Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Disappointed Monstress is still missing from it's summer solicits, but here's hoping for September?

8House: Kiem #3 (Interesting that they changed the name)
    Birthright #10
    Copperhead #10
    Descender #6
    Drifter #7
    Injection #4
    Lazarus #19
    Low #9
    Outcast #12
    Pisces #5
    Postal #6
    Rasputin #8
    Reyn #7
    Roche Limit: Clandestiny #4
    Savage Dragon #208
    Savior #5
    Southern Cross #6
    Spawn #256
    Trees #12
    We Stand on Guard #2

On break/hiatus...

Autumnlands: Tooth and Claw (Really hopes this returns in September)
    Black Science
    Dying and the Dead (Is this really finished? Was seven issues it?)
    East of West
    Five Ghosts (Looking forward to it's return in the fall)
    Invisible Republic
    Manifest Destiny (With it's already solicited books having been delayed here and there, issues #17 and #18 are slated for July 15 and 22. Those will get delayed into August and possibly September)
    Nameless (Has Morrison said this book is done with issue #5?)
    Rise of the Magi (I think this one is not coming back. HUGE delays to get it's first arc done with and issues 6 and 7 STILL aren't out yet. Art in my opinion is not that great to warrant these kinds of delays)
    Secret Identities
    The Tithe (Loved the first issue and looking forward to reading the other 3 issues of the first arc)
    Velvet (Great book, but the delays and non-solicits are not surprising)
    Wytches (Makes sense to have this come back in the fall)
    Last edited by Mjolnir; 05-19-2015 at 04:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    Dying and the Dead (Is this really finished? Was seven issues it?)
    Manifest Destiny (With it's already solicited books having been delayed here and there, issues #17 and #18 are slated for July 15 and 22. Those will get delayed into August and possibly September)
    Dying and the Dead was recently disclosed as a 7-issue mini; massive delays already afoot with latest projected shelf dates of: 3 3/18>6/10, 4 4/29>7/8, 5 5/20>8/5, 6 6/24>9/2, 7 $4.50 45p 7/29>10/7

Manifest Destiny latest projected shelf dates of: 15 3/18>6/10, no April, 16 5/20>7/8, 17 6/17>8/5, 18 7/22>9/2

Velvet latest projected shelf dates of: 11 3/18>6/17, 12 4/22>7/15, 13 5/27>8/12, no June, 14 7/29>9/9
    Last edited by comicfiend; 05-19-2015 at 07:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by comicfiend View Post
    Dying and the Dead was recently disclosed as a 7-issue mini; massive delays already afoot with latest projected shelf dates of: 3 3/18>6/10, 4 4/29>7/8, 5 5/20>8/5, 6 6/24>9/2, 7 $4.50 45p 7/29>10/7

Manifest Destiny latest projected shelf dates of: 15 3/18>6/10, 16 5/20>7/8, 17 6/17>8/5, 18 7/22>9/2

Velvet latest projected shelf dates of: 11 4/22>6/17, 12 4/22>7/15, 13 5/27>8/12, noJun, 14 7/29>9/9
    Man, when you look at the original solicit dates and then look at the new ones, it's really amazing isn't it? With Dying and the Dead, this was my first exposure to Ryan Bodenheim's work. It's good, but is he really this slow by trade or has their been any indication that he has other things going on in his life?

With Velvet I've just come to expect that Steve Epting is really that slow. Is he working on anything at Marvel or DC that would keep him from getting this out sooner?

And Manifest Destiny, well, the art is great so I can understand some of the delays, but they're not that bad like other books.

And with Five Ghosts, Chris Mooneyham's art is fantastic, but he put out 4 Predator: Fire and Stone books over 4 months last year for Dark Horse while working on Five Ghosts. So I think it's been about catching up ever since.

Deadly Class #16
    Descender #6
    Drifter #7
    Lazarus #19
    LOW #9
    Southern Bastards #11
    Savior #5
    Last edited by cc008; 05-20-2015 at 10:50 AM.

Spectacular Member

Man, when you look at the original solicit dates and then look at the new ones, it's really amazing isn't it? With Dying and the Dead, this was my first exposure to Ryan Bodenheim's work. It's good, but is he really this slow by trade or has their been any indication that he has other things going on in his life?
    Bodenheim is notoriously slow. Their last series together, Secret, was hit with massive delays at issue 2 as well. Secret was supposed to be an ongoing, but it had been delayed so much that it was truncated to 7 issues. Frankly, I figured based on what happened with Secret that Hickman would not have sent TD&TD to print without a guarantee that it would be smooth sailing.

Nothing new to add to my list. I'll probably pick up Starve digitally somewhere down the road.
    image Ascender, Birthright, Deadly Class, Die, Lazarus, Monstress, Nocterra, Oblivion Song, Rat Queens, Realm, Reaver, Redneck, Sweet Paprika Marvel Excalibur, Marauders, X-Force, X-Men DC Batman/Catwoman, Wonder Girl Dynamite Red Sonja, Vengeance of Vampirella Boom Dark Blood, Once & Future, Something is Killing the Children

Sons Of The Devil ( Looks good , but I might trade wait it - Reasons being I heard it was like the TV show True Detective)

Wolf ( Whats this ? I like that cover)

BANNED

still no Clone. *sigh

Quote Originally Posted by JJ Fiegel View Post
    Bodenheim is notoriously slow. Their last series together, Secret, was hit with massive delays at issue 2 as well. Secret was supposed to be an ongoing, but it had been delayed so much that it was truncated to 7 issues. Frankly, I figured based on what happened with Secret that Hickman would not have sent TD&TD to print without a guarantee that it would be smooth sailing.
    Man that's too bad about Bodenheim. I don't know what kind of relationship Hickman has with him these days, but if I'm him, friend or not, after Secret and now Dying and the Dead, I'm not ever working with Bodenheim again until he has at least 4 or 5 issues in the can BEFORE the first issue is ever solicited and/or a guarantee that he can keep at least a bi-monthly schedule because it's pretty obvious he CAN'T do monthly. Privately I wonder if Hickman now wishes he went to somebody else to draw this story.

I read the first two issues of TD&TD and loved them, but sadly I won't finish reading this series until all 7 issues are out. I'll buy them, but just won't be bothered to read it until it's all done. It's sad too because I think the original idea for Hickman was to have this book be a lot longer than it originally is now intended to be. But with such a delay on all the rest of the issues, I guess Hickman probably went back and tweaked his scripts so now it wraps up in seven issues rather than whatever he possibly envisioned it being. I wonder if it ever came up or was an idea where Hickman would have a talk with Bodenheim and say we need a new artist to finish this story if you can't go on in a timely manner.

Quote Originally Posted by comicfiend View Post

Manifest Destiny latest projected shelf dates of: 15 3/18>6/10, no April, 16 5/20>7/8, 17 6/17>8/5, 18 7/22>9/2

Velvet latest projected shelf dates of: 11 3/18>6/17, 12 4/22>7/15, 13 5/27>8/12, no June, 14 7/29>9/9
    Where did you find those new dates by the way?

Where did you find those new dates by the way?
    Updated every Sunday at http://www.comiclist.com/index.php/l...endedForecast/

What surprises me about Dying and the Dead is that it was still solicited every month even when it was knowingly grossly late. For Secret it ended up taking well over a year at one point yet the solicit was never cancelled and resolicted.

Quote Originally Posted by gantz_alien_killer View Post
    still no Clone. *sigh
    I thought Clone was finished for the time being? I'm sure there would be a big announcement if they were to continue on with the story.
    image Ascender, Birthright, Deadly Class, Die, Lazarus, Monstress, Nocterra, Oblivion Song, Rat Queens, Realm, Reaver, Redneck, Sweet Paprika Marvel Excalibur, Marauders, X-Force, X-Men DC Batman/Catwoman, Wonder Girl Dynamite Red Sonja, Vengeance of Vampirella Boom Dark Blood, Once & Future, Something is Killing the Children

Fantastic Member AwesomeUsername's Avatar

Nameless (Has Morrison said this book is done with issue #5?)
    I've been wondering that as well. Two months without a new issue solicited. And after re-reading the solicitation for issue #5 today, maybe it is the final one.

I'm not even sure what all Image books I'm reading anymore with their release schedules. This month I'll be getting Lazarus, Southern Bastards, and Invincible.
    The Worlds Greatest Comic Magazine Review - Vol 1 (Issues 1-50) and Vol 2 (Issues 51-102)

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Still not done crying into my pillow for Alex + Ada, but I might pick up We Stand On Guard or Wolf... okay, most definitely We Stand On Guard
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force