Super Moderator

Default Pipeline - May 19, 2015

"Mister Majestic" came out 15 years ago and didn't make it past issue #9, but it's still a great read. Augie explains why in this first of two parts.

Full article here.

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    "Mister Majestic" came out 15 years ago and didn't make it past issue #9, but it's still a great read. Augie explains why in this first of two parts.

Full article here.
    Yeah that was a pretty solid title. The strength of that comic + Moore's use of the guy in his run on Wildcats + my love for Charles Bronson explains this monicker.

BANNED

Joe Casey's work with the Wildstorm universe was fantastic. While people often laud Ellis and Millar for their work with the Squadron Supreme-like Authority? The praise for what Moore and Casey accomplished with the Wildcats - including its stable of characters such as Majestic - is nearly nonexistent. Such a shame...

Personally, I'll take Moore and Casey's Wildcats over Ellis and Millar's Stormwatch/Authority any day.

Halo batteries for the win!

(Oh, and I also love Brubaker's Point Blank - a great Grifter story - and Sleeper!)

Amazing Member

Holguin definitely overwrote but his style worked well with some things, like his 75+ issues of Spawn. I felt he was a mismatch on this title, Casey saved it though.

Hmmm, I'm not sure how I'd rank everything. That's a good question, and probably worthy of a column in the future... Right now, though, I'm still putting StormWatch/Authority ahead of Wildcats. I did recently pull out both seasons of "Sleeper." It's been long enough that I've forgotten enough of it to make it all seem new again. ;-)

Casey's Ladytron one shot was pretty cool, too. Eric Canete on art and everything! Almost made that part of the Mr. Majestic round-up, but ran out of time/space...

-Augie