first Wayward volume that the variant covers would not be included in the trade paperback, so it probably won't be included in the second volume either.

EDIT: According to the Amazon description, volume 2 of Wayward will include the mythology essays and design artwork from the artist.
    Still doesn't justify the price though... Readers shouldn't have to pay extra for that, it should be added bonus content available for a reasonable common price.

Well, I'll continue to buy Wayward in issue form in that case. Unfortunately I don't expect it to last long in sales now though...
    Maybe they'll include the essays and variant covers from 1-5 also? I really hope this doesn't affect sales as I think the actual series shows a lot of promise.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper Avenue View Post
    Maybe they'll include the essays and variant covers from 1-5 also? I really hope this doesn't affect sales as I think the actual series shows a lot of promise.
    I don't know about the variant covers, but the Amazon description for volume 2 does say it will include "profiles on mythical creatures by noted monster researcher Zack Davisson." Hopefully the essays will be included in the trades from now on, which were unfortunately omitted in the first trade paperback. [At least according to Jim Zub on his website.] I haven't checked out the first trade of Wayward yet. I might buy it one day since it's only 9.99, although I already own both Cover A and B of each of the issues that have come out [including the Phantom variant cover of the first issue].
    Other: Chuck Mullin's Bird Brain, Huda F's "Yes, I'm Hot in This," Nathan W. Pyle's Strange Planet, Dirk Manning & K. Lynn Smith's Hope, Samurai Grandpa

Quote Originally Posted by thewarning View Post
    This entire post compressed into: Nowhere Men news, YES!
    I was quite surprised with this tbh. Never thought that Nate would want to go back to it considering what happened to him, but hey, I'm not complaining

lol @ people paying retail prices

Heh, I don't pay retail prices for collected editions, but the more expensive a retail price is, the harder it will be to get a decent discount on the book. For example, the discount of the book would be what the price of the book should have been in the first place if the original retail price wasn't so expensive to begin with.

I hope that makes sense...

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by wwise03 View Post
    1. Three months in a row without a Five Ghosts solicitation...that is worrisome.
    Five Ghosts is coming back in the Fall. Frank mentioned in an interview not too long ago that they'll be wrapping up the current arc (which I think only 1 issue remains) and they'll take the summer off for the series and come back in the Fall.

The Humans wasn't cancelled? Hell yes!
    Morning Glories #50 should be awesome, too. I get a bit fed up with it sometimes, but if they are dubbing it the season 2 finale, I know I am in for payoff for sticking with it.

Hey is The Surface ending with #4 already? Or did they just forget to name this trade "volume 1"?

Most excited for 8House: Kiem and Island Magazine (that cover!!). Also I'm delighted ODY-C will be back so soon, I'd figured this would take a while to return given the complexity of the artwork, so this is pretty great news.

Lastly, I love the name "Oemnibus", well played Michael Avon Oeming.
    All the cool cats are reading CBR's Community Standards & Rules!

Quote Originally Posted by wwise03 View Post
    5. Two months in a row without a Fade Out solicitation. Why did they make such a big deal about this Brubaker/Phillips 5-year deal when they are barely putting out any books?

6. I expected to see a month long break in Southern Cross after issue 5 came out. I am pleasantly surprised that isn't the case.
    Fade Out was planned hiatus until Sep. Southern Cross was plan ed as a 6-issue mini and has become ongoing.

Image:
    - Pull: Descender, Drifter, Injection, Jupiter's Circle (ending), Lazarus, Low, Nailbiter, Ody-C, Outcast, Pisces, Rat Queens, Sex Criminals, Shutter (jumps to $4), Sons of the Devil, They're Not Like Us, Walking Dead, We Stand on Guard, Wolf
    - Skip Month: Autumnlands, Black Science, East of West, Fade Out, Invisible Republic, Manhattan Projects, Manifest Destiny, Saga, Sex, Thief of Thieves, Velvet, Wytches

Marvel:
    - Pull: Bucky Barnes (ending), Star Wars, Darth Vader (double ship), Lando (double ship)

DC:
    - Pull: American Vampire (likely drop after current arc ends due to delays/resolicits)
    - Skip Month: Sandman, Suiciders

DH:
    - Pull: Fight Club, Rebels

Others:
    - Maybe: King
    - Pull: Bunker (advance solicit), Letter 44, Spire, Strange Fruit
    - Skip Month: Life After
    Last edited by comicfiend; 05-25-2015 at 07:49 PM.

Pretty big month for me. Plus two new titles that I'll be checking out.

The Beauty #1
    Bloodstrike #2
    Copperhead #10
    Dark Corridor #1
    Drifter #7
    Elephantmen #67
    Lazarus #19
    Low #9
    Nailbiter #15
    Postal #6
    Revival #32
    Spawn #256