Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    The rumor mentions "a superstar writer"? It sounds like Johns or Snyder. They'd both bring sales, but god damn i hate Snyder and his pseudo intellectual (but otherwise empty and overly advertised) crap. The king's new clothes story comes to mind. I hope we get Johns and he gives her the GL treatment.

Agreed. Considering that when Johns took over Green Lantern, there was just one Lantern title. Now we have Green Lantern, Green Lantern Corps, Sinestro, and Red Lanterns. If Johns could build Diana's world up to that level, that should give most of Wonder Woman's fans at least one book they would like.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Absolute Power, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Birds of Prey, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Justice Society of America, Shazam, Titans, & Wonder Woman.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Yeah, given a choice, I'd prefer Johns.

He's popular. He'd bring in big sales. He's arguably the best writer in the business, as far as revamping villains goes. He could do a LOT of good for Diana.

But if we get Snyder? I do like what he's mentioned about his ideas, thus far. I'd definitely be willing to give him a shot.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Johns is a fan of legacy too so he'd probably make it a priority to reconcile Cassie to the mythos and build on a new Diana, Donna, Cassie dynamic. I have no problem with Cassie right now in a vacuum, but she has no connection to the Wonder mythos in anything but name. What's the point then.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Agreed. Considering that when Johns took over Green Lantern, there was just one Lantern title. Now we have Green Lantern, Green Lantern Corps, Sinestro, and Red Lanterns. If Johns could build Diana's world up to that level, that should give most of Wonder Woman's fans at least one book they would like.
    On paper, sure. That said, the Corp and the concepts he built on were in existence. Diana has a smaller set of possibilities.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    On paper, sure. That said, the Corp and the concepts he built on were in existence. Diana has a smaller set of possibilities.
    She really doesn't.

Diana has a crazy amount of villains and history to play with. At least as many as the Green Lantern Corps ever did. Johns specializes in looking at a character's history, taking a few abandoned concepts, and putting a whole new spin on them. If he's really getting into Diana's history, then he should have no trouble finding at least as many things there as he did in Green Lantern's history.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

As for what's to come, it's sort of a stumper. Why leave Finch and Finch there for the "New Initiative" if you intend on pulling them from the title?

At the same time, the latest solicit is not "promising" once you factor in where the current run started.

As for the "mystery" Amazon, doesn't the obvious choice seem a little too obvious?

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Diana has a crazy amount of villains and history to play with. At least as many as the Green Lantern Corps ever did. Johns specializes in looking at a character's history, taking a few abandoned concepts, and putting a whole new spin on them. If he's really getting into Diana's history, then he should have no trouble finding at least as many things there as he did in Green Lantern's history.
    Sure. That said, the Core has an obvious built in audience. As do a few of the "Earth" sector human Lanterns. He also had a title where they had held on to those elements of pre-"New-52" continuity. Diana's world is not exactly the same situation.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    The rumor mentions "a superstar writer"? It sounds like Johns or Snyder. They'd both bring sales, but god damn i hate Snyder and his pseudo intellectual (but otherwise empty and overly advertised) crap. The king's new clothes story comes to mind. I hope we get Johns and he gives her the GL treatment.
    I prefer Snyder. Johns is not the same from when he was writing GL,he isn't so good right now. I think Fabok gave a new energy to johns, that made me excite about JL. Johns has many responsabilities as CCO, and writing JL and batman earth one also take the time he needs to write WW. Snyder is pretty busy with batman, american vampire and wytches, possibly a new batman eternal...but I think it's easier to snyder give more time to WW than Johns.

also snyder did many good things for batman, like the weekly. I would really like a weekly with WW characters for the anniversary. Also he brought Mark doyle for the line, that only did good things for the line with really great books.

I donnt and people shouldn't expect johns do the same for WW like he did to lantern corps
    Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Sure. That said, the Core has an obvious built in audience. As do a few of the "Earth" sector human Lanterns. He also had a title where they had held on to those elements of pre-"New-52" continuity. Diana's world is not exactly the same situation.
    different situations. Green lantern was already on good built and with many possibilities to explore not having rebooted. WW lost big elements of her story with new 52, she rebooted from zero.

sounds like the redemption of donna is being accelerate. I hope until the end of this year Finches are out of WW book.
    Last edited by Blacksun; 05-25-2015 at 08:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    3.99? Wasn't July back down 2.99? Jeez DC make your mind up!!!
    If this will be a dollar increase along with the recently mentioned half-page ads, that is quite a bit to ask of the reader.